E-Cigarette discussion

Page 2 of 5<12345>
April 25th, 2014 at 7:34:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Its not about getting high, its the danger of concentrated nicotine. It can kill you, and a kid getting it in them, it wont be some high... it will be hospital or the morgue.

What I mean is more that no matter what some people will try to get high. If it wasn't e-cigs it would be something else. Booze, Blue-Sky Meth, glue, whatever. Old as time.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2014 at 10:00:23 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
What I mean is more that no matter what some people will try to get high. If it wasn't e-cigs it would be something else. Booze, Blue-Sky Meth, glue, whatever. Old as time.

Totally agree. Vaping is okay by me, people can do what they want, I just think people should treat like smoking and not do it in enclosed areas (like planes), restaurants, etc.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 25th, 2014 at 10:12:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Yeah, one guy told me Aqua Velva after shave was popular in the Air Force a couple of decades ago. They would actually drink the stuff for its alcohol content.
April 25th, 2014 at 12:55:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tomspur
What about kids? If it is safe do you think it is ok for the E-Cig companies to market to kids and consequently for kids to use them?

No. Doesn't mean they won't get them anyway. But that doesn't mean they should be marketed to kids either.

Reminds of a pet peeve. Just don't lie to kids that something is more dangerous than it is. That was tried with marijuana and I think it just makes them not take information seriously. If they're lying about marijuana, maybe meth warnings or some other drug info can be taken skeptically.

Right now, the info about e-cigs is we just don't know that much yet. If you don't have any standards for what's in them then it's really just a toss up.

Edit -- maybe I should specify that info by strong anti-drug campaigns often just spins to the very worst results. And that's doing a disservice to presenting accurate information.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2014 at 5:03:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
E-cigs are the gateway to candy cigs and diabetes. A
candy cig habit is very hard to beat.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 26th, 2014 at 1:51:08 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob

I can remember buying those
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 26th, 2014 at 3:45:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
E-cigs are the gateway to candy cigs and diabetes. A
candy cig habit is very hard to beat.

I remember candy cigs but in my day the brands were always greeked form the real ting.
The President is a fink.
October 10th, 2019 at 6:46:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Okay. I get it. There is a "We vape and we VOTE" movement as vapers become politicized and vocal.
But please remember:
We Non-Vapers pay for your emphysema, lung cancer and COPD.
We vote too.
And we are more numerous!
October 10th, 2019 at 7:21:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Fleastiff
Okay. I get it. There is a "We vape and we VOTE" movement as vapers become politicized and vocal.
But please remember:
We Non-Vapers pay for your emphysema, lung cancer and COPD.
We vote too.
And we are more numerous!

It is far from proven that smokers cost society more than none smokers, as popular as that theory is. The smokers pay thousands of extra dollars in taxes. All people have their highest medical and support costs at the end of life. The smokers die younger saving society many years of what ever government money they are collecting.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 10th, 2019 at 7:30:18 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Vapers are getting serious and expensive diseases in their thirties and lingering for decades after that.
Page 2 of 5<12345>