2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

August 16th, 2023 at 1:16:01 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tanko
He is okay with letting China invade Taiwan after we have achieved our semi-conductor independence under his leadership.

“After that, our commitments to Taiwan — our commitments to be willing to go to military conflict — will change after that, because that’s rationally in our self-interest."

We also need steel independence. We've gone from being the worlds largest steel exporter to the world's largest steel importer..

If we want to build a ship, we have to buy the steel from China.

Eleven Chinese and Russian warships off the coast of Alaskla a few weeks ago, and all we could muster was four destroyers.

Ramaswami also favors legalizing hard drugs, as they did in Portland. Which worked out really well.

"I'm not a war on drugs person."

His exact positions really have little to do with the point that getting seen is important to his cause overall because one person is getting almost all the attention.

He'll have to defend his positions, but first you have to find people to actually listen.

Way too many people are excusing Trump's actions completely, ignoring other candidates, etc. and it may be the exact medicine that President joe "Basement" Biden needs to win in a similar manner to 2020.

He isn't going to win on his record. He can win on Trump having a record.
August 16th, 2023 at 5:52:52 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: DoubleGold
That photo is from a different event. He did not look well in Iowa.

Vivek Ramiswami flexing in Iowa.

Crowd didn't seem too impressed.

That video will hurt Vivek because of the rap.

But Bill Clinton playing the sax helped him.

He looks ridiculous in that video. I don't particularly like the guy, he's way too young, he's way too much of a sure of himself smartass for somebody who's never been elected to anything. He's still in his 30s for crying out loud. He has Swami in his name and he's a Hindu. I guarantee half the United States could not tell you the difference between a Muslim and a Hindu. We are not going to elect a Swami, Hindu that's in his thirties who's never held elective office. The guy needs a little humility, he's way too impressed with himself. So is Trump but Trump has accomplished a hell of a lot this Hindu guy has accomplished nothing. I'm leaving more and more towards RFK Jr everyday. Some smart people I'm hearing are saying that Joe Biden said no comment on the Fire because he's been told over his vacation that he ain't running in 2024. His wife finally broke the news to him and I think that might be true.

Yeah, I saw it already.

Can I un-see it?

Nothing else about him that bothers me though.
August 17th, 2023 at 4:27:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
He isn't going to win on his record. He can win on Trump having a record.

It does not matter who the Republican candidate is, or what Biden's record is.

69% of female voters of every ethnicity plus 90% of black voters, voted democrat in 2022.

That means whoever the democrat candidate is in 2024, will have a 52 million vote head start.

Add to that, 70% of the votes from every other ethnic minority.

If Biden can't run, Newsom is their backup.

RFK Jr. was off to a good start, but he's now being black listed by the main stream media, and censored by Google, a monopoly utility that controls 64% of the US search engine market and 90% of the European search engine market and decides what the world can and cannot see on the Internet.

'The 1st to sue Google, government for censoring media!'

'Kennedy alleges that Google worked with the federal government to develop and enforce "misinformation" policies to censor the government's political opponents,...'

Good luck getting a court order against Google from a democrat appointed Federal Judge in San Jose.
August 17th, 2023 at 4:58:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
RFK Jr. was off to a good start

No he wasn’t.

But a lot of righties really convinced themselves he was…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 17th, 2023 at 5:44:58 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
No he wasn’t.

He started out at 19%, which is strong for someone just entering the race, but fell to 13% after being smeared, black listed and censored.

According to the July 19th Harvard-Harris poll, he leads all candidates of any party in favorability, and has one of the lowest unfavorable ratings.

His net favorability is +21, while Biden's is -14.

Trump is at -4.

As it stands now, in 2024, Americans will be voting for the candidate they dislike the least.
August 17th, 2023 at 6:54:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
He started out at 19%, which is strong for someone just entering the race, but fell to 13% after being smeared, black listed and censored.

19% amongst who? GOP voters?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 19th, 2023 at 6:12:23 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
if Biden is re-elected he will be 86 in his final year in office
most 84 thru 86 year old men could not, I believe, perform well in that office
yes, they have a great deal of assistance but they are the ones responsible for the ultimate decisions
very, very critical decisions might have to be made - such as whether or not to take military action against a perceived enemy

I wish Biden declined to run and the Democrats found a suitable younger man as their candidate

some may call this age discrimination but I don't think so

to me, it's just being realistic

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
August 19th, 2023 at 6:48:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: PotPie

I agree with that but who is not to say that he is not one of the 1% of 86 year old men that could do it? i doubt he is, but we can't know that until the time comes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 19th, 2023 at 6:56:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
yes, they have a great deal of assistance but they are the ones responsible for the ultimate decisions
very, very critical decisions might have to be made - such as whether or not to take military action against a perceived enemy

I wish Biden declined to run and the Democrats found a suitable younger man as their candidate

Well, I hope someone does something before he gets to Diane Feinstein stage. I can't even imagine the most hard-line Dems letting that go with the President.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 20th, 2023 at 7:57:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

He'll probably die in office like FDR
No biggie
President Harris
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"