Random Thought of the Day

February 23rd, 2016 at 7:51:07 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I just completed my semi annual visit to Snorgtees....tee shirts for witty people.

I didn't understand most of the tee shirt slogans:

Accio coffee is apparently from that book series about some kid in England being a magician.

Luke's Diner is apparently from a tv show Gilmore Girls a walk and talk show supposedly so filled with female roles they felt they had to hire a male.

I guess I just ain't "hip".
February 24th, 2016 at 3:12:10 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
I guess I just ain't "hip".

I object! Fleastiff is the very definition of Hip!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 25th, 2016 at 11:45:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Happiness is:

being able to afford to tell a customer "You're a moron and an SOB! Have you never seen an orange before in your life?"
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 28th, 2016 at 8:21:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
What's up with the east coast of Italy? If you don't count Venice, which is way up north to the point where to claim that it's not the east coast 'proper' is not a crazy thing to say, the rest of it is on the Adriatic and, you would think, be pretty nice. But I'd venture to say the average American couldn't name a single place. I include myself in that category by this time tomorrow.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 28th, 2016 at 7:18:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know how long this link will be good for. Chris Rock was pretty funny tonight.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 2nd, 2016 at 4:03:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There was a video of 10 thieves using a truck and chain to rip the bars off a gun store. The store had those poles in front of it to prevent ramming through.

The bars own strength assisted is helping rip them from the front of the store. So maybe if you designed segmented bars? No matter where you attach, only small pieces get pulled away. Sure you could keep cutting away at weaker segment points until you got a big enough hole, but no matter what you did would eat up time.

Because the crime was all about speed, that would slow them down.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 2nd, 2016 at 4:36:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
"I survived".

That is the entire email I just received from my 82 year old father after having major back surgery this afternoon. I am glad to see he still has his sense of humor.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 2nd, 2016 at 4:47:47 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
A frangible bar that was wired into the alarm system would help.
March 3rd, 2016 at 8:04:41 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
"I survived".

That is the entire email I just received from my 82 year old father after having major back surgery this afternoon. I am glad to see he still has his sense of humor.
Some aren't incredibly painful. I hope his after effects, are minimal.

I don't know if everyone wonders when they go under, whether or not they are coming back. but I know I do. I am waiting for my appt. time right now.
Your dad is inspirational at 82, to go through it, although I can imagine he didn't have much choice. Hope it makes it much better.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 3rd, 2016 at 10:17:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph

I don't know if everyone wonders when they go under, whether or not they are coming back. but I know I do.

I also consider the possibility every time. I have had over 20 surgery's and now that I am almost 50 everyone is a little scarier than the last. I always say my "I love you's" before they put me under.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.