Remember When

July 10th, 2022 at 12:38:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
Ricin/Castor oil connection makes you think. Specifically: I'm thinking I ain't taking any castor oil

"Castor beans are processed throughout the world to make castor oil. Ricin is part of the waste “mash” produced when castor oil is made" [from google search]

Eaisier to kill someone with nightshade. You might be able to paralyze someone with enough green potatoes. There’s other stuff you could give people that may make them wish they were dead before they get better.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 12:42:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
Most of the garages I've seen until I came here were never parked in, just full of "stuff".

My wife just recently started parking in ours again. I kinda think of it at times as a safety feature, with the electric opener. I live on a busy street and when she parked in the driveway, crooks could get a pretty good idea of when we were gone, because the driveway was empty. Now, they are a little more confused.

I would like someone to invent a security device, motion activated that sets off the sound of dogs barking and skidding across the floor toward the door.

That sounds very doable, motion detectors are extremely easy to get (already endless types of lights and cameras that are motion activated), I assume setting up a sound response is not very different.

Or you can always get an actual dog?
July 10th, 2022 at 1:01:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Buy a cheap pair of Shaq size sneakers, put some dried mud on them and put them just outside the front door when you leave home.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 3:07:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
That sounds very doable, motion detectors are extremely easy to get (already endless types of lights and cameras that are motion activated), I assume setting up a sound response is not very different.

Or you can always get an actual dog?
I would love to have another dog, if I could just let it out to go pooh. Here, I would have to shovel it and dispose of it. I can't do that. It's 112 outside right now. I think the dog would rather pooh on the carpet than go out there?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 10th, 2022 at 3:44:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I would love to have another dog, if I could just let it out to go pooh. Here, I would have to shovel it and dispose of it. I can't do that. It's 112 outside right now. I think the dog would rather pooh on the carpet than go out there?

I don't know your living situation but I will never have another dog unless I have a fenced in yard and a doggy door. My three year old dog has never been on a walk. The nine year old dog did get a few walks when we were selling our house and people would come over for showings.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 10th, 2022 at 4:07:26 PM permalink
rxwine

Did you never have a good opportunity to relocate to a cooler climate?
July 10th, 2022 at 4:21:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
Did you never have a good opportunity to relocate to a cooler climate?
We moved here from Alaska to help my wifes dad in his declining years. Now I'm declining and can't go mess with 10 foot of snow.
July 10th, 2022 at 4:24:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: DRich
I don't know your living situation but I will never have another dog unless I have a fenced in yard and a doggy door. My three year old dog has never been on a walk. The nine year old dog did get a few walks when we were selling our house and people would come over for showings.
Did you hire poop shovelers?

Our bug man had a doggy door and he would go home on his coffee break to be with them. Went home once and the coyotes had come in through the doggy door, killed one and mutilated the other one. Huge mess, huge expense. broken hearts. No more doggy door.
July 10th, 2022 at 4:31:35 PM permalink
rxwine
I’m pretty sure an alligator ate our oldest dog. He was in advanced senility and we probably should have kept him inside. We don’t really know, but gators patrolled the back canal.
July 10th, 2022 at 4:34:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Did you hire poop shovelers?

Our bug man had a doggy door and he would go home on his coffee break to be with them. Went home once and the coyotes had come in through the doggy door, killed one and mutilated the other one. Huge mess, huge expense. broken hearts. No more doggy door.

Yes, we have a weekly pooper scooper come. Our dog doors are electronic. The animal must have an RFID chip on the collar for them to open. They are motorized.

I am so spoiled I haven't mowed grass, shoveled snow, or picked up dog poop in over 30 years.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.