Go Canada....

Page 3 of 4<1234>
February 23rd, 2014 at 11:02:50 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Woman's skeleton is the most important winter sport in the UK (or at least it should be)... or at least that's the one I can get some national pride going in.

4 medals in the sport for the last 4 games, from 4 different atheletes, that's just under 20% of Great Britain's -total- medal count at the Olympics, and 20% of their gold medals.

Figure Skating is the only sport to rank higher (15 out of the 33 medals), and hasn't got a medal since 1992 in the sport.

I think there should be a Spring and Autumn Games.... Spring games is for all the sports which require a judges marking (Gymanastics, Ice dance, Sychronised Swimming). Autumn for all the team sports (Football, Softball, Rugby 7's, 20/20 Cricket, Ice Hockey).
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 24th, 2014 at 2:27:17 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: TheCesspit
Woman's skeleton is the most important winter sport in the UK (or at least it should be)... or at least that's the one I can get some national pride going in.

4 medals in the sport for the last 4 games, from 4 different atheletes, that's just under 20% of Great Britain's -total- medal count at the Olympics, and 20% of their gold medals.

Figure Skating is the only sport to rank higher (15 out of the 33 medals), and hasn't got a medal since 1992 in the sport.

I think there should be a Spring and Autumn Games.... Spring games is for all the sports which require a judges marking (Gymanastics, Ice dance, Sychronised Swimming). Autumn for all the team sports (Football, Softball, Rugby 7's, 20/20 Cricket, Ice Hockey).

That's really a pretty good idea, Cess! though I bet the Summer Games would not give up Gymnastics, as that's considered the Franchise sport in those games.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 24th, 2014 at 6:11:02 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

I'm not one to get starstruck, like, ever, but I've had the maddest crush on Amy Williams for years.

I was smitten the first time I saw her. Still waiting for it to wear off. ><

If only I could meet her. I think I'd have a shot ;)

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 24th, 2014 at 7:46:13 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
She has a twin sister, yah know...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 24th, 2014 at 8:02:49 AM permalink
Face
She has a twin sister, yah know...

Not interested. It's not about the looks. Well... not entirely ;)

Hot girls are a dime a dozen. Genetic fortune isn't much to get excited about. Personality, dedication, personal triumph, that's the meat of the meal. And the fact that her personal triumph just so happens to be being the best in the world at one of the fastest, most dangerous, and adrenaline inducing things on the planet... yeah, that helps, too ;)

I'm just saying, if she needs a luge partner...

Phew... I've just gone all dizzy. So that's what swooning feels like... O.o
February 24th, 2014 at 8:15:36 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5

(photo credit Andy Hooper]

Swoon away...
February 24th, 2014 at 8:18:05 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Kaitlyn Farrington was one of the most interesting stories for USA. She beat three former gold medalists to win her gold in Snowboarding Halfpipe, and she wasn't even part of the discussion prior to the race.
USA Kaitlyn FARRINGTON 91.75
AUS Torah BRIGHT 91.50 (Gold 2010 Vancouver, BC, CAN)
USA Kelly CLARK 90.75 (Gold 2002 Salt Lake City, UT, USA)
USA Hannah TETER 90.50 (Gold 2006 Torino, ITA)
February 24th, 2014 at 8:28:24 AM permalink
Face
Quote: boymimbo

Swoon away...

Mmmmmmm....

I've run the skeleton on the same track of her first major competition, where she won silver. That's, like, one degree of separation. One more degree to go...

OK, enough about my twitterpation. Back to... whatever it was...
February 24th, 2014 at 8:50:28 AM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
Quote: Face
Mmmmmmm....

I've run the skeleton on the same track of her first major competition, where she won silver. That's, like, one degree of separation. One more degree to go...

OK, enough about my twitterpation. Back to... whatever it was...
She raced on Top Gear!

February 24th, 2014 at 8:58:29 AM permalink
Face
Quote: theodores
She raced on Top Gear!

Twice, actually. She was "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car", I believe the day they brought the Cee'd in as the RPC.

That was genesis of my crush. God... Amy Williams...

Mmmmmm
Page 3 of 4<1234>