More workout difficulties

Page 3 of 13<123456>Last »
March 7th, 2014 at 5:28:17 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Nareed
Ok, this is getting completely ridiculous.

What comes after ridiculous? Ludicrous? Absurd? Something else?

I had a late bedtime and a really bad night which ended with me waking up at 3:00 am and catching insomnia at once. Naturally I told myself, "Self, I don't think we should work out today." That's sensible enough, right? But I was betrayed by coffee. not even good coffee, but common, vile instant. To be sure I cut the workout short by 5 minutes. FIVE whole minutes vs 3:30-4:00 hours of lost sleep! Not a trade-off that seems even remotely fair.

Was this really me just a short month ago: http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/540/0/#post8561

What happened to that sensible woman, and how do I get her back?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 9th, 2014 at 10:38:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Saturday was a shame.

I went to bed around 11 pm (long work day) and woke up at 4:50. Damned internal clock... I had electrolysis scheduled at ten, so working out was out of the question (for some reason a workout before a session either makes me mroe sensitive to pain or lessens the effect of the anesthetic). So I decided simply to take the day off excercise-wise.

Electrolysis went well enough, with only muffled screams to reveal what was going on (kudos again to the brave electorlogist who plows on in the face of such evident pain and anguish), and then upon returning home I took a rather long nap. Afterwards I finalized my cooking plan for the week, surfed the web, had some coffee and deicded to work put after all. 20 minutes in the treadmill, 12 on the eliptical (it's a long story).

I'm not addicted. I can stop working out any time I want. I don't have a problem.
March 9th, 2014 at 12:32:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm not addicted. I can stop working out any time I want. I don't have a problem.

You've found the "secret problem of everything"TM.

How do we manipulate addiction/compulsive behavior for certain things and not others?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 9th, 2014 at 7:16:50 PM permalink
Nareed
I managed not to work out today (so far). I am so relieved.
March 10th, 2014 at 11:44:01 AM permalink
Nareed
I managed not to work out today (so far). I am so relieved.

And I managed not to work out on Monday, either.

Not by design. See, I change the alarm for weekends, then change it back for weekdays. This time in the switch I set it for PM <sigh>, and my brain is never in any hurry to wake up on weekdays (naturally). By the time I woke up, it was too alte to work out and make it to the office on time.

Now I feel guilty....

I've also had to postpone Mike Duncan's 4th episode on the American Revolution for tomorrow. He's the best to listen to during a workout.
March 11th, 2014 at 8:53:58 AM permalink
Nareed
I resumed things today, and Mike Duncan's podcasts, too.

I thought I would be able to take less speed or incline on the treadmill, and less resistance in the elyptical. I was wrong. I wound up at a huigher incline and speed, and a higher level of resitance, too. I'm not sure that's a good thing. it doesn't feel like it.

I noticed two other things: 1) I fell less hungry overall on days when I work out. 2) The weather feels less cold, or more warm, when I work out; at least I didn't feel the need to trun on the car's heater on mornings when I work out.

What gives? I should suppose that 1) expending calories would make me more hungry and 2) raising my body temperature would make me mroe susceptible to cold. What am I missing.
March 13th, 2014 at 2:00:26 PM permalink
Nareed
I had to skip today. I as assigned to deliver samples in Queretaro, about 2.5 hours away. I wanted to eb there at 9 am, the earliest they'd receive me, so that meant leaving at 6:00. Now of course I regret taking Sunday off and missing Monday. I think I'll go back to working out every day (did I just say that?) because I don't know when this lousy job will make me miss a day.
March 20th, 2014 at 5:31:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Somehow I haven't missed any days this week. Monday was easy (and that's the nicest thing I'll ever say about Monday), and a holiday so Tuesday presented no problem either.

But Tuesday we left work at 9 pm to heavy traffic, and I got home near ten pm. Wednesday we left at 10 pm. I still maanged to wake up in time <shakes head>. I very much want to take Friday off, but for some unfathomable reason I also want to make the whole week.

We'll see. I expected we'd leave tonight at well past midnight, but that won't be the case. We may even leave early, say around 8 pm (early? EARLY????)
March 24th, 2014 at 8:13:42 AM permalink
Nareed
As predicted I missed Firday. And Saturday, becasue we had to work and I had to deliver some sensitive documents early in the morning, too. Then I missed Sunday because I was so beat up from the long six day week to even get out of bed; it was all I could do to drag myself to the supermarket to get some ingredients to cook.

What bothers me more, though, was having to cancel the elctrolysis appointment for Saturday.

The good news is Monday (today, and I still hate Mondays) I got back into it and experienced no major difficulties hitting the last setting I sued (6.5 incline, whatever that means, and 5.5 to 6 kph speed on the tread mill, level 11-15 in the elyptical). I hesitate to conclude: "that means I'm in shape" and will therefore merely state "I think this means I'm getting into shape."
March 24th, 2014 at 1:21:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Funny story. A few weeks ago the main elevator in the building broke down. Now, when taking that one, you can only access apartments through the "front" door. In order to get to the "back" door, you need to take the service elevator, or the stairs. There are no stairs to get to the "front" door. So for a while I was going ´down to the parking garage and the gym, then up to the apartment, using the stairs. It's faster than the elevator, and it's only one story to the gym and two to parking.

I mentioned this to somene, in the context of my (near)-daily workout, and she said, in all seriousness "Oh, that's good exercise!"

Really! 31+ minutes in a treadmill and elyptical are what, then? overkill? training? But 20 seconds going up the stairs is "good exercise"? <facepalm>
Page 3 of 13<123456>Last »