Remember When

December 12th, 2018 at 3:11:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba
I think saving then reconstituting concentrate with additives makes producers money by allowing them to control the the taste, consistency, and color of the final product. Straight juice to bottle will be all over the place in terms of these factors, with some squeezes unfit for store shelves.

Stockpiling also allows producers to weather short term problems with supply, like freezing weather or hurricanes trashing the groves. Five years is a long time though. Maybe their making Tang.

But not for years. At most they keep it to last thru the slow season.
The President is a fink.
December 13th, 2018 at 6:43:43 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
But not for years. At most they keep it to last thru the slow season.

True to some extent. But, at least in Florida years past (we've mostly lost citrus to green canker infection), the crop prices varied widely depending on whether the crop froze on the trees/was lost and prices went up for that year for what did survive. So growers would freeze anything they couldn't sell fresh, and hold it like a commodity bank for the lean (pricier) years.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
October 24th, 2019 at 5:54:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There's some old gas stations on this clip.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 1st, 2019 at 8:47:32 PM permalink
rxwine
This whole clip is a remember when.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2020 at 11:49:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I was remembering today a highlight
of my childhood. In 1961 on the Fri
before Memorial Day was the last
day of school in 6th grade and a
field trip to a county park. I had
never been on one before, and
it was a revelation.

The heady combo of last day of
grade school, last of school period,
the summer ahead. Jr High in the
fall, and a trip to a park in the
country with my whole class? It
was just too much, the best day
I can remember having in my youth.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 17th, 2021 at 3:32:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Remember the fancy new curved tvs a few years back?

I forgot all about them, but remember seeing them. I guess there are still a few new ones being offered, but they never really caught on.
June 17th, 2021 at 3:59:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Remember the fancy new curved tvs a few years back?

I forgot all about them, but remember seeing them. I guess there are still a few new ones being offered, but they never really caught on.

I think they were way too expensive for most people. Some the picture was better than being there, but you have to be serious about your home theater to lay out that kind of bread. I know half the time I am only half-watching TV and the basic hi-def picture is so good I have no interest.
The President is a fink.
June 18th, 2021 at 4:29:28 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
I have a fridge with ... kim-chi in it.

MMM... regular or spicy?

Remember when it was just kimchi? Now it is probiotic, vegan, non-gmo, msg-free, gluten-free, and all natural.

Who would have thought you would have to label cabbage as "vegan". I would think that part was understood.
July 3rd, 2021 at 6:24:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Filled my car up yesterday, then for some reason wondered if any of the pumps say “unleaded gas”. Do they even sell “leaded” gas?
July 3rd, 2021 at 6:39:50 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
Filled my car up yesterday, then for some reason wondered if any of the pumps say “unleaded gas”. Do they even sell “leaded” gas?

No, but you can buy it as an additive. I think it’s for certain types of motorcycles.