Is Covid over?

August 28th, 2023 at 2:38:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Golly. The COVID virus has mutated many times. This ain’t news!!! So a new vaccine will be designed to be most effective against the newer variant. Gee. That was easy.

So how many jabs do you intend to get?
The President is a fink.
August 28th, 2023 at 3:28:59 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The new fake variant is BS-24/7.
August 28th, 2023 at 8:34:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

Not sure of course. I spoke with my doctor whose guidance I trust. She expects for those like me a new shot will be available either September or October. Once it’s available, I’ll get it. There was chatter about having a combined flu/COVID vaccine, but it doesn’t appear that that will be available.

As much as I tout the clear positive benefit/risk ratio for the vaccine, I in general don’t want to take vaccines. For many years when offered a flu shot I declined. Then one year I lost a week of my life with the flu. I’ve gotten the flu shot ever since. Last doctor visit got a tetanus booster. Last year got Shingrix. I’m a pin cushion and don’t like it. But the evidence is clear. With modern medicine we are living longer AND having a better quality of life into our 80’s and 90’s. Before all this medical stuff you were lucky to make it to 60.

So to answer your question, unless new evidence arises, I plan on getting a single booster this fall.
August 28th, 2023 at 8:47:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
Not sure of course. I spoke with my doctor whose guidance I trust. She expects for those like me a new shot will be available either September or October. Once it’s available, I’ll get it. There was chatter about having a combined flu/COVID vaccine, but it doesn’t appear that that will be available.

As much as I tout the clear positive benefit/risk ratio for the vaccine, I in general don’t want to take vaccines. For many years when offered a flu shot I declined. Then one year I lost a week of my life with the flu. I’ve gotten the flu shot ever since. Last doctor visit got a tetanus booster. Last year got Shingrix. I’m a pin cushion and don’t like it. But the evidence is clear. With modern medicine we are living longer AND having a better quality of life into our 80’s and 90’s. Before all this medical stuff you were lucky to make it to 60.

So to answer your question, unless new evidence arises, I plan on getting a single booster this fall.

I will take the next shot also, based on my doctor's advice.

I will also question any mandates that come about. You want to mask up? Do it. Don't make others do it. You want to stay home and not go out? Fine, just don't shut businesses down.

Covid will spike. Any drastic actions should be based on real dangers, not fear.
August 28th, 2023 at 12:09:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
More than half of US dog owners expressed concerns about vaccinating their dogs, including against rabies, according to a new study published Saturday in the journal Vaccine. The study comes as anti-vaccine sentiments among humans have exploded in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.

In the new study, the authors surveyed 2,200 people and found 53% had some concern about the safety, efficacy or necessity of canine vaccines. Nearly 40% were concerned that vaccines could cause dogs to develop autism, a theory without any scientific merit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/more-dog-owners-are-questioning-vaccines-like-rabies-after-covid/ar-AA1fSNE1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bcb139c304634f83a5605f2bf268959c&ei=14
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2023 at 6:29:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Fair warning, everyone!!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2023 at 10:22:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 24th, 2023 at 10:40:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Gonna pass on watching anything superspreader Paul has to say about Covid.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2023 at 2:23:24 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Today Trump and his lawyers were yapping and complaining in court that 2 people from the AG's office in the trial caught OCIVD and Trump wanted the trial delayed. The judge noted they weren't wearing masks, and said the trial will continue and N95 masks are available for all who wanted one in the courtroom. Dude is a OCVID denier, but wanted to use COVID to delay the trial.
October 24th, 2023 at 4:14:08 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

No idea! I’ll consult with my super smart trustworthy ID doctor friend if it’s ever unclear to me. I get a flu shot every year since a few decades ago when I got a horrible case of the flu. It seems to be trending that the recommendation for COVID shots will be annual as well. I’ll be getting my next one in a week or so.

To remind you, I get one jab a day for my diabetes, so as much as I don’t like being jabbed, it’s really no big deal.