Israeli conflict

October 26th, 2023 at 6:22:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
When white nationalists converged in Charlottesville, Va., ostensibly to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, they chanted, “You will not replace us,” and “Jews will not replace us.” But why were Jews a target of a neo-Confederate action, and who was the more generalized ‘you’?

White nationalists may have carried Confederate flags, but they also shouted the Nazi slogan “blood and soil.” Congregation Beth Israel was directly threatened by armed demonstrators during Sabbath services. And Chris Cantwell asserted in the viral Vice video that Trump was insufficiently racist because he gave “his daughter to a Jew.” These facts are central to any attempt to make sense of Charlottesville.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2023 at 6:25:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Trump being "insufficiently racist" is probably correct. He's not really good at anything, even lying and cheating.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2023 at 7:43:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
Were they going off about Jews? maybe

Yes, yes they were. Not maybe.

You wanted an example of ring-wingers who hated Jews and you got one.

Oh, it happened in 2017 so it’s ancient history I guess. Those right-wingers don’t hate Jews anymore. ;)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 26th, 2023 at 7:44:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Playing dumb or just dumb? We will never know…

Finally an easy one. You are not dumb. Just playing dumb.
October 26th, 2023 at 7:45:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Playing dumb or just dumb? We will never know…

October 26th, 2023 at 7:53:37 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO

I get what you are going for here but it doesn’t even make sense as a reply to the way my post was phrased.
October 26th, 2023 at 8:14:09 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Yes, yes they were. Not maybe.

You wanted an example of ring-wingers who hated Jews and you got one.
No, I don't need an example, we all know there are such out there. The point is ... *sigh* ... are you really so DUMB I have to point it out?

Actually, I think you know that the Media, even the most liberal of them, are not showing Charlottesville events to run right after showing the Palestinian demonstrations ... and why they are not.

I see It's OK for the Lefties here though, no matter how ridiculous.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 26th, 2023 at 8:18:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Our Lefties here LOVE Lame Deflection Reflex and can not wait to drag out just that when they know it's looking bad for their ilk. In this case, they weren't even prompted and yet here it comes ... " oh yeah, how about those right-wingers who hate Jews?" as even CNN and MSNBC can't find anything to show of the sort [they would love to]

trust me they were like that as children too... I imagine it was like this, "Bobby! you took your brother's toy and ruined it on purpose!" ... "Well he took mine!" [this was 4 years ago]

What is it that "what aboutism" make no sense to you?
Of course you can point things out, just not LAME horseshit ... like saying, basically, "yeah Hamas is bad but how about Jack the Ripper, he was bad too! A white guy!" I mean this stuff can really be lame

Quote:
If you're not like Charles Manson, you can lay into him.
what?

Quote:
But if you're going to criticize something that exists on your own side, you shouldn't object to having it pointed out as a valid retort.

Not that I don't believe in deflection, but I ascertain it's bringing up something that is not analogous at all. Bringing up the ying to the yang is perfectly appropriate.
do you need to rewrite that? Plus deflection is deflection. Appropriate response is not deflection. Wrong word.

Quote:
You'll never hear me say only the right has crooks and liars. I'm just going to argue specifics about which ones in particular we agree or disagree on.
You guys are doing an excellent job of bringing up the wrong stuff at a time like this
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 26th, 2023 at 8:33:23 AM permalink
ams288
No, I don't need an example, we all know there are such out there. The point is ... *sigh* ... are you really so DUMB I have to point it out?

Yes, please point out whatever the hell you are trying to get at.

Other than “MSM/liberals bad” it is hard to comprehend the nonsense.

Or are you still not getting that Hamas ≠ Palestine and pro-Palestine demonstrations ≠ pro-Hamas demonstrations? Thought we were past that.
October 26th, 2023 at 11:51:31 AM permalink
rxwine

You guys are doing an excellent job of bringing up the wrong stuff at a time like this

Okay, everyone in the crowd on Jan 6 was violent protestor wanting to overthrow the government. There were no peaceful people. I guess that's how you want to look at Palestinians. Everyone was there to hang Mike Pence also.

We're not excluding anyone in the crowd.