No votes (0%)
2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

October 3rd, 2023 at 2:07:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Probably was a move to make Trump speaker.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2023 at 2:19:20 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: OnceDear
Yes. I was glued to the TV that day. Watching history happen.

It really didn't have to be history if the Democrats hadn't made such a big deal out of it.

How it should have been handled is the same way they should have handled Minneapolis, Portland's autonomous zone and other riots. You get on loudspeakers and announce that everyone has twenty minutes to disperse from the area. When the twenty minutes are up, you kill them all indiscriminately.

Probably only have to do that once or twice to have made your point for awhile.

So, really, the people who actually entered the Capitol Building should have been shot dead like rabid dogs. Not really much to talk about after that.

I also think if we ever make shoplifting amounts for prosecution similar to California, that's fine, but only on condition that the store owner/operator can shoot the shoplifters dead within x feet of the store. You'll want good cameras and to be absolutely sure they stole something, of course.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 3rd, 2023 at 2:26:50 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: SOOPOO
No Speaker of the House as of now. McCarthy voted out. Essentially for doing his job. The crazy Right (Gaetz, et al) used the bizarre power the few of them wielded to can him because he negotiated with the Democrats to get shit done.

The crazy dozen or so right wingers have enough clout to oust McCarthy, but not enough to get one of them elected speaker. The Dems had a choice…. just vote ‘present’ and allow McCarthey to continue as speaker and avoid chaos, or hurt the country by allowing the ouster but make the Republicans look like fools. Gee, what do you think the Dems did?

It’s why I’m an ‘anti-Democrat’, but not a Republican.

October 3rd, 2023 at 2:32:57 PM permalink
rxwine
McCarthy broke promises on both sides of the aisle. Democrats weren't going to save him based on new promises. Fool me once, etc.,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2023 at 2:38:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rxwine
Probably was a move to make Trump speaker.

I guess no one ever heard the secret plan of making Trump speaker of the House, 25th amendment of Biden, somehow get rid ot Harris. Sp of the h is next in line. Trump goes to Whitehouse and pardons himself.
October 3rd, 2023 at 2:47:46 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: rxwine
I guess no one ever heard the secret plan of making Trump speaker of the House, 25th amendment of Biden, somehow get rid ot Harris. Sp of the h is next in line. Trump goes to Whitehouse and pardons himself.
Even I heard that hypothetical route for trumpy. It wouldn't look anything like a coup.
October 3rd, 2023 at 2:59:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
No Speaker of the House as of now. McCarthy voted out. Essentially for doing his job. The crazy Right (Gaetz, et al) used the bizarre power the few of them wielded to can him because he negotiated with the Democrats to get shit done.

The crazy dozen or so right wingers have enough clout to oust McCarthy, but not enough to get one of them elected speaker. The Dems had a choice…. just vote ‘present’ and allow McCarthey to continue as speaker and avoid chaos, or hurt the country by allowing the ouster but make the Republicans look like fools. Gee, what do you think the Dems did?

It’s why I’m an ‘anti-Democrat’, but not a Republican.

Ugh, I was gonna come here and joke about the first rightie blaming this on the Dems being an idiot.

But SOOPOO has beaten me to the punch.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2023 at 3:09:58 PM permalink
rxwine
There's already suggestions they may move to expel Gaetz. Just heard it from a Republican from N. Dakota.
October 3rd, 2023 at 6:27:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Ugh, I was gonna come here and joke about the first rightie blaming this on the Dems being an idiot.

But SOOPOO has beaten me to the punch.

You calling me an idiot doesn’t change the fact that the Dems had a choice. Country first or political gain. The answer is no surprise. This does not mean the Republican doofuses that voted him out aren’t worse than the entire Democrat party. You think anyone looks good in this mess? You think this is good for the country?

The far right imbeciles just couldn’t get it through their thick skulls that having just the House means you don’t get to make the laws without the Dems, who control 2 out of the three pillars of power.
October 3rd, 2023 at 6:48:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You calling me an idiot doesn’t change the fact that the Dems had a choice. Country first or political gain. The answer is no surprise. This does not mean the Republican doofuses that voted him out aren’t worse than the entire Democrat party. You think anyone looks good in this mess? You think this is good for the country?

The far right imbeciles just couldn’t get it through their thick skulls that having just the House means you don’t get to make the laws without the Dems, who control 2 out of the three pillars of power.

Electing a GOP majority to any branch of government will ALWAYS be bad for the country. They can’t govern.

Nancy Pelosi had some small margins and she held her caucus together.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman