Malaysian Jet

April 23rd, 2014 at 8:01:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tomspur

Again, imo they will never find this plane unless "someone" wants us to find it.

If they can't find evidence in the area they're
looking, they're obviously in the wrong area.

Keep using Occam's Razor till it's exhausted.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 23rd, 2014 at 8:38:52 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
If they can't find evidence in the area they're looking, they're obviously in the wrong area.
Same problem with the search for the Nina in the Tasman Sea. The initial search was in the wrong area, but that doesn't mean its afloat in the right area.

Debris or the 'scatter pattern' varies. Angle of impact, altitude of failure of structural integrity, winds, currents, storms, ...and TIME.

Some yachts sink without leaving a trace despite all the life preservers and cushions and blankets aboard. Debris drifts. There is already junk in the ocean.

So far it seems all the "wreckage" found has been later classified as "ocean garbage".

The only problem is with the pings... and one of those ships was following an onboard "pinger". Remember the old "battle" in the Gulf of Tonkin? Some newly trained sonar man kept reading his own ship's wake as an incoming torpedo and North Vietnam had those two patrol boats firing more torpedoes than they could have carried and remained afloat.

I trust however that SOME device was making those pings and that it was not malicious.

I really think Windy Tan in Helsinki should speak on this issue. She is a 22 year old girl who is a self taught signals expert and I trust her more than I trust anyone from CNN. There are too many microphones in the ocean for this to have escaped notice. I think some people do not want to disclose their capabilities to the enemy, so they are keeping silent on the signals.
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:12:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tomspur

This is not only incredibly tragic but very perplexing.....

I have officially declared it the greatest missing plane mystery ever. (My opinion being worth 2 cents)

1. It's missing in our advanced technological times. (obviously there are still shortcomings; the eye in the sky is still not omniscient)
2. It's big. No tiny plane, no obscure mission
3. Next to nothing about motives for whatever investigating they've done. No smoking gun. No suicide, ransom note, or diary, Online or offline clues. No one claiming credit.
4. still no trace or evidence of one thing or another. Maybe this will be the first to change.

It's a pretty big mystery.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:21:32 PM permalink
Tomspur
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
I have officially declared it the greatest missing plane mystery ever. (My opinion being worth 2 cents)

1. It's missing in our advanced technological times. (obviously there are still shortcomings; the eye in the sky is still not omniscient)
2. It's big. No tiny plane, no obscure mission
3. Next to nothing about motives for whatever investigating they've done. No smoking gun. No suicide, ransom note, or diary, Online or offline clues. No one claiming credit.
4. still no trace or evidence of one thing or another. Maybe this will be the first to change.

I don't know a whole hell of a lot about aviation especially about electronics and the like but surely in today's time we should be able to have the black box and flight data recorder have their data streamed, let's say once an hour or when there is some sort of a failure onboard the plane?

I know bandwidth is expensive but we are talking about a multi trillion dollar industry here?
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:23:18 PM permalink
rxwine
One other thing -- whether anyone on board had the knowledge of, and the foresight to try to leave some answers to what was going on in the plane before it went down. Did they all go down without having a clue? Or almost all of them?

Literally, a message in a bottle/thermos, plastic container. Of course, that might never be found or found a hundred years from now.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 23rd, 2014 at 11:45:19 PM permalink
Evenbob

I have not. Amelia Earhart is far more intriguing.
I've read a lot about her, she was amazing. To
completely disappear like that, and never be
found, is a mystery you can sink your teeth into.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 24th, 2014 at 12:14:01 AM permalink
rxwine
I've read a lot about her, she was amazing. To

Hah, well, seems like solo flights going missing would be more the default outcome, as well as less surprising than a jumbo jet doing so. That's what I'm basing it on.
April 24th, 2014 at 12:16:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Hah, well, seems like solo flights going missing would be more the default outcome, as well as less surprising than a jumbo jet doing so. That's what I'm basing it on.

It's the personal story aspect. 250 people going
down isn't very personal or intriguing. Its just
sad.
April 24th, 2014 at 4:27:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Nobody in Japan cared about Amelia Earhart. The plane she was flying in another matter entirely. The latest everything dangled before them. All that innovation was soon incorporated into Japanese planes.

Fred Noonan drunk and depressed? Not proven, but so what? Fred Noonan sober was the best navigator in the world. Fred Noonan drunk and depressed was the second best navigator in the world.

Her husband in Naval Intelligence? Of course he was. Just about all of New England college boys joined Fleet Intelligence for five years rather than do six years in other assignments before they got jobs in Wall Street.

Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan had to disappear because their plane had to disappear.
April 24th, 2014 at 7:05:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

My guess is that it is all explained by the fact the plane was full of Infidels. If you find that offensive or just plain wrong, you agree with my wife [g]. Just a guess.

Amelia Earhart is far more intriguing.
... To

Intriguing mystery, yes. Amazing to crash and never be found, no.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]