In the News II

October 18th, 2023 at 11:57:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A small, wrinkly yellow-green pepper known as Pepper X is now officially the hottest chili pepper in the world, according to Guinness World Records.
Ed Currie, founder of PuckerButt Pepper Company in South Carolina, appeared on the YouTube show Hot Ones to receive the Guinness award and announce the spicy new variety to the world.

I wonder if anyone ever dies trying super hot peppers? I’ve tried the hottest off-the-grocery store shelve pepper. Which was more hot than I prefer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 18th, 2023 at 12:29:15 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
I wonder if anyone ever dies trying super hot peppers? I’ve tried the hottest off-the-grocery store shelve pepper. Which was more hot than I prefer.
I think you could if you had high blood pressure or something

when I was coming up, the stores avoided hot spicy food most areas of the country. The closer you got to Mexico, Texas and so on, the more the food got hotter. You could buy something labeled 'hot' in the store, that was not hot at all. Or it might be made hot with some nasty, chemical-like substance that was completely disappointing

that is one thing that has changed for the better
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 18th, 2023 at 12:30:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Haven’t you ever seen Dumb and Dumber?

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 18th, 2023 at 3:59:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I know it’s a bio movie based on a true story. J/k

In crazy Hollywood news (is that possible). Jada and Will Smith have actually been separated since 2016. So, wow, everything has been fake for that long?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 18th, 2023 at 4:26:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I know it’s a bio movie based on a true story. J/k

Based on Don Jr. and Eric.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 18th, 2023 at 6:04:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I just bought a sauce called Unique Garlique. It is from the Puckerbutt Pepper Company and I have been hesitant to try it. I think it will be disgusting and may cause heart arrythmia. I plan to try it on chicken wings.

"Hot Ones’ very own spicy pepper savant, Smokin’ Ed Currie, is back in the number nine spot! This super spicy hot sauce is made with his infamous Carolina Reaper, as well as Trinidad Scorpion pepper and 7-Pot Primo peppers. As usual, the Carolina Reaper pepper’s slow burn takes at least 30 seconds to kick in, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the umami notes of garlic and Italian seasoning. This sauce reminds us of a super spicy Italian dressing, making it great for salads, soups, sandwiches and even pasta. Or try it on other Italian classics like eggplant parm or arancini."

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 19th, 2023 at 9:41:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Make sure to pack that if ever we should meet in Vegas. I'll try a shot of it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 19th, 2023 at 3:21:23 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Make sure to pack that if ever we should meet in Vegas. I'll try a shot of it.

I spend most of my time now in Florida and Georgia. If you decide to come south, let me know and I will buy you a drink or dinner. I have only been back to Vegas once in the past 23 months.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 20th, 2023 at 9:50:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I spend most of my time now in Florida and Georgia. If you decide to come south, let me know and I will buy you a drink or dinner. I have only been back to Vegas once in the past 23 months.

I might make it down to Florida, at some point. Mostly to hang out with you. I will not set foot in Georgia for any reason.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 20th, 2023 at 10:11:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I might make it down to Florida, at some point. Mostly to hang out with you. I will not set foot in Georgia for any reason.

Other than Atlanta it is a decent state.
The President is a fink.