No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 10th, 2023 at 7:50:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Tanko
Wrong again as usual.

The post I originally responded to was about Trump and other Republicans complaining about rigged elections

I used Clinton and Abrams as examples to show Republicans are not the only ones to complain about rigged elections.

Kerry 2004 (Ohio) would have been a better example with more parallels to be drawn.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 10th, 2023 at 8:32:13 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: Mission146
Kerry 2004 (Ohio) would have been a better example with more parallels to be drawn.

John Kerry is another dude who lost a Presidential election and didn't stage an insurrection to illegally attain power...
December 10th, 2023 at 8:37:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: GenoDRPh
John Kerry is another dude who lost a Presidential election and didn't stage an insurrection to illegally attain power...

That is correct and totally immaterial to my point. There were attempted Congressional actions, thereby making it a closer comparison. The root nature also involved alleged election 'fraud,' though this was just them thinking the machines didn't work correctly.

I'd also appreciate if you refrain from ever directly responding to anything I say. Thank you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 10th, 2023 at 10:17:29 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
That is correct and totally immaterial to my point. There were attempted Congressional actions, thereby making it a closer comparison. The root nature also involved alleged election 'fraud,' though this was just them thinking the machines didn't work correctly.

I'd also appreciate if you refrain from ever directly responding to anything I say. Thank you.

More "whataboutism" from the MAGA types, to justify their insurrection and attempts to steal an election. If MAGA kept it to losing lawsuits and objections during the joint session counting electoral votes, then maybe we'd have a close comparison, But we don't. MAGA and Trump went far beyond what Gore did in 200 and Kerry did in 2004.

You'll just have to deal with my public responses to your public statements, unless I've broken some DT rule.
December 10th, 2023 at 10:27:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
More "whataboutism" from the MAGA types, to justify their insurrection and attempts to steal an election. If MAGA kept it to losing lawsuits and objections during the joint session counting electoral votes, then maybe we'd have a close comparison, But we don't. MAGA and Trump went far beyond what Gore did in 200 and Kerry did in 2004.

You'll just have to deal with my public responses to your public statements, unless I've broken some DT rule.

No rule was broken, violate polite requests all you wish.

I'm not whatabout'ing anything and am not a MAGA type. All I said is that it would have been more comparable than the examples that he offered and I stated why. YOU had a problem with that for reasons that I do not understand. Of course, I also don't care what your problem with that was, so I'd appreciate you not explaining it unless you're doing so for your own edification.

You might also recall me saying everyone in the Capitol Building, that day, should have been summarily executed on sight after being given fifteen minutes to disperse. I only added the fifteen minutes to be...um...let's say perceived as merciful about it. They could have went in and just killed them all right away, with no warning, why should I care?
December 10th, 2023 at 10:36:08 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
No rule was broken, violate polite requests all you wish.

I'm not whatabout'ing anything and am not a MAGA type. All I said is that it would have been more comparable than the examples that he offered and I stated why. YOU had a problem with that for reasons that I do not understand. Of course, I also don't care what your problem with that was, so I'd appreciate you not explaining it unless you're doing so for your own edification.

You might also recall me saying everyone in the Capitol Building, that day, should have been summarily executed on sight after being given fifteen minutes to disperse. I only added the fifteen minutes to be...um...let's say perceived as merciful about it. They could have went in and just killed them all right away, with no warning, why should I care?

15 minutes would have been too long. They're lucky we don't deal with them like the Romans dealt with traitors.
December 11th, 2023 at 7:56:53 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
15 minutes would have been too long. They're lucky we don't deal with them like the Romans dealt with traitors.

I think Mission’s original position was 20 minutes. He’s getting meaner.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 11th, 2023 at 10:34:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
I think Mission’s original position was 20 minutes. He’s getting meaner.

If he’s going to shoot the bunch, at least make it “Squid” gamish.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 11th, 2023 at 4:58:52 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Anyone know what the current odds are for an elected president other than Biden or Trump?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 12th, 2023 at 3:59:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
Anyone know what the current odds are for an elected president other than Biden or Trump?

Predictit has it at 22%.

Haley would beat Biden

Newsom would beat Trump

Neither side can figure that out.