The Biden Presidency 2024

Page 4 of 11<1234567>Last »
February 7th, 2024 at 11:32:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Just quoting the Republican Senator who helped write it.

Quote:
Lankford has repeatedly emphasized that the emergency authority “is not designed to let 5,000 people in, it is designed to close the border and turn 5,000 people around.”

After meeting with Republicans in the Capitol Monday evening, Lankford told reporters that people understand it once he explains it, “but it’s been said wrong so many times that people immediately just go back to, ‘this lets 5,000 people in a day,’ which is just factually wrong, but if you say it enough, it just sounds true.”

Yes, if 10,000 people tried to get in on a given day it could turn away 5,000 but it could also turn away only 1,500...plus there are exceptions.

The supporters don't prove anything; they just say that the bill does not say that...
February 7th, 2024 at 11:37:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You didn’t quote a single line from the actual bill to prove your point that Langford is wrong about the bill he helped write.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 7th, 2024 at 11:49:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Just quoting the Republican Senator who helped write it.

Read the bill not the Democratic spin. What he says in your quote is technically correct. But they don't have to declare an emergency until they encounter the 5000th person. So the first 4999 could cross if they don't declare the emergency.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 7th, 2024 at 12:19:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Read the bill not the Democratic spin. What he says in your quote is technically correct. But they don't have to declare an emergency until they encounter the 5000th person. So the first 4999 could cross if they don't declare the emergency.

I'm reading what a Republican who wrote it said, not a Democrat.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 7th, 2024 at 12:22:11 PM permalink
rxwine
This guy, is case you're wondering.

Quote:
WASHINGTON, DC – Senator James Lankford (R-OK) was awarded the 2019 Award for Conservative Excellence by the American Conservative Union (ACU) Foundation for his voting record in 2019. Lankford obtained an ACU rating of 95 percent, the second-highest in the Senate.

“I am grateful Oklahomans put their trust in me to press for our conservative values as a nation, including working to find areas of common ground across the aisle,” said Lankford. “As a nation it’s important that we continue to pursue solutions to address debt and deficit issues, reduce federal regulations, end government shutdowns, cut red tape for our nation’s small businesses, and protect free speech and religious liberty. It’s important to have advocates such as ACU that share and continue to push on these same values on behalf of our nation.”

https://www.lankford.senate.gov/news/press-releases/lankford-named-one-of-the-most-conservative-senators/
February 7th, 2024 at 1:06:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm reading what a Republican who wrote it said, not a Democrat.

Sometimes I truly feel embarrassed for kenarman’s constant factual errors.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 7th, 2024 at 1:22:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: REPUBLICAN Sen. Lankford
Lankford: I had a popular commentator that told me flat out, if you try to move a bill that solves the border crisis during this presidential year, I will do whatever I can to destroy you. Because I do not want you to solve this during the presidential election

Hmmm….

It’s very clear the right is very invested in keeping this “crisis” going.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 7th, 2024 at 1:43:01 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Hmmm….

It’s very clear the right is very invested in keeping this “crisis” going.

I don't know what "the right" is doing; I just want to know how the numbers really play out in the gobblygook of the bill.

Does it really potentially allow almost 1.5 million in over the course of the year?

What is the mechanism to override blatant attempts to suspend the closing of the border if a President basically ignores the rules?

Why does it sunset in three years? That would leave the potential of a year or more of a Biden/Harris Presidency allowing the borders to be overrun again and who knows what Newsom would do in 2028?

Why can't the President do something NOW and also work to get the bill passed instead of just saying "MAGA"? He has those tools and he can also use the fact that he really did something for political purposes.

I'm reading through the thing now, but the supporters of the bill could easily cite chapter and verse when talking about their plan...whether they are D or R folks.
February 7th, 2024 at 6:02:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
It is amazing that the libtards think that a bill that lets over 1 million ‘asylum seekers’ in in a calendar year is considered ‘securing the border’. They can say Fox this, Langford that…. The nuts and bolts of the bill just allow actions after the daily disaster has reached ridiculous levels. And always remember, the numbers do NOT include the hundreds of thousands that cross illegally. Trump, the most deplorable major candidate in history, is ahead of the Democrat because enough Americans can see through the absolute bullshit the Democrats are peddling.

Is it possible ‘the bill’ is better than nothing? Sure. But acting like it will ‘secure the border’ is just preposterous.
February 7th, 2024 at 8:10:30 PM permalink
rxwine
It's been a million a year since the 1990s. In other words, nothing new.
Page 4 of 11<1234567>Last »