Random Thought of the Day

November 12th, 2019 at 3:55:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I will soon be famous. I was asked to be in a TV commercial for the hospital that did my back surgery.

If any of you forum people want to converse with me, please schedule it through my agent.

Have to post a video of the commercial 1st
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2019 at 3:58:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I will soon be famous. I was asked to be in a TV commercial for the hospital that did my back surgery.

If any of you forum people want to converse with me, please schedule it through my agent.

So it's not for a personal injury ad for some big time lawyer suing the hospital 'cause your back is bent at a right angle and you're always in the correct position to tie your shoe, eh?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 12th, 2019 at 8:10:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
So it's not for a personal injury ad for some big time lawyer suing the hospital 'cause your back is bent at a right angle and you're always in the correct position to tie your shoe, eh?

I wish it was for a personal injury attorney whom collected millions for me, but the fact is that I don't even know when or how i broke my back.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2019 at 8:35:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I wish it was for a personal injury attorney whom collected millions for me, but the fact is that I don't even know when or how i broke my back.
I sure wish I could get THAT drunk!
November 13th, 2019 at 7:09:33 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Fleastiff
I sure wish I could get THAT drunk!

i can't even deny that I was drunk because I have no idea when it happened. The surgeon said that it is an old break and I have been having bad back pain for over six years.
November 13th, 2019 at 4:58:19 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Saw elsewhere you're already golfing. That's... ridiculous. In an amazing way.

Fusion, right? They just rod them together so they can't move and pinch the disks anymore? That you're still go for golf is encouraging. Did they give any warnings? Like, did this end your moto-x career or kill your American Gladiator dreams? Wondering how much of a beating you can take now...
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 14th, 2019 at 10:55:08 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Face
Saw elsewhere you're already golfing. That's... ridiculous. In an amazing way.

Fusion, right? They just rod them together so they can't move and pinch the disks anymore? That you're still go for golf is encouraging. Did they give any warnings? Like, did this end your moto-x career or kill your American Gladiator dreams? Wondering how much of a beating you can take now...

Yes, fusion of L5-S1 90 days ago.

I met the surgeon on Tuesday and he just said there are no longer any restrictions but to take things slowly. I plan on hitting a few golf balls this weekend just to see how I fare the next day. He also said that I could start wrestling with my wife again. Sadly, I think she isn't ready for that yet again.
November 14th, 2019 at 12:06:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Yes, fusion of L5-S1 90 days ago.

I met the surgeon on Tuesday and he just said there are no longer any restrictions but to take things slowly. I plan on hitting a few golf balls this weekend just to see how I fare the next day. He also said that I could start wrestling with my wife again. Sadly, I think she isn't ready for that yet again.

I'm golfing again after 2 major abdomen surgeries and a piece of titanium holding my elbow together after dislocating in a bike about accident a year ago
Still suck but don't suck worse. One buddy thinks I got better lol
Just played Monday at the USF Claw golf course. just 16 bucks for a cart and 18 holes
bargain
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2019 at 1:51:19 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined

Just played Monday at the USF Claw golf course. just 16 bucks for a cart and 18 holes
bargain

Congrats on golfing again. I am so jealous of you Floridians that golf so cheaply. In Vegas $50 is a good price for a cheap course.
November 22nd, 2019 at 7:06:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I've tried to quit saying "no thank you" in a terse manner - if I'm thinking about what I'm saying, I put a pause in between 'no' and 'thank you' or even say "thanks, though" or something similar, like I mean it.

"no thank you" the way it is usually said has become a sort of rebuke if you ask me, as if you are saying "don't bother me with that stuff" yet the recipient of that barb has to grin and bear it. I'm not sure how something meant to be polite has changed into this tool of the nasty person.

Yet most people give it no thought, so you have to try to take no notice.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]