DeSantis: the real deal?

Page 63 of 64« First<6061626364>
September 20th, 2023 at 6:25:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know which pundit I heard yesterday say Matt Gaetz wants to run for Florida governor if DeSantis moves out! Man, I stopped all minor hope 3 weeks into DeSantis election, but I now I can imagine worse. Gaetz is ass dynamite.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2023 at 6:53:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A federal appeals court has blocked a Florida law seeking to ban children from drag shows, in a blow for Governor Ron DeSantis.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals backed a ruling by District Judge Gregory Presnell that the anti-drag bill was not "sufficiently narrowly tailored" to protect free speech.

The DeSantis administration is appealing Presnell's ruling, issued in June, and his preliminary injunction that prevents Florida from enacting its law. The state's lawyers had requested a partial stay of the injunction, but this was rejected by the appeals court on Wednesday.

In its 2-1 decision, the court warned that "there is a potential for extraordinary harm and a serious chill upon protected speech" if the law is allowed to stay in place until Florida's full appeal is heard.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ron-desantis-suffers-legal-blow-in-battle-over-drag-shows/ar-AA1i6bYF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7cb04e573f394a169d27614c421957ac&ei=6
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2023 at 8:18:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
NEWS — Wally Adeyemo, No. 2 at Treasury, told House Dems behind closed doors this a.m. that the $6 billion in Iranian assets that was recently unfrozen “isn’t going anywhere anytime soon”

Find a new talking point, righties!

Anything you can blame trans people for today?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 16th, 2023 at 2:06:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Here because DeSantis played a strong role in his appointment, one might say.

Quote:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration fought back on Friday against what it calls “the proliferation of misinformation” by Florida’s Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.

In a letter earlier this month to the FDA, Ladapo had questioned the agency’s drug approval and raised alarms about what he sees as the risk of potential cancer posed by COVID-19 mRNA vaccines. Ladapo, the leader of Florida’s health department, said he believed the drug delivery system used by mRNA vaccines could be an “efficient vehicle for delivering contaminant DNA into human cells.”

But a top researcher with the FDA released a public response to Ladapo on Friday saying the Surgeon General’s scientific assertion regarding the cancer risk is “implausible.”

Dr. Peter Marks, director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research for the FDA, said the premise asserted by Ladapo that DNA contaminant could cause cancer in vaccine recipients is not scientifically accurate because there is no way that minute amounts of DNA fragments could find their way into the nucleus of human cells where DNA resides.

He added that this type of disinformation results in vaccine hesitancy.

“Given the dramatic reduction in the risk of death, hospitalization and serious illness afforded by the vaccines, lower vaccine uptake is contributing to the continued death and serious illness toll of COVID-19,” Marks wrote. Indeed, only 11% of Floridians have received an updated COVID-19 booster, despite the state’s large population of elderly who are most at risk for poor outcomes. Even more, only about a third of the state’s vulnerable long-term care population has had the updated shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We would like to make clear that based on a thorough assessment of the entire manufacturing process, FDA is confident in the quality, safety, and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines,” Marks wrote in the response to Ladapo. “Additionally, with over a billion doses of the mRNA vaccines administered, no safety concerns related to residual DNA have been identified.”
December 18th, 2023 at 10:33:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In the latest polls DeSantis is the only person that Biden could beat if the election were held tomorrow. DeSantis is a bobblehead, he'll never be president. Him and his cowboy boots with four inch lifts in them. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 18th, 2023 at 10:50:55 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
In the latest polls DeSantis is the only person that Biden could beat if the election were held tomorrow. DeSantis is a bobblehead, he'll never be president. Him and his cowboy boots with four inch lifts in them. LOL

A rare agreement between EB and I.
January 14th, 2024 at 7:17:34 AM permalink
rxwine
IMO, this is why DeSantis is losing.

Quote:
Culture Warrior (often disapproving) ​a person who is active in trying to protect a particular culture or set of values that they think is under threat, especially conservative political values in the US. A self-proclaimed culture warrior, he campaigns against abortion and gay marriage.

CW may work in a district and can work in a state. Nationally, no. Worse is when conservatives define it as protecting freedom.

And I'll be first to argue that most of the vaccine issues actually followed what conservatives argue for. Vaccines to work? Don't like it, don't work there. Also, masks on private property? Should have been fine with them to have it Forced to wear a mask in public square. There might have been some people doing this, but it would've been overturned once challenged. Saying the military can refuse vaccines? The guys who you ask to run into a hail of bullets. Every extra sick day decreases readiness. And that's what you're really impacting.

Abortion choice is freedom to do or not do. You want to pretend a 2-inch life is worth everyone else's. Fine, let's allow million-dollar lawsuits on their behalf, just like we have for wrongful adult deaths. Make injury lawyers even richer.

And I'll still argue with anyone liberal or conservative, with adequate safeguards, and approval by parent, child and doctors you can transition a child. Just because some kids have been improperly handled doesn't mean you should make the process completely unattainable. At least until more reliable data comes in. And I haven't seen that yet.

Btw, DeStantis hurt by no charisma. Just a fact. Not that Biden has, but then you have to add in other factors DeSantis doesn't have either.
January 23rd, 2024 at 1:00:41 PM permalink
rxwine
February 21st, 2024 at 3:41:54 AM permalink
ams288
His presidential campaign ended and they IMMEDIATELY cut off his Ozempic prescription! The titties are back in town!

February 21st, 2024 at 9:38:25 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The guy could moonlight as a wet nurse.
Page 63 of 64« First<6061626364>