Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

November 16th, 2023 at 7:29:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
that makes him "a straight man"? ... where do you get that?

Quote:
Macomb County church youth leader accused of coercing minor to have sex

Sure to be the top story on all right wing media, right?
I guess you've never heard of a gay youth pastor. This is a case of failed due diligence ... a youth pastor must be carefully vetted

Vetted? Don't you know everything is God's Will? All of these things happen for a purpose and according to GOD'S PLAN, so clearly, it was God's DIVINE WILL that this minor be sexually molested.

I just don't understand any parents that would allow their kids (without them present) in the company of a non-relative for a non-zero period of time. I'd actually go as far as to say you shouldn't let your kids around relatives unsupervised, unless you REALLY trust those relatives.

Anyway, why should anyone intervene in God's Will? Also, how would you vet this person, assuming that they don't have some sort of criminal record? You can't just say, 'Vet,' like the vetting actually does something...at least, assuming that he doesn't have a criminal record.

Pastor: "Do you want to have sex with kids?"

Guy Being Vetted: "No."

Pastor: "Okay. I guess you're good! Welcome to the team!"

What's he going to do? Answer, "Yes?" I can't imagine someone who goes around molesting kids can be expected to be above lying.

My advice would be for these idiots to all disavow religion and never, under any circumstances, let their kids in a church (or separate area of a church) unattended. There's really nothing to vet if you don't put your kids in that position in the first place.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 16th, 2023 at 11:07:14 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Mission146
Quote: odiousgambit
that makes him "a straight man"? ... where do you get that?

Quote:

I guess you've never heard of a gay youth pastor. This is a case of failed due diligence ... a youth pastor must be carefully vetted

Vetted? Don't you know everything is God's Will? All of these things happen for a purpose and according to GOD'S PLAN, so clearly, it was God's DIVINE WILL that this minor be sexually molested.

I just don't understand any parents that would allow their kids (without them present) in the company of a non-relative for a non-zero period of time. I'd actually go as far as to say you shouldn't let your kids around relatives unsupervised, unless you REALLY trust those relatives.

Anyway, why should anyone intervene in God's Will? Also, how would you vet this person, assuming that they don't have some sort of criminal record? You can't just say, 'Vet,' like the vetting actually does something...at least, assuming that he doesn't have a criminal record.

Pastor: "Do you want to have sex with kids?"

Although not fool proof the rules that are usually followed for anything involving kids now are as follows. A single adult is not allowed to be alone with even a group of children let alone one on one. Doors are always to remain open unless it is a changing room. Now if you have 2 perverts working together that doesn't work. Anyone working with kids needs to pass a police check to show up any previous problems, red flags or name changes.

Guy Being Vetted: "No."

Pastor: "Okay. I guess you're good! Welcome to the team!"

What's he going to do? Answer, "Yes?" I can't imagine someone who goes around molesting kids can be expected to be above lying.

My advice would be for these idiots to all disavow religion and never, under any circumstances, let their kids in a church (or separate area of a church) unattended. There's really nothing to vet if you don't put your kids in that position in the first place.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 16th, 2023 at 12:41:46 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
you can at least vet out those who have gotten themselves in trouble before. I would go further than that if it was up to me, though I wouldn't say I couldn't make a mistake in judgement
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 16th, 2023 at 2:04:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Not a trans person. Not a drag queen.

A…

*checks notes*

…youth pastor.

Obviously just a misunderstanding. Lol
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 16th, 2023 at 3:36:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Is the victim male or female? If the victim is female that will instantly destroy all of the right who will suddenly pivot into saying that it is perfectly fine for a 29 year old man to have relations with a consenting 16 year old lady as always has happened.... It is weird that some people only care about abuse when the victim and the perpetrator are the same gender (and/or one is trans.)
January 2nd, 2024 at 1:27:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Jamie Reed: The Courage to Admit You’re Wrong
When I blew the whistle on a transgender clinic, some suggested I had been ‘brainwashed by the right.’ No. I’m a progressive who follows science.

By Jamie Reed

December 31, 2023

Short quote from the article. She is a lefty that actually thinks and is willing to admit when she is wrong. She is gay and married to a transman. She worked in a hospital doing medical treatments for trans kids.

"The road to hell, as they say, is paved with good intentions.

We had good intentions, but we were misinformed. We didn’t really understand the Dutch studies, published between 2011 and 2014, and like many leftists, we thought they proved that the use of medical interventions for gender-dysphoric youth would vastly improve these children’s lives. We weren’t aware of what was happening across the pond at Tavistock, the UK’s only gender identity clinic for children, which will close its doors permanently next year after reports that they fast-tracked medical procedures.

We weren’t aware of the irreversible medical harm we were doing. But when we started to wise up, it didn’t mean my entire liberal worldview evaporated. If anything, it just reinforced my views."
January 2nd, 2024 at 2:19:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
If only anti-trans righties had “The Courage to Admit You’re a Bigot.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 2nd, 2024 at 4:58:38 PM permalink
kenarman
If only anti-trans righties had “The Courage to Admit You’re a Bigot.”

I assume you aren't talking about me. I do have more respect for the queer person I quoted in my OP than you though. She was able to re-examine the data and with her personal work in the field decided that her position was wrong. You on the other hand have never accepted any information that shows that your position is not very strong or even totally incorrect. The last person who was never wrong on this earth was nailed to a cross. I would be happy to drive in the nails for you.
January 2nd, 2024 at 6:09:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
I assume you aren't talking about me. I do have more respect for the queer person I quoted in my OP than you though. She was able to re-examine the data and with her personal work in the field decided that her position was wrong. You on the other hand have never accepted any information that shows that your position is not very strong or even totally incorrect. The last person who was never wrong on this earth was nailed to a cross. I would be happy to drive in the nails for you.

So funny you would allude to Jesus in this thread.

I think the evidence is clear: Jesus was transgender.

The long hair? Always sauntering around in robes? THE BIRKENSTOCKS?

She ain’t foolin no one…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 2nd, 2024 at 6:49:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
So funny you would allude to Jesus in this thread.

I think the evidence is clear: Jesus was transgender.

The long hair? Always sauntering around in robes? THE BIRKENSTOCKS?

She ain’t foolin no one…

Great post!!
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.