Random Thought of the Day

January 3rd, 2024 at 8:39:53 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: odiousgambit
Harvard's Gay resigned

Quote:
[in her statement] “It has been distressing to have doubt cast on my commitments to confronting hate and to upholding scholarly rigor—two bedrock values that are fundamental to who I am—and frightening to be subjected to personal attacks and threats fueled by racial animus”

Is it possible that she does not know that her Harvard story is about a type of racism alright, but of the completely opposite nature?

This is a good example.

I'd say give her the benefit of the doubt and try to stay neutral.
January 3rd, 2024 at 5:11:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
Harvard's Gay resigned

Quote:
[in her statement] “It has been distressing to have doubt cast on my commitments to confronting hate and to upholding scholarly rigor—two bedrock values that are fundamental to who I am—and frightening to be subjected to personal attacks and threats fueled by racial animus”

Is it possible that she does not know that her Harvard story is about a type of racism alright, but of the completely opposite nature?

What a racist jerk she is. She absolutely refused in Congress to say that hate speech against the Jews was hate speech, here she is getting on her high horse about racism applied to her. She probably didn't even write that, she's not very smart. Somebody probably wrote it for her or she stole it from somebody. She's also an idiot because didn't she realize how many rich Jews are Harvard alumni and that they would pull the plug on their funding over what she said. Which is exactly what they did and that's why she's no longer there. She was asked explicitly in Congress if she was against hate speech against Jews and she said it depends on the context. Wrong answer dummy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 4th, 2024 at 4:58:33 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
What a racist jerk she is. She absolutely refused in Congress to say that hate speech against the Jews was hate speech...

"It depends on the context"

Even her response was copied. She repeated what the person who testified before her said.

Didn't work for either of them, but Gay keeps her $900K salary.
January 4th, 2024 at 5:25:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
"It depends on the context"

Even her response was copied. She repeated what the person who testified before her said.

Didn't work for either of them, but Gay keeps her $900K salary.

Tanko back from his restful holiday vacation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2024 at 5:50:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Being retired, I sometimes feel I should do more volunteer work, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Much not to like, alas.

I've been reading about Luis Begley, the writer, and he says this about it
Quote:
Over the years, I haven’t been very good at volunteering for worthy causes, or doing charitable work,... it was partly because I’m shy... and not very gregarious. But I felt I had a moral obligation to do it
[Begley is or was president of PEN which works on behalf of imprisoned etc writers in the world]

I have similar feelings about volunteering, plus I am very jealous of my time. And another thing, I've been trying to get in touch with my inner no-good-SOB, and that doesn't fit.

JK! [maybe]

http://www.louisbegley.com/espen.htm
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 6th, 2024 at 12:27:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Here's some good old North Korean propaganda about life in the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCzxjiJ2NM

"As an American, this is 100% accurate. There's nothing I love more than drinking my daily government-issued snow coffee and eating a bird in my tent. Getting humanitarian aid from North Korea and being homosexual with other homeless people really makes life worth living."
January 6th, 2024 at 4:24:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
Here's some good old North Korean propaganda about life in the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCzxjiJ2NM

"As an American, this is 100% accurate. There's nothing I love more than drinking my daily government-issued snow coffee and eating a bird in my tent. Getting humanitarian aid from North Korea and being homosexual with other homeless people really makes life worth living."

Ever since I started binge watching "Naked and Afraid" everything sounds like a new game show.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2024 at 5:14:02 AM permalink
rxwine
A doctor tells a patient that she needs to lose a little bit of weight for her health. His recommendation is that she eats regularly for two days, skips a day and then repeats the procedure for two weeks. He then tells her that she will lose at least five pounds by the time she comes to his office again. The next time he sees her, she’s nearly 20 pounds lighter.

“That’s amazing! Did you follow my instructions?” the doctor asks.

“Yes, she said. But I really thought I was going to die,” she says.

“From hunger?” the doctor asks.

“No, from skipping,”
January 12th, 2024 at 7:01:02 AM permalink
rxwine
If the purpose of sex education in school is actually to educate, and they want to help prevent pregnant girls, they need to make it clear to boys and girls that any fluid that come out of the penis before ejaculation can include sperm. And fluid almost always does come out before ejaculation.
January 12th, 2024 at 4:54:51 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
What is up with these random "Newbies," lately being complete Spammers? 🤨
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.