2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

February 14th, 2024 at 5:12:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Another seat lost with Trump as the candidate or President. There is a real chance that they lose the House (the gang that can't shoot straight) and fail to gain the Senate in their best chance of the last few elections. Biden does not hurt other candidates in his party as much as Trump does. At the point they lose in either body of Congress, it becomes a shit show if Trump wins.

Of course, Trump says she didn't say she supported him fast enough.

I don't put as much into this election has others because he held the seat before, is a moderate Democrat, is well-liked, and has great name recognition.

Killing babies is a winning issue for Democrats and the Republicans have not prosecuted the case against the poor border bill very well--they actually should have debated it on the floor and voted against it after the debate. Just tossing it away at least partially gave the issue away. If they indeed followed Trump on that, they are proving themselves to be inept.

At least they got the impeachment vote taken care of before the election results are certified and the winner is sworn in. That is a huge load off their plate. It was totally worth it to do that and the articles of impeachment will go down in history as the most clear case for removal from office in history.**

**they'll be lucky if it even goes to an actual trial in the Senate. I think it may get voted down immediately. Well, once everyone gets back from two weeks off. The whole thing is a joke and a lot of wasted time. Everyone knows Myorkas is just doing what the boss told him to do and they can't find a real crime; bad ideas are not necessarily criminal.

I think Republicans were forced into an error of moving the goal posts when they went from claiming Biden was for open borders, to even if Biden does something like the border deal, he can't be trusted. That change was fine with the maga-core, but they probably lost some of the middle support.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2024 at 6:03:16 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
We all will be negatively affected for years to come because of the border invasion, on both the northern and southern borders.

But the ones most affected in the short term (5-10 years) will be the blue citizens in Sanctuary cities, even if the admin covertly flies them to red cities.

They'll eventually navigate to blue cities.

The important thing here to see, is not Biden.

He's doing what he has to do by the elite.

They have him in a vice-grip.

One reason Trump is being attacked is because the elite want to eliminate others, aka Palestinians and Ukrainians.

Trump will bring peace by cutting off their funding.

But the main reason, is to cut their funding off completely.

By the way, the majority of the elite are not Americans.
February 15th, 2024 at 1:37:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Describing "Fani Willis" as a mostly hostile witness is an easy call. Not surprising though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2024 at 6:27:28 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DoubleGold
We all will be negatively affected for years to come because of the border invasion

One reason Trump is being attacked is because the elite want to eliminate others, aka Palestinians and Ukrainians.

I’m saving this just in case I am ever misguided enough to read a DG post again. Plus I think those who’ve blocked him and not me can see this!

First of all, by we, are you including yourself in we? Maybe I have the wrong guy, but don’t you live in Brazil?

So you ACTUALLY believe electing Trump will bring peace in the Middle East by cutting off ‘their funding’?

If you only knew how bizarre your posts are!
February 16th, 2024 at 2:43:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Here's what I wrote SOOPOO:

You selected the first line and then two others down the list.

Quote: DoubleGold
We all will be negatively affected for years to come because of the border invasion, on both the northern and southern borders.

But the ones most affected in the short term (5-10 years) will be the blue citizens in Sanctuary cities, even if the admin covertly flies them to red cities.

They'll eventually navigate to blue cities.

The important thing here to see, is not Biden.

He's doing what he has to do by the elite.

They have him in a vice-grip.

But the main reason, is to cut their funding off completely.

By the way, the majority of the elite are not Americans.

Quote: SOOPOO
I’m saving this just in case I am ever misguided enough to read a DG post again. Plus I think those who’ve blocked him and not me can see this!

First of all, by we, are you including yourself in we? Maybe I have the wrong guy, but don’t you live in Brazil?

So you ACTUALLY believe electing Trump will bring peace in the Middle East by cutting off ‘their funding’?

If you only knew how bizarre your posts are!

-----------------

"First of all, by we, are you including yourself in we? Maybe I have the wrong guy, but don’t you live in Brazil?"

-----------------

Yes, and yes, I'm a male. :)

And I reside close to Copacabana in Rio.

I have a large family that live in the USA, one even reports to the Whitehouse.

Last place I resided was in Dallas and I have a southern drawl.

I have one grandson in college and could be a great-grandfather soon.

-----------------

"So you ACTUALLY believe electing Trump will bring peace in the Middle East by cutting off ‘their funding’?"

-----------------

Yes, he could if elected.

We didn't correct the last election issues though, yet.

So the odds are pretty low, but possible.

Democrats have to swap sides, enough to save the country, to compensate for the cheating.
February 16th, 2024 at 4:20:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Steve Cortes gets it, at least the core of it.

He entirely misses what Trump represents though.

--------------------

Biden: Candidate of the Elites

February 14, 2024
Remember when Democrats advocated for working-class Americans?

My maternal relatives were all Irish Catholic Democrats in decades past. They were deeply conservative in their personal lives and social views, and concurrently deeply committed to the party of John F. Kennedy and Tip O’Neill.

Those days now seem like an era of antiquity compared to the radical, even Marxist, Democratic Party of the 2020s. The Biden-Harris Democrats push secular humanist ideology while acting fully in concert with the economic ruling class of America, all at the cavalier expense of middle-and lower-income citizens.
https://realclearwire.com/articles/2024/02/14/biden_candidate_of_the_elites_150493.html

--------------------
February 16th, 2024 at 4:33:19 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Describing "Fani Willis" as a mostly hostile witness is an easy call. Not surprising though.

Those two make a lot of money and keep a lot of cash on hand.

Calling being a municipal judge the easiest job in the world and working two days a week for $100k isn't gong to help the other municipal judges get raises...

The case that brings her to the stand? Who knows. I don't know much about it overall and I guess it will sort itself out.
February 16th, 2024 at 6:52:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Those two make a lot of money and keep a lot of cash on hand.

Calling being a municipal judge the easiest job in the world and working two days a week for $100k isn't gong to help the other municipal judges get raises...

The case that brings her to the stand? Who knows. I don't know much about it overall and I guess it will sort itself out.

I have to say, the skepticism I heard from Fox commentators on giving someone else cash when someone else pays with a credit card is something I've done many many times. And not keeping a record of it. Never. I've done it for hotel rooms, trips. etc. Now I don't keep 10k on hand. Someone else pays for something I owe, I just pay it back in cash. This is in person though. Now if I was supposed to pay someone back later I would use some other method.
February 16th, 2024 at 7:34:45 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I have to say, the skepticism I heard from Fox commentators on giving someone else cash when someone else pays with a credit card is something I've done many many times. And not keeping a record of it. Never. I've done it for hotel rooms, trips. etc. Now I don't keep 10k on hand. Someone else pays for something I owe, I just pay it back in cash. This is in person though. Now if I was supposed to pay someone back later I would use some other method.

Sure, I've done that, but most larger amounts (like paying thousands for vacations) are paid back by check.

I don't necessarily see much more in it than that they seem to keep rather large amounts of cash in their houses, on their person, or wherever.

I didn't see much positive commentary about her testimony (supposedly against the advice of her attorneys until they finished attempting to get her excused from testifying) last night. Like it or not, this case is about her. She is "on trial" in that the result can be an outcome that disqualifies her. She should know that people attempt venue changes, conflict of interest allegations, etc. where they think they have a case.
February 17th, 2024 at 2:40:18 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Here’s an article:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/16/opinions/trump-ny-fraud-ruling-355-million-orentlicher/index.html

With a few select quotes:

Quote:
So far, the prosecutions of Trump have been followed by an increase in his support and a decline in public trust in the legal process, at least among Republicans.

Quote:
But so far, public officials have done more damage to the law than to Trump, pushing too far in their efforts to punish the former president. Instead of leading many voters to distrust Trump, the legal cases are leading voters to distrust the legal system.

Quote:
After Special Counsel Jack Smith indicted Trump in August for his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, an ABC News poll found that 46% of surveyed Americans believed the charges to be politically motivated, with only 40% not thinking so. In June, more than 60% of Americans polled said that they thought political motivations explained Smith’s indictment of Trump on charges of mishandling classified documents.

Quote:
But in their zeal to pursue the former president, prosecutors and judges are diminishing public trust by pushing the limits of the law.

I could have swore I read something where someone predicted this sort of sentiment. Multiple things, in fact. Where could I possibly have read those?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman