nuts, it's a very insulatory business.
You're forced to deal mostly with
people in the business and you lose
touch with what 'real' means. That's
why people like Paul Newman never
lived in Hollywood and didn't hang
out with other actors. He drank beer
and raced cars.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 15th, 2015 at 2:02:48 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

When they started this documentary, Joan Rivers had drifted out of the limelight a little. He fear and insecurity was rising up. Then on 10 May 2009 she won the Celebrity Apprentice and was back on top. A few weeks later they roasted her on Comedy Central.

The one review in the trailer, "painfully funny" is the best way to describe the documentary. Sometimes you just can't stand looking at it because it is so raw. I highly recommend it as a documentary.
March 16th, 2015 at 3:29:19 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Who is your favorite gambler in a movie role ? John Carradine Sr. in Stagecoach for me.

And something never change : NEVER Same movie...

Henry Gatewood: [clutching valise with embezzled funds] I can't get over the impertinence of that young lieutenant. I'll make it warm for that shake-tail! I'll report him to Washington - we pay taxes to the government and what do we get? Not even protection from the army! I don't know what the government is coming to. Instead of protecting businessmen, it pokes its nose into business! Why, they're even talking now about having *bank* examiners. As if we bankers don't know how to run our own banks! Why, at home I have a letter from a popinjay official saying they were going to inspect my books. I have a slogan that should be blazoned on every newspaper in this country: America for the Americans! The government must not interfere with business! Reduce taxes! Our national debt is something shocking. Over one billion dollars a year! What this country needs is a businessman for president!
March 16th, 2015 at 5:08:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: terapined
Off to Vegas tomorrow so got 4 movies loaded on my tablet for the flight out and back.
Fury - I loved WWll movies as a kid, Dirty dozen, Longest Day, Patton
Zeroe Thoreom - Terry gilliam has always been one of my favorite directors, loved Brazil and 12 monkeys
The Equalizer - Denzel kicking butt, loved Training day, Man on fire, Book of Eli
Lucy - Looks entertaining, a female kicking butt instead

Never made it to Vegas, canceled, hate flying if not feeling 100%.
Anyway watched the movies.

Fury - absolutely loved it. It has some good WWII action battle scenes which why I watched it.
The end was a little too much, 300 SS troops against a broken down tank and the tank kicks ass, please

Zero Theorem - Just plain weird. Kind of Brazil part 2. It had some interesting moments but overall pretty bizarre and out there.
By the way Matt Damon is in it and didn't really recognize till 1/2 way through. Kind of weird how he pops up in films unexpected. Was surprised when he popped up in Interstellar.

The Equalizer - I liked it. Escapist revenge violence. Nothing deep, just want to see how creative the violence is. Denzel takes out a lot of people without a gun. The fun is seeing the variety of ways he accomplishes it.

Lucy - I enjoyed it till the end.
25 bad guys attack a University while her powers increase to 100 %. yea right. Just to over the top. She can disarm them with her mind and they still decide to attack lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 16th, 2015 at 6:32:18 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: buzzardknot
Who is your favorite gambler in a movie role ? John Carradine Sr. in Stagecoach for me.!

Teddy KGB Rounders
I hear they are thinking about Rounders 2
Heres a great script idea, Teddy KGB before Rounders, the story of how he get to where he was in Rounders.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 16th, 2015 at 8:48:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I read the other day that 60% of all the
internet bandwidth in the world is used
by 2 companies, Netflix and Youtube.
Is that possible?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 17th, 2015 at 6:00:21 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined
Lucy - Looks entertaining, a female kicking butt instead

Lucy was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 17th, 2015 at 7:46:27 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: Evenbob
I read the other day that 60% of all the
internet bandwidth in the world is used
by 2 companies, Netflix and Youtube.
Is that possible?

Absolutely. Remember when you would walk into a room and somebody would go " SHHHHH . I am talking long distance " Or calling the wife and asking for yourself on person to person call to let her know you made it to your out of town destination. That was an analog world. We are in a digital world now. That's why the person in India has your job, if you were in a call center in USA. Or somebody in Australia is reading your xray.
March 17th, 2015 at 9:12:29 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
Lucy was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I haven't seen it.

But I'd like to a scene in one of these "10% of the brain" movies somewhat like this:

Someone gets shot on the head. The paramedic at the scene or someone rendering aid, or a doctor at the ER, says "Fortunately the bullet hit a part of the brain you don't use. We'll just remove it and you'll be ok."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 17th, 2015 at 10:03:25 AM permalink
terapined
http://www.amazon.com/Wired-Douglas-E-Richards/dp/0982618492/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426611593&sr=8-1&keywords=wired
am actually reading a pretty good book similar to the Lucy movie
Wired
Its quite good, fun read
Havent finished it yet and allready bought part 2, Amped :-)