Random Thought of the Day

October 26th, 2020 at 11:24:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Yes, I am always cold. I can't even sit in my house without a blanket on if the wife has the temperature set at 76.

That isn't normal. You probably have
hypothyroidism. Being cold all the
time is the major symptom.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 26th, 2020 at 11:39:39 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
That isn't normal. You probably have
hypothyroidism. Being cold all the
time is the major symptom.

It wouldn't surprise me. I have everything wrong with me. I am scared I might end up like Fleastiff.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 26th, 2020 at 12:33:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Apparently making a car too quiet can cause nausea. Rolls Royce had to reengineer the “Ghost”. They want it quiet enough that people can whisper a conversation at 80mph.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2020 at 1:29:13 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That surprises me. Most of the time, motion sickness is caused by a disagreement between what your senses are telling you. Most often, those senses are from your inner ear (balance) and from your eyes.

If people are nauseous due to a lack of sound, I would think that sound = motion is a conditioned response, and could be un-learned.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 26th, 2020 at 2:31:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Dalex64
That surprises me. Most of the time, motion sickness is caused by a disagreement between what your senses are telling you. Most often, those senses are from your inner ear (balance) and from your eyes.

If people are nauseous due to a lack of sound, I would think that sound = motion is a conditioned response, and could be un-learned.

I doubt if all people would be nauseous, just like not everyone gets sea sick.

Quote:
: being in an anechoic chamber for longer than 15 minutes can cause extreme symptoms, from claustrophobia and nausea to panic attacks and aural hallucinations

Probably some confusion in the brain when the senses aren't coordinated as usual. For some people anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2020 at 2:37:51 PM permalink
rxwine
I've had to take off my VR headset real quick a few times to keep from falling over. Never got any nausea though.
October 26th, 2020 at 2:55:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I doubt if all people would be nauseous, just like not everyone gets sea sick.
They haven't spent enough time out there.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 26th, 2020 at 2:59:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph

Is that the way it works? You eventually succumb to it even if it doesn't bother you for quite awhile?
October 26th, 2020 at 3:16:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Is that the way it works? You eventually succumb to it even if it doesn't bother you for quite awhile?
It's a life thing, not really do you or don't you. Just saying I've heard folks tell how they've never been sea sick, but if you talk to the old salts, they've all had their turn at the rail.

I think you become accustomed to the movement all the time, I had a lot of bouts with it. Most on land.

Funny thing about motion sickeness, you know those tall power poles outside? It's blowing like hell here, made me think of it. Those just move all around in the wind, not near as steady as you'd think, so do bucket trucks, they just sway and sway in the wind. I'd be fine until I went home, and when my head hit the pillow, it was look out to the side.

What I find about sea sickness is, it's half motion sickness and half fear.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 26th, 2020 at 4:43:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph

Even the most seasoned sailor
will get sick if the swells are high
enough. The ocean tried to get
me twice, I won't go near it now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.