In the News II

July 19th, 2023 at 1:03:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Some lady just proved its's not wise to lie about what you're doing and leave law enforcement to track your movements when you leave your phone behind saying you were kidnapped.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2023 at 3:17:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

the way I remember it, the Barbie doll started out as a doll alternative to baby dolls - not the first of such, but the modern one of the time. So if a girl wanted to fantasize about her future life as an older teenager/young woman, she could play with this doll. Later, Mattel came out with dolls to emphasize careers ... doctor, CEO, astronaut etc

Pretty much correct. Before Barbie it was "baby dolls" so girls could pretend to mother. Barbie let them pretend to be adults. Ken showed up for whatever reason, who knows. Barbie eventually had a Corvette complete with trailer hitch to tow. She had a multi-level house with elevator. And every other thing to groom the young girls as ultimate consumers.

When they took Barbie to Japan she flopped at first. They the made her look more Japanese. When they made her look Indian in India she flopped. Girls there wanted the American version with zero changes. She cost like a week take home pay for the average Indian but she sold well.

Other than knowing there is a movie out I know nor care a thing about it. I can see it being the ultimate chick flick.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2023 at 3:51:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Other than knowing there is a movie out I know nor care a thing about it. I can see it being the ultimate chick flick.

A straight man will not go for chick flicks.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 19th, 2023 at 6:33:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Pretty much correct. Before Barbie it was "baby dolls" so girls could pretend to mother. Barbie let them pretend to be adults. Ken showed up for whatever reason, who knows. Barbie eventually had a Corvette complete with trailer hitch to tow. She had a multi-level house with elevator. And every other thing to groom the young girls as ultimate consumers.

When they took Barbie to Japan she flopped at first. They the made her look more Japanese. When they made her look Indian in India she flopped. Girls there wanted the American version with zero changes. She cost like a week take home pay for the average Indian but she sold well.

That was such a joke. Has anybody ever seen a Corvette with a trailer hitch let alone a Corvette towing anything. It's not heavy enough you don't tow anything with a fiberglass car. LOL I know a kid in the early 60s who would get a hold of a Barbie doll and glue hair onto the crotch and that was such a big deal, doing that was so taboo that it was a major turn on. It all seems so silly now but it wasn't silly then. Those are the days that if a grown man had a Playboy he kept it hidden in his underwear drawer
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2023 at 7:08:30 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
So MGT displayed nude "dick pics" of Hunter Biden during a hearing today.

I hadn't heard of any "dick pics" so I googled and learned Hunter is proud to be packing nine inches.

Whoa.

No wonder Trump is jealous.
July 19th, 2023 at 7:54:41 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee

I hadn't heard of any "dick pics" so I googled and learned Hunter is proud to be packing nine inches.

Whoa.

Maybe that was 'the big guy" he was getting paid for.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 19th, 2023 at 8:06:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Whoa.

I don't think anyone cares what MTG looks at in her spare time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2023 at 3:44:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
That was such a joke. Has anybody ever seen a Corvette with a trailer hitch let alone a Corvette towing anything. It's not heavy enough you don't tow anything with a fiberglass car. LOL I know a kid in the early 60s who would get a hold of a Barbie doll and glue hair onto the crotch and that was such a big deal, doing that was so taboo that it was a major turn on. It all seems so silly now but it wasn't silly then. Those are the days that if a grown man had a Playboy he kept it hidden in his underwear drawer

I think I saw one pulling a boat back in the 70s. That would have been the C2. The older generations could probably have pulled as they needed to be a full frame for the fiberglass body. There would have been other drawbacks but I have seen people pulling boats with mid-size FWD GM cars.

I still care nothing about the movie. But the whole Barbie thing is fun to watch how conflicted it gets the feminazis.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2023 at 3:56:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Whoa.

Much of the right’s obsession with Hunter can be boiled down to some good old fashioned BDE (big dick envy).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 20th, 2023 at 9:43:00 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Much of the right’s obsession with Hunter can be boiled down to some good old fashioned BDE (big dick envy).

Idle thought: does cock size influence a person's decision to enter politics?