Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

September 15th, 2023 at 9:17:53 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: GenoDRPh
Quote: DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
well you know the Left has had this thing about sterilization ....

Now each new baby is going to contribute to carbon in the atmosphere. Undeniable.

Yes, babies breathe-out carbon dioxide, so be prepared when the Marxists, like Hillary and Biden, figure that out.

-------------------------

Sec. Clinton Stands By Her Praise of Eugenicist Margaret Sanger

April 15, 2009
Last month, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton accepted Planned Parenthood's Margaret Sanger Award, named after the founder of the American Birth Control League, which changed its name to Planned Parenthood in the 1940s.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/sec-clinton-stands-by-her-praise-of-eugenicist-margaret-sanger

-------------------------

This the same American Birth COntrol League that to-be US Senator Republican Prescott Bush was treasurer of?

Hard to imagine Prescott being worse than Poppy.
November 4th, 2023 at 6:50:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
OK, Lefties, join in on your usual chorus, "Move along, nothing to see here"

https://www.newsweek.com/shocking-field-hockey-injury-sparks-fight-over-transgender-athletes-1840845
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 4th, 2023 at 7:10:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
OK, Lefties, join in on your usual chorus, "Move along, nothing to see here"

https://www.newsweek.com/shocking-field-hockey-injury-sparks-fight-over-transgender-athletes-1840845

I don't know what this has to do with transgender athletes. All of the local (to Massachusetts) news sources are reporting that it was a boy/male, so this has precisely nothing to do with the transgender question.

It also has nothing to do with any federal law. Massachusetts State Law (for many years) has been that boys can play on girls' teams if the school in question does not have a boys team. Also, girls may play on boys' teams if the school in question does not have a girls team.

It would seem (judging from their Youtube videos of games) that Swampscott (the school from which the boy took the shot leading to injury) does not have a boys field hockey team; therefore, pursuant to Massachusetts state law, he can play with the girls if he wants to.

The ability for individuals to play on teams that are the opposite of their sex came about by way of a 1979 ruling against the MIAA. In other words, the law has been in place for nearly 45 years, long before the transgender people in sports debate was even a major discussion. Hell, longer than I've been alive.

And, once again, the event in question didn't involve a trans person anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also generally opposed to transgendered people participating in amateur team sports when there is a team (for the same school) that corresponds to their sex at birth, but not everything in the world has to do with transexuals.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 4th, 2023 at 7:24:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Mission146
I don't know what this has to do with transgender athletes.
perhaps only Newsweek had the facts, or the scoop, read the article, some brave soul revealed it

who the hell else would want to play field hockey?

I wouldn't doubt the school has a policy to not confirm it anymore, because the Truth Would Set Them Back
November 4th, 2023 at 7:26:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Mission146
I don't know what this has to do with transgender athletes. All of the local (to Massachusetts) news sources are reporting that it was a boy/male, so this has precisely nothing to do with the transgender question.

It also has nothing to do with any federal law. Massachusetts State Law (for many years) has been that boys can play on girls' teams if the school in question does not have a boys team. Also, girls may play on boys' teams if the school in question does not have a girls team.

It would seem (judging from their Youtube videos of games) that Swampscott (the school from which the boy took the shot leading to injury) does not have a boys field hockey team; therefore, pursuant to Massachusetts state law, he can play with the girls if he wants to.

The ability for individuals to play on teams that are the opposite of their sex came about by way of a 1979 ruling against the MIAA. In other words, the law has been in place for nearly 45 years, long before the transgender people in sports debate was even a major discussion. Hell, longer than I've been alive.

And, once again, the event in question didn't involve a trans person anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also generally opposed to transgendered people participating in amateur team sports when there is a team (for the same school) that corresponds to their sex at birth, but not everything in the world has to do with transexuals.
the state law was made a long time ago in order to allow girls to play in boy's sports and now we see unintended consequences

Oh, yes, there is great irony here for all those who were all in on the former notion and don't like the unintended results of today
November 4th, 2023 at 7:34:22 AM permalink
odiousgambit
If it is a transgender , then she should sue all these news organizations and the school system for mis-gendering her, almost as hurtful as a puck to the mouth
November 4th, 2023 at 7:39:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Contact sports' injuries only matter if a transgender involved. That's what I see so far.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2023 at 7:48:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
perhaps only Newsweek had the facts, or the scoop, read the article, some brave soul revealed it

who the hell else would want to play field hockey?

I wouldn't doubt the school has a policy to not confirm it anymore, because the Truth Would Set Them Back

Even if it had been a trans athlete, it would still be irrelevant. Who was the brave soul? A random commenter?

Besides that, even if it had been a transgender person, it could (in theory) have been done by a boy anyway as boys are allowed to play on girls' teams when there is not a boys team available for the sport, as I have already detailed.

In other words, because of Massachusetts' long-standing law, accepting as true the individual is transgender, it would still be strictly irrelevant to whether or not they can play on that team if there is no boy's team available for field hockey, which there isn't.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 4th, 2023 at 7:49:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
the state law was made a long time ago in order to allow girls to play in boy's sports and now we see unintended consequences

Oh, yes, there is great irony here for all those who were all in on the former notion and don't like the unintended results of today

I think the law being made for the specific purpose of allowing individuals to play on teams opposite their sex when there is no team corresponding to their sex available resulting in people playing on teams of the opposite sex when there is no team corresponding to their sex available was the precise intent of the law.
November 4th, 2023 at 7:51:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
If it is a transgender , then she should sue all these news organizations and the school system for mis-gendering her, almost as hurtful as a puck to the mouth

I'm only telling you what the local news coverage said. All of those outlets referred to this person as boy/male. If you don't like me telling you that, then you can do your own research in the future.