Yup...

Page 1 of 3123>
February 21st, 2014 at 8:03:51 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Greetings!

They have this parking area at my son's school that never fails to piss me off every Monday-Friday morning on all non-holidays during the times of the year that school is in session. In any event, there is a parking area of about twenty parking spots, and then there is the "Drop-Off," area at which four cars could be lined up if people ignore the yellow curb and two cars if people abide by the yellow curb...which they should not.

An infinitesimal (yet increasingly sizable) part of me dies every single morning because there are inevitably a few cars using the drop-off area, and then there will be a line of ten or more cars waiting because the fat, miserable, slovenly, insolent, indolent and disgusting wastes of oxygen want to sit and wait for the Drop-Off area to clear rather than take a F***ing parking spot and walk their fat, miserable, slovenly, insolent, indolent and disgusting wastes of oxygen in-training over to the sidewalk.

I don't understand it.

This is also a compound problem, because not only do you have the fact that 80% (EXACTLY 320/400 of the 400 cars I've counted) insist on using the drop-off area, but half of the people who use the parking spaces are retards because they think people pulling away from the drop-off area have the right of way, and, therefore, yield to them.

First of all, they are in the thoroughfare of the parking area, thus, people trying to pull into the thoroughfare automatically DO NOT have the right of way. Secondly, half of these retards attempt to yield to cars that do not even have their turn signal blinking, thus, have not even expressed an immediate intent to enter the thoroughfare.

Fear not, for it does get worse.

There are people who are using the Drop-Off area who have absolutely no business doing same. For example, anyone who must physically remove their child from said child's seating apparatus, or must open the car door for a child due to the child lock being engaged, should not be using the Drop-Off area. The Drop-Off area exists for that purpose, dropping-off, not disengaging, not opening the door, not looking through a backpack to make sure your kid remembered his/her homework, not for applying eyeliner, not for reading the newspaper, not for finishing your McDonald's breakfast, not for checking your oil...it exists for one purpose and one purpose only which is to drop-off your Goddamn child at school.

If your child is not ready to be dropped off, or cannot independently extract himself/herself from the car, go find a parking spot...there will be about sixteen available at any given time since you retards are so content to wait in line.

Which brings me to another point: I understand that the unemployment rate for people that are indigenous to this area is probably in the low-80's, pursuant to the fact that most of these retards have attained only a fifth-grade equivalent education and are (by majority) physically worthless, so they really have little better to do than wait in a seemingly endless queue of cars, however, why are people not making use of these parking spots? Efficiency would be almost quintupled if just the readily accessible spots would get regular use. Again, back to the indolence, these people don't want to walk their children to the sidewalk.

Anyway, I thought today was going well because I didn't have a line at the school this morning. I actually grinned as I saw that there were three cars in the drop-off area, one vehicle in front of me, and otherwise no obstructions. There was a blue truck in front of me, however, though I did not believe this blue truck would be a problem.

WRONG

The parking lot was actually much more full than usual today, so I decided just to park on the very end rather than have to pull in between two cars. Apparently, the truck had the same idea and, I believed, was going to use the last spot as a pull-through...and then it stopped halfway between the two spots!!!

At this point, I am in the position where I am within about a foot of the back of this truck, because I assumed I was going to be able to park and had to jump on my brakes, but the back half of my vehicle is obstructing the thoroughfare. The car I am blocking from continuing its way on the thoroughfare lays in on its horn, so I lay in on my horn to tell the idiot in front of me she might want to go ahead and finish parking.

The driver of the truck rolls down her window and sticks her head out, yelling something, as if I am supposed to be able to hear her. I rolled down my window, "WHAT!?"

"I said I can't go any further," replied the driver of the truck.

"What are you talking about? You have at least six feet left before your front bumper is even lined up with the top of the parking spot!?"

"I already turned off the engine!"

"Oh, well that changes everything, by all means, please continue to be parked in the middle of two spots, then."

Apparently, blue truck didn't get my sarcasm, because she proceeded to get out of the truck, get her child out of the truck and walk towards the school.

I got out of the car and approached the car I was blocking from the thoroughfare, at this point, there was a line of a few cars, "Okay, here's the deal, you have a car behind you, but I need you to back up about three feet so I can back up enough to cut around this truck. I'll tell you when to stop."

That vehicle was cooperative, at least.

I finally backed up slightly, swung around the truck, entered the thoroughfare and pulled into a spot on the other side, near the truck. "Stay in the car," I commanded my son.

I waited for the driver of the truck to come back, "What the Hell do you call that?"

The driver replied, "Don't you get smart with me!"

I responded, "I am getting smart with you, because you had no reason to park half your truck in two different parking spots."

Suddenly, a guy gets out of the truck, "Hey, @$$hole, you got a problem?"

"Of course I have a problem," I answered, "Look at the way your wife parked this truck!"

"She's my girlfriend, not my wife, @$$hole."

"Good," I replied, "Now you know you probably shouldn't marry her, at least, I wouldn't marry anyone who drives like this. She'd be a huge liability on my auto insurance plan."

"Yeah," he said, "Maybe you should go **** yourself."

"Okay, buddy, I didn't exactly plan to have a battle of wits this early in the morning, especially not when the two of you clearly have me bested in that regard, I'm going to walk my son into school, now."

I walked him into school and came back with the truck still sitting there, I pulled out of the lot and they began to follow me!

This went on for about two minutes until I decided to pull into the parking lot of an abandoned building that used to be a small nursing home, sure enough, they pulled in right behind me.

I got out of the car, as did the guy, I inquired, "Is there a reason you're following me?"

The guy said, "Yeah, you owe my girlfriend an apology!"

"She drives like an idiot, and I should apologize?"

"Yeah, you insulted her back there!"

I cocked my head to the side, "You could tell?"

The semi-objectionable conclusion to the incident appears below:

"**** you!!!!"

"Okay, well look, I'm not apologizing and I'm not playing the **** you game, so there are two things that can happen here: Number one is that you can get back into your truck, stop following me and leave me the Hell alone if we ever run into each other again, option number two is we can walk back behind this building, I can beat you to ****ing death with my bare hands, puree your f***ing remains and feed them to my cat. Your choice."

"You're a crazy mother to say that," he replied.

"I really hate mornings."

He got in his truck and left.

I hate that stupid parking lot.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 21st, 2014 at 10:24:25 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Damn it. And I here I thought I had the bestest, most passionate rants in the forum.

God, I do love a good rant. I feel all tingly inside XD

I can't even be bothered by this stuff anymore, though. At my son's school, it is hammered on constantly that NO ONE is to enter the bus circle for drop off. There's a parking lot; every single parent is to use it. No Exceptions.

Of course, there will always be the " fat, miserable, slovenly, insolent, indolent and disgusting wastes of oxygen in-training" who feel they are above the law and honor and use it anyways. They use it once... and then again. Then someone else sees it and monkey see, monkey do. I don't even get mad.

Suit in a thunderstorm, crutches in the snow, carrying my kid plus his bag plus his many pound project or bag and bottles of treats and drink, I don't care. I walk my proud ass from way deep in the parking lot, head held high.

I see these same people at the elevators. There will be a huge event, and an elevator will go down, and there will be 50 freaking people waiting for one life. And it'll be cramped, and it'll stink, and people will bitch incessantly, and tempers will flare, and within minutes, all 50 people will have ruined their own day.

And I just squeeze through and take the stairs which are right freaking there and never break down. And these same people will lament their ever increasing waistline, and curse my name as to how I can "eat what I do and look the way I look". I just tell them "majik".
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 22nd, 2014 at 4:13:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Wow, that was an impressive 'going-ape-shit' for sure. Such confrontations for me are few and far between; you have to remember what such bozos are capable of. A fair fight with fists? You better not find yourself living the cliche of bringing a knife to a gun fight. For example, anymore I never flip the bird, getting something started, I am "Mr. Defuse It While Driving"

BUT

The driving situation that sends me to the moon these days is to encounter the guy in the parking lot who sees you cautiously backing up out of your spot into the lot proper, checking all three mirrors, craning your neck, couldn't be going slower, establishing for anyone with a scintilla of intelligence that 'no, I can't really see that well if anyone is coming' ... and then ... that impatient oncoming driver irately honks the horn. It takes my the entire fiber of my being not to "do a Pierce". [have I just coined an expression?<g>]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 22nd, 2014 at 8:04:29 AM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
You mad, bro? :-)
February 22nd, 2014 at 8:40:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Face,

I usually ignore it, but this was something that could not be ignored. I almost rear-ended the truck because no reasonable human being would ever expect them to stop there!

OdiousGambit,

In fairness, they followed me, and I had actually U-Turned at one point to make sure that was what was actually happening. I figured my choices were driving like an idiot to try to lose him, pulling over somewhere and addressing the retard or having the retard follow me to my house and having to address him there.

I suppose the best thing would be to try to lose him by taking this back way to my house involving this huge and windy hill on gravel because there is no way he could pace me, but I'd sooner get stabbed than give him the satisfaction of running.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 22nd, 2014 at 10:22:44 AM permalink
Face
Quote: Mission146

I suppose the best thing would be to try to lose him by taking this back way to my house involving this huge and windy hill on gravel because there is no way he could pace me,...

In a Cavalier. Not sure whether to laugh or cry XD =,(

;)

Quote: odiousgambit
Wow, that was an impressive 'going-ape-shit' for sure. Such confrontations for me are few and far between; you have to remember what such bozos are capable of. A fair fight with fists? You better not find yourself living the cliche of bringing a knife to a gun fight. For example, anymore I never flip the bird, getting something started, I am "Mr. Defuse It While Driving"

I wish I could do what Mission did. I've never had that ability.

With me, it's either on or off. Most of my personality is wired that way. I've never learned the "art of jawing", as I find it jawing to be an aggressive act, and if I'm in aggressive mode, then I'm all the way on. I don't have that ability to scale up from posture to words to shouts to fight. It's straight from smiling to fighting. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

And since I now carry all the time, aggression is right out the window. I can't even remember the last time I've honked my horn or shot someone a look. Can't afford it.
February 22nd, 2014 at 2:57:21 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Face
In a Cavalier. Not sure whether to laugh or cry XD =,(

No, no, my son doesn't go in the Cavalier because my wife is allowed to smoke in it. This would have been the PT Cruiser.
February 22nd, 2014 at 3:11:01 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Mission146
No, no, my son doesn't go in the Cavalier because my wife is allowed to smoke in it. This would have been the PT Cruiser.

Oh! Well that changes everything!!

You are one interesting cat, Mission. First a Cavalier, now a P.T. Loser. My soul aches XD

One of these days there's gonna be a WoVEast, and it's gonna be in summer, and I'm gonna be able to attend. And I'm gonna show up in an E body Cuda and me and you are gonna go for a ride.

If that doesn't cure you, then all hope is lost XD

;)
February 22nd, 2014 at 3:30:45 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Mission,

Here's what you do. Buy an orange traffic vest at the sporting goods shop. Wear black pants and shirt under it.

For one entire week. get there 20 minutes early. Stand out there at the drop zone with a scowl and a sign; "30 seconds or park it! NO DELAYS!"

Move people along, knocking on windows as necessary, guiding people onto the yellow curb as necessary, wave out stuck parked cars near you.

I bet by the end of the week, two things happen:

1. People start shaping up and traffic moves faster.
2. The other parents vote you Father of the Year.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 22nd, 2014 at 5:51:36 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Face
Oh! Well that changes everything!!

You are one interesting cat, Mission. First a Cavalier, now a P.T. Loser. My soul aches XD

What do you mean? PT Cruisers are super ultra-cool looking! It has absolutely no power, doesn't handle terribly well and the gas mileage sucks, but it looks great! Actually, the gas mileage isn't as bad as EPA estimates, I get about 25 mpg, combined.

I just wish I had bought it new, then I could have justified the extra expense of whitewalls. It's silver, so it would look awesome with whitewalls.

Quote:
One of these days there's gonna be a WoVEast, and it's gonna be in summer, and I'm gonna be able to attend. And I'm gonna show up in an E body Cuda and me and you are gonna go for a ride.

We're going to play a game that I like to call "No," at this time, would you like an explanation of the rules?

I do want to meet you in person one day, though, don't get me wrong.
Page 1 of 3123>