Would have lost a bet

Page 2 of 3<123>
August 31st, 2022 at 1:59:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee

Jail to the (former) chief

If you care to wager on that, I would be willing to bet against him going to jail (even though I hope he does).
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 31st, 2022 at 2:17:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
If you care to wager on that, I would be willing to bet against him going to jail (even though I hope he does).

I agree
I'd absolutely love to see him do time
But
There is no way it will ever happen.
He'd have to literally shoot somebody on the street with witnesses to do time. Anything short of that means no time.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 31st, 2022 at 3:27:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
He is no longer saying the FBI planted the classified docs.

Can’t believe what a dumbass he is…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 31st, 2022 at 3:37:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
He is no longer saying the FBI planted the classified docs.

Can’t believe what a dumbass he is…

This cannot be, Trump has never changed his story on anything!
August 31st, 2022 at 5:31:54 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich

No bet.

The way the country is divided now it will take just ONE Trumpie on the jury to vote not to convict, and you know damn well there will be at least one on his jury.

A sad situation for America when power "trumps" judicial fairness and equality under the law.
August 31st, 2022 at 6:53:12 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
I agree
I'd absolutely love to see him do time
But
There is no way it will ever happen.
He'd have to literally shoot somebody on the street with witnesses to do time. Anything short of that means no time.

I was thinking of posting "Does anyone REALLY think Donald Trump will be getting ANY jail/prison time?" And then I saw your post. Donald is super wealthy, powerful, and a former President. No way will he be seeing any time behind gray bars.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 31st, 2022 at 7:43:21 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Riverjordan
Donald is super wealthy, powerful, and a former President. No way will he be seeing any time behind gray bars.

He isn't immune from prosecution.

Were he to shoot his wife down like a dog in front of witnesses without lawful justification I am certain he'd be arrested, charged, and convicted.

The feds have him dead to rights on this records thing: I hope they run with it.

Uncle Joe is too nice, not pushing the AG to go after the fat blob.
September 1st, 2022 at 7:51:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee
He isn't immune from prosecution.

Were he to shoot his wife down like a dog in front of witnesses without lawful justification I am certain he'd be arrested, charged, and convicted.

The feds have him dead to rights on this records thing: I hope they run with it.

Uncle Joe is too nice, not pushing the AG to go after the fat blob.

Probably the closest in recent history we have is Nixon, who only avoided charged because he resigned before the election and his VP pardoned him once taking power. Trump does not have somebody in power to pardon him (though that could change in the future, because even if he is charged, if in 3-9 years there is a Republican President he can pardon him and get him out of prison). Nixon also had a similar attitude as Trump, "If the President does it, it is not illegal".

If Trump was wise he would have resigned on January 6th and had Pence pardon him for "All related crimes" (or whatever the language of Nixon's pardon was). But, Trump was probably too egotistical to do this, or maybe Pence would not agree (and after Trump encouraged his hanging, who can blame him....)
September 1st, 2022 at 8:29:32 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
Probably the closest in recent history we have is Nixon, who only avoided charged because he resigned before the election and his VP pardoned him once taking power. Trump does not have somebody in power to pardon him (though that could change in the future, because even if he is charged, if in 3-9 years there is a Republican President he can pardon him and get him out of prison). Nixon also had a similar attitude as Trump, "If the President does it, it is not illegal".

If Trump was wise he would have resigned on January 6th and had Pence pardon him for "All related crimes" (or whatever the language of Nixon's pardon was). But, Trump was probably too egotistical to do this, or maybe Pence would not agree (and after Trump encouraged his hanging, who can blame him....)

About January 6th, Trump was already getting ready to be out of the White House anyways in just two weeks as he had lost the Election to Joe Biden. Had this happened on January 26th, just 20 days later, Joe would have been the one in the hot seat for the Capitol Riot ...
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
September 2nd, 2022 at 1:08:19 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Riverjordan
About January 6th, Trump was already getting ready to be out of the White House anyways in just two weeks as he had lost the Election to Joe Biden. Had this happened on January 26th, just 20 days later, Joe would have been the one in the hot seat for the Capitol Riot ...
Oh Boy!
Page 2 of 3<123>