3 votes (75%)
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

June 20th, 2023 at 7:25:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
In general, I’m for the government protecting kids from bad parents. But of course it is quite nuanced often.

It is nuanced and that's why I am against all this BS trans laws pretending to protect children
Every human is different
Every case has unique aspects
I think if a Dr, parents and patient should have the right
to whatever treatment they determine is best. There should be no govt interference.
These are unique cases
Give Doctors, patients and parents freedom if all 3 agree on whatever treatment they want
I'm really surprised considering your profession, that you are against mutual decisions made by a Dr, patient and parents that are in total agreement.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2023 at 3:49:00 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
It is nuanced and that's why I am against all this BS trans laws pretending to protect children
Every human is different
Every case has unique aspects
I think if a Dr, parents and patient should have the right
to whatever treatment they determine is best. There should be no govt interference.
These are unique cases
Give Doctors, patients and parents freedom if all 3 agree on whatever treatment they want
I'm really surprised considering your profession, that you are against mutual decisions made by a Dr, patient and parents that are in total agreement.
If we can't have laws , then we need better regulation to avoid profiteers and radicals from doing just whatever they want

Case in point: I keep hearing that if your kid gets on social media and gets fed modern gender theory that gets them guessing, that soon enough they'll be seeing professionals ... many of those, perhaps a high majority, are going to crow about how important "affirming" is. This is the opposite of what needs to happen when we are talking about craving up children. Oh, wait, not wanting to carve up children makes me a Hater!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 21st, 2023 at 5:01:55 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit

Case in point: I keep hearing that if your kid gets on social media and gets fed modern gender theory that gets them guessing, that soon enough they'll be seeing professionals

Complete BS
You keep hearing BS
It's the right wing media feeding you crap
What the fuck does "I keep hearing" mean ???????????
Where are you exactly hearing all this BS you are hearing
Cite a reference of who is pushing this BS you keep hearing.
What you are hearing is hate for trans
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2023 at 6:18:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
Complete BS
You keep hearing BS
It's the right wing media feeding you crap
What the fuck does "I keep hearing" mean ???????????
Where are you exactly hearing all this BS you are hearing
Cite a reference of who is pushing this BS you keep hearing.
What you are hearing is hate for trans
OK, just one example of what I'm hearing

of course you hear none of this if you're glued to MSM

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 21st, 2023 at 6:24:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I’m not a hateful bigot so I also hear none of this because I don’t search for stuff like it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 21st, 2023 at 6:47:08 AM permalink
terapined

You are glued to listening to bigots
Bigots talking about their hatred is not proof of anything except their bigotry
You got to be batshit crazy to believe social media determines personal sexuality
June 21st, 2023 at 6:47:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

To use the words of the interviewer. "J... F... C..." You took your daughter to a therapist because she saw someone on social media and thought she might be transgender. And this is the first time it's been mentioned?

Well, if we are going to protect the world from total idiots we really need to work on getting rid of the 2nd amendment. It has all become clear now. No one is safe.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2023 at 7:44:56 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine

To use the words of the interviewer. "J... F... C..." You took your daughter to a therapist because she saw someone on social media and thought she might be transgender. And this is the first time it's been mentioned?

Well, if we are going to protect the world from total idiots we really need to work on getting rid of the 2nd amendment. It has all become clear now. No one is safe.

The video of the talking heads
No doubt their hatred against Trans is due to being brainwashed by social media :-)
June 26th, 2023 at 3:31:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Here is a great example for people thinking that surgery should be available before 18. There is a (granted rare, even more rare than trans) disorder where people feel that they have a limb (healthy, functional, no reason to remove except for personal mental perception), that they feel should not exist. This is called "Body integrity identity disorder" (BIID).

Should people under 18 be allowed (regardless of parental approval) to remove a healthy limb?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19132621/#:~:text=The%20term%20body%20integrity%20identity,transection%20of%20their%20spinal%20cord.

Here is an interview from Jerry Springer (unfortunately the subject is also trans in this case so that may prove distracting from the point to some, but this is the case that I recalled seeing very young at a friend's house):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvY2ScZBCtQ

In this case they say they wish they cut their legs off at 14. Nobody who supports minor trans surgeries can consistently be against this.
(Again, this case is trans, but most are not, I am not saying that this and trans have an inherent overlap, this is just an easy example as it was on TV).

It just goes down a dangerous road to allow kids to have any elective surgery that they wish. Will they probably get it as an adult anyway? In many cases possibly. Will having time to think about it help? Maybe. But, there is no rush, there is no medical necessity. Should such surgeries be legal so that people do not do them in a garage with a saw like in this case? Probably, just not legal for kids.
June 26th, 2023 at 3:51:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Nobody who supports minor trans surgeries can consistently be against this.

Sure I can. I gave an example to SOOPOO why I can support minor trans surgery whereas the same thing can not be said (for at least what I know of) female circumcision)

It requires a number of checking the boxes.

First one, does the kid even want it.
Second, does the parent agree.
Third is there medical support in general mainstream practice Well the American Academy of Pediatrics supports it in on a case by case basis.
Fourth - Has there been a reasonable counseling and wait time before proceeding, concerning risks and well and regrets.
Fifth - is there a potential benefit, even if there is risk.

I doubt if the same has ever been done for randomly cutting off healthy limbs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?