Remember When

Page 46 of 49« First<43444546474849>
July 10th, 2022 at 6:15:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
Yes, we have a weekly pooper scooper come. Our dog doors are electronic. The animal must have an RFID chip on the collar for them to open. They are motorized.

I am so spoiled I haven't mowed grass, shoveled snow, or picked up dog poop in over 30 years.
Do you have a treadmill for the dogs or hire a dog walker?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 10th, 2022 at 7:27:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
We moved here from Alaska to help my wifes dad in his declining years. Now I'm declining and can't go mess with 10 foot of snow.

Understand. Though I don't think the choice necessarily had to be between Phoenix and Antartica.
: )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 8:46:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Understand. Though I don't think the choice necessarily had to be between Phoenix and Antartica.
: )
My wife loves it here.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 11th, 2022 at 2:58:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I would love to have another dog, if I could just let it out to go pooh. Here, I would have to shovel it and dispose of it. I can't do that. It's 112 outside right now. I think the dog would rather pooh on the carpet than go out there?

Hopefully not in TX
You get the crappy govt you vote for
TX asking residences to cut back on AC during a heat wave
WTF
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/texas-at-risk-of-blackouts-as-ercot-asks-for-conservation-11657529004
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 11th, 2022 at 4:55:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Hopefully not in TX
You get the crappy govt you vote for
TX asking residences to cut back on AC during a heat wave
WTF
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/texas-at-risk-of-blackouts-as-ercot-asks-for-conservation-11657529004

Yeah, we need to better on the power grid issue. I criticize the Governor and others about this often. I don’t just blindly support them as some do with people from the same party.

We closed down too many fossil fuel plants and depend too much on wind. Wind is often a problem on really hot days…it is calm. The ultimate lesson of trying to end one type of energy without having sufficient and varied reliable replacements. This is a lesson the President ignored and look at the havoc it has created. Learn from something stupid Republicans have done…no…double down on stupid…

Anyway, Texas should also be on the main grid systems to get extra power.

Our government is not perfect, but it is as good or better than many states. Democrats have taken over more suburban areas. They don’t make things better. Our County Judge was the idiot who wrote to Disney asking them to move here. He is a walking publicity stunt. I hope he is defeated in November but we are a suburban community growing with people coming out of the city. A lot of them lean left.

These things go in cycles. I will be fine. I am not stupid enough to say the government has no impact on me, but it is a low impact overall.
July 11th, 2022 at 5:35:15 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Do you have a treadmill for the dogs or hire a dog walker?

Neither, they have a good sized yard to run in.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 11th, 2022 at 8:21:02 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I have a bit of a "secret pleasure:" watching fishing videos on YouTube.

One guy simply kills it; he lives in or near Houston and he usually fishes in urban areas.

Here he is fishing in the heart of the city on Buffalo Bayou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjtRTOAuak&t=783s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOpwlo7Lmjo

My god, the monster fish this guy brings in, catfish and especially gar: go to 9:30 on the first video above to see what I mean; the second video shows him landing a fresh water fish over eight feet long.

I guess politics ain't the only thing fishy in the Lone Star State.
July 11th, 2022 at 10:39:49 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
I have a bit of a "secret pleasure: watching fishing videos on YouTube.

I am glad you are able to admit and face your problem. Good luck.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 23rd, 2022 at 8:19:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Check the features on this 1956 fridge.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 23rd, 2022 at 9:25:40 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
Check the features on this 1956 fridge.

We still have one of the fairly rare three door monitor refrigerators from before 1930 in the kitchen
Page 46 of 49« First<43444546474849>