Original Sin?

August 16th, 2018 at 10:18:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
Ireland, between two of the xtian groups. How could they both think they had God on their side?

When there is no god, he can be
on everybody's side. He is whatever
you want him to be. Or nothing at
all. For an atheist, this is clear as
a bell. For those burdened with a
god belief, it's perpetually confusing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 17th, 2018 at 11:08:07 AM permalink
Evenbob
"Cardinal Raymond Burke has called for “open recognition” of the Catholic church’s homosexual culture in light of recent revelations of sexual abuse.
“I believe that there needs to be an open recognition that we have a very grave problem of a homosexual culture in the Church,” Burke said in an interview Thursday, “especially among the clergy and the hierarchy, that needs to be addressed honestly and efficaciously.”

How many times have I said this to
FrG in the last 5 years, and how
many times has he pooh-poohed
it. Saying, Oh Bob, you're so wrong,
where do you get this stuff.

So I was 100% right, there in a massive
underground Gay culture in the Church.
How is it possible that I, an atheist
outsider, knew this, and a priest on
the inside did not? So I have to ask
myself, did FrG really know this about
his own Church and was just covering
it up, which is what they do. Or did he
truly not know, which seems a
mathematical impossibility.

Somebody find the rock he said he's
crawled under ask him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 17th, 2018 at 2:19:14 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
"Cardinal Raymond Burke has called for “open recognition” of the Catholic church’s homosexual culture in light of recent revelations of sexual abuse.
“I believe that there needs to be an open recognition that we have a very grave problem of a homosexual culture in the Church,” Burke said in an interview Thursday, “especially among the clergy and the hierarchy, that needs to be addressed honestly and efficaciously.”

How many times have I said this to
FrG in the last 5 years, and how
many times has he pooh-poohed
it. Saying, Oh Bob, you're so wrong,
where do you get this stuff.

So I was 100% right, there in a massive
underground Gay culture in the Church.
How is it possible that I, an atheist
outsider, knew this, and a priest on
the inside did not? So I have to ask
myself, did FrG really know this about
his own Church and was just covering
it up, which is what they do. Or did he
truly not know, which seems a
mathematical impossibility.

Somebody find the rock he said he's
crawled under ask him.

I still can't believe it even though the facts are hitting me right in the face. I apologize to you Evenbob. I can honestly say that I am and have been completely unaware and ignorant of the rot in the Church. I just can't see it, but perhaps there is some type of homosexual lobby or clique, but I am completely unaware. Perhaps that is why I am a happy little priest doing my own thing without any big responsibilities. I never saw it in seminary and I have never seen it in the priesthood. I feel like an atheist - just because I didn't see something I didn't believe it was possible even when people showed me evidence of the reality. I feel stupid and embarrassed and I admit that it looks like Evenbob was certainly more correct than me in regards to the homosexual culture in the Church.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 17th, 2018 at 2:59:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
I still can't believe it even though the facts are hitting me right in the face. I apologize to you Evenbob. I can honestly say that I am and have been completely unaware and ignorant of the rot in the Church. I just can't see it, but perhaps there is some type of homosexual lobby or clique, but I am completely unaware.

I knew two Gay men in Calif, who were
older. They joined the AF when they
got out of college as officers, to avoid
the draft.

They said there was a huge Gay underground
in the military. It was very hush hush, you
would be kicked out if caught. None the less,
they said they never got more Gay action
than the military.

They would approach young men who just
got out of boot camp and, using their rank,
get some of them to perform Gay acts. Then
they would pass the kids name around the
Gay infrastructure so other officers could
get the kid too, now that he had committed
a court martial offense.

It sounds like what's happening in the Church.
They get kids and 'groom' them for others
in their Gay underground. You aren't Gay, so
why would you be privy to it. The Gay men
who are officers in the military, and Gay priests,
would be above average in intelligence and
could hide their activities well. What's amazing
in the Church, and probably the military, is it
goes right to the top levels.

It's insidious and very hard to get rid of. Impossible,
with rules they have for an all male clergy. They
will retreat, and become active again when the
hysteria dies down. It's the same old story, using
your position of power to take advantage of those
weaker than you.
August 17th, 2018 at 5:35:28 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That investigation was just Pennsylvania.

A lot of it was able to be corroborated because of bishop's records.

It makes me wonder about other states, if people in those states will start to come forward, and if the bishop's in those states kept similar records.

Did the records stop at the bishops of Pennsylvania, or did they pass the reports higher up?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 17th, 2018 at 6:15:04 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: FrGamble
I still can't believe it even though the facts are hitting me right in the face. I apologize to you Evenbob. I can honestly say that I am and have been completely unaware and ignorant of the rot in the Church. I just can't see it, but perhaps there is some type of homosexual lobby or clique, but I am completely unaware. Perhaps that is why I am a happy little priest doing my own thing without any big responsibilities. I never saw it in seminary and I have never seen it in the priesthood. I feel like an atheist - just because I didn't see something I didn't believe it was possible even when people showed me evidence of the reality. I feel stupid and embarrassed and I admit that it looks like Evenbob was certainly more correct than me in regards to the homosexual culture in the Church.

Padre that post which I am sure must have shaken you to the core of your beliefs actually makes me hopeful for the future of your church. May you someday be Pope.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 17th, 2018 at 8:00:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
Did the records stop at the bishops of Pennsylvania, or did they pass the reports higher up?

Always went higher up, the Church is
very anal about record keeping. It's
always meant to be kept internal,
so why hide anything. They were
very meticulous in keeping accurate
records of the Inquisition tortures.
Scream by scream, they wrote it
all down.
August 19th, 2018 at 10:55:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
This is a bishop no less:

“It is time to admit that there is a homosexual subculture within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church that is wreaking great devastation in the vineyard of the Lord,” writes Madison Bishop Robert C. Morlino on Saturday in a sharply worded letter to the faithful. “We are talking about deviant sexual — almost exclusively homosexual — acts by clerics,” he states, referring to a recent report from a Pennsylvania grand jury as well as scandals involving a Honduran seminary, Chilean clergy and bishops, and a prominent U.S. cardinal. “We’re also talking about homosexual propositions and abuses against seminarians and young priests by powerful priests, bishops, and cardinals,” Bishop Morlino writes. The homosexual subculture afflicting the hierarchy of the Catholic Church is wreaking great devastation among the faithful, he notes.
August 19th, 2018 at 11:22:49 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
This is a bishop no less:

“It is time to admit that there is a homosexual subculture within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church that is wreaking great devastation in the vineyard of the Lord,” writes Madison Bishop Robert C. Morlino on Saturday in a sharply worded letter to the faithful. “We are talking about deviant sexual — almost exclusively homosexual — acts by clerics,” he states, referring to a recent report from a Pennsylvania grand jury as well as scandals involving a Honduran seminary, Chilean clergy and bishops, and a prominent U.S. cardinal. “We’re also talking about homosexual propositions and abuses against seminarians and young priests by powerful priests, bishops, and cardinals,” Bishop Morlino writes. The homosexual subculture afflicting the hierarchy of the Catholic Church is wreaking great devastation among the faithful, he notes.
I wonder if anyone is running the numbers to see if attendance is down because of all this exposure, or are parishioners just blithely showing up for mass, like it didn't happen to them so, it won't?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 19th, 2018 at 2:20:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
I wonder if anyone is running the numbers to see if attendance is down because of all this exposure, or are parishioners just blithely showing up for mass, like it didn't happen to them so, it won't?

Sure they show up. Where is that hole
in the ground, the ostrich says..
Brainwashed for life, they have
no choice.