Random Thought of the Day

March 25th, 2015 at 9:21:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
if you haven't had someone from AAA or wherever give you a jump when your vehicle needs one, wait till you see what they [might] bring ... my alternator was going kaflooey and I didn't know it, so AAA came to give me a jump and the guy took out this little case - I thought he was just testing the battery, but it was his jumper cables! I mean, it was the whole thing, battery and all. Thing was no bigger than a laptop computer.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 25th, 2015 at 9:41:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
We all have heard the idea that gerbils and other similar rodents are bored and that we do them a great disservice keeping them in cages. Often held up as proof is the wheels that we put in and the aimless running to nowhere they pursue on them.

A scientist had the idea to put some wheels out into the woods to see what happened. In very short order the small wild rodents had found them and began to run on them for lengthy times. Not sure what this means but I found it interesting.

I remember reading that.

I also saw a report that crocodiles like to play. See:

http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-crocodiles-love-play-ball-surf-02487.html

"Were it not that I lost me hand, I'd play ball with them, Aye!" Cap'n Hook. (might've said)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 25th, 2015 at 10:26:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I don't know about crocodiles but I do know about alligators and a particular Biker Gang here in Florida.
When the women are lined up to witness punishment they see that alligators like to play too..... I understand that afterwards the girls really perform well and never hold out any prostitution money.
March 29th, 2015 at 11:08:43 PM permalink
rxwine
With an MRI scientists have been able to categorize images in the occipital region of the brain with mathematical equivalency of lines, colors, movements, etc., enabling a computer to effectively render the image being seen. It's still a crude representation, but you can see recognizable blurry images of people and other things.

With enough improvement you could wake up and review your dreams you had during the night. Or you could make a running record of your thoughts in images during the day.

I would be curious to know if my dreams are really disjointed, or just that I just forget bits and pieces and it actually is a continuous stream. Not to mention seeing all the weird crap one has dreams about.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2015 at 2:43:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Just as sleep is not a Top-Down state but a neural vote pooling of several low-level subsystems, dreaming is probably a bottom-up process of contention for various neural energy states.
April 1st, 2015 at 12:35:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Not sure, but DT (Diversity Tomorrow) may be the place where it's always the Wizard's birthday, and Easter is always coming in 8 weeks.

(I'm halfway through with "Interstellar" so I have these time issue at the front of my mind)
April 1st, 2015 at 3:37:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
On April 1st, one shouldn't take very seriously stuff seen on the internet.

Why is this day no different from any other day?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 2nd, 2015 at 12:43:00 AM permalink
rxwine
April 2nd, 2015 at 3:01:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
a position in the mythical wildlife division... those were the jobs I could never get
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 2nd, 2015 at 6:54:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: odiousgambit
a position in the mythical wildlife division... those were the jobs I could never get
Just have your business card printed up and walk in.