E-Cigarette discussion

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
April 24th, 2014 at 10:19:43 PM permalink
Tomspur
Threads: 4
Below is an article about the CCSD (Clark County School District) who is closing a loophole about both adults and students using E-Cigarettes on school grounds.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/clark-county-school-district-moves-ban-e-cigarette-use

Do you have an opinion about E-Cigs? Have you ever tried one?

I find smoking in any form completely disgusting but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to choose to do whatever they want.

A close friend of mine was on the E-Cig binge for a while but he went straight back to real cigarettes. Said they E-Cigs didn't give him the high he was after.
April 25th, 2014 at 12:43:47 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
It depends on the actual risk. I don't know them, but at this point it is believed safe a. It's easy enough to hide completely if someone wanted, so that's what I would do if I used them.
April 25th, 2014 at 1:12:51 AM permalink
Tomspur
Threads: 4
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
It depends on the actual risk. I don't know them, but at this point it is believed safe a. It's easy enough to hide completely if someone wanted, so that's what I would do if I used them.

What about kids? If it is safe do you think it is ok for the E-Cig companies to market to kids and consequently for kids to use them?
April 25th, 2014 at 2:22:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
All over town, Vapor Stores are opening. Sell E=cigarettes, Energy Drinks and Condoms.
April 25th, 2014 at 2:57:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I'd rather people use them than blow smoke. Some woman was at my table once, using one like crazy. My boss uses one to try to get off real smokes.

I don't smoke but listened to a sales pitch for one once just because I had heard about them and wanted to learn a little. Seems just another way to get nicotine. Nothing to get excited about unless you want to sell them.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2014 at 3:16:20 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Tomspur
What about kids? If it is safe do you think it is ok for the E-Cig companies to market to kids and consequently for kids to use them?
Kids no on direct consumption. I don't believe nicotine is safe just because of addiction and really schools shouldn't be selling coke either for the same reason. They make money directly with caffeine so of course that's acceptable.
April 25th, 2014 at 4:10:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Apparently very young children are getting hold of the liquid containers used and drinking them. Not good.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 25th, 2014 at 6:22:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
Apparently very young children are getting hold of the liquid containers used and drinking them. Not good.

A segment of the population is going to try to get high no matter what you do.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2014 at 7:06:15 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: odiousgambit

UGH!! Dude, it's worse than moonshine. I get even a wisp of it on my lips from biting open the cap and it is BRUTAL. It burns so bad. A single drop of pure nicotine will kill you, I can't imagine they're taking shots of that stuff ><

I use one, but only when the situation demands. Airplanes, indoor hockey arenas, anywhere I'm stuck inside for long periods of time. I tried to use it exclusively, but it's not the same. It's just nicotine. There's some 3,000 odd chemicals in a smoke, and there's certainly one or two that are as addictive or worse than just the nic. An e-cig does nothing for my craving, unfortunately =/
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 25th, 2014 at 7:26:49 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
A segment of the population is going to try to get high no matter what you do.

Its not about getting high, its the danger of concentrated nicotine. It can kill you, and a kid getting it in them, it wont be some high... it will be hospital or the morgue.

Does not mean it needs to be banned, of course. But I expect the first 'scandal' on the dangers to children within the year.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 1 of 51234>Last »