Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

June 2nd, 2014 at 6:55:09 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
The feds screwed up when they allowed CARB to have the same power as the EPA in the 1960s.
What do CARB regulations really say? I was always under the impression that they mandated certain limits for the average mpg for the fleet of cars sold in CA. Am I wrong? Do they actually require electric vehicles to be sold? Surely they can meet limits with hybrid cars.
June 2nd, 2014 at 7:32:59 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: reno
Only 47 percent of Republicans know that President Obama was born in the United States. Source: Fox News.

50% of Democrats believe Bush knew about 9/11 is at least somewhat likely. Politico
+10

LOL!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 2nd, 2014 at 7:54:45 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Oh, Canada!

Canada bars meteorologists from talking about global cooling, global warming. climate change.

Do you applaud this move by the Canadian government, or does it outrage you?
June 2nd, 2014 at 8:01:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Oh, Canada!

Canada bars meteorologists from talking about global cooling, global warming. climate change.

Talking about nonsense in a serious manner should
always be outlawed. There's no bigger hoax than
GW.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2014 at 8:26:18 PM permalink
Beethoven
Global Warming/Climate Change = The Weather

Anyone who complains about GW or CC is basically complaining about the weather. lol...
June 3rd, 2014 at 2:56:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Oh, Canada!

I just find it amusing. I don't get outraged much about actions in countries where I do not live. I haven't even been to Canada in a few years as two of the three buddies I usually meet for reunions do not have passports.
The President is a fink.
June 3rd, 2014 at 5:21:29 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Oh, Canada!

Predict the weather right a week out, then maybe we can talk longer term trends?

Actually, Prime Minister Harper is banning (and has been, for awhile) some of the scientific community from speaking their minds in Canada, a disturbing trend that has been going on for a few years now, and not just in the area of climate change, but in oceanography, geology, etc. He's from Alberta and a very strong proponent of the oil/gas industry in that province, and for good economic reason. He's also a strong proponent of fisheries as well, and has quelled the scientific community from being able to study / speak out against the current fishery practices (farming/overfishing). For awhile, there's been a trend to cut funding to scientists that don't share the Conservative party's values.
June 3rd, 2014 at 5:26:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo
He's from Alberta and a very strong proponent of the oil/gas industry...

I like him already!
The President is a fink.
June 8th, 2014 at 5:13:04 PM permalink
Beethoven
June 14th, 2014 at 5:05:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman