Ukraine conflict

September 12th, 2022 at 8:51:40 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
????????????
He murdered 5 innocent people
These people were simply doing their jobs moving the mail.
Bob Stevens, Thomas Morris Jr., Joseph Curseen, Kathy Nguyen, Ottilie Lundgren
May they rest in Peace
Let's not forget postal workers disabled for life
Bruce Ivins , the scientist, was a total sicko

My comment was supposed to be sarcasm. Obviously it failed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 12th, 2022 at 9:12:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich

The lefties here do not get satire or sarcasm. The take everything literally.
The President is a fink.
September 12th, 2022 at 12:52:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich

Come on DRich!!!! You post you want a war killing millions because it will be interesting to you! And later you actually expect someone to tell when you are being sarcastic? I hope MOST of your posts are sarcastic but I know they are not!!!
September 12th, 2022 at 2:12:34 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
There is no such thing as "pro-Russia right." Russia is a leftist ideology.

"Many" <> "most." Russia has a larger army, larger population, nukes, and had taken Crime at will. That is many real advantages on the Russian side. You really need to get your information from a source other than PMSNBC.

No, Russia is far right. Its about as socially conservative as you can get outside of the Middle East (even more so than some Middle Eastern Countries). Modern Russia (not the USSR) is extremely conservative. There is a reason Russia supports U.S. Republicans (I am not saying U.S. Republicans support Russia, though some do).

Russia has a stronger military on face value, but that is why you need to look at more complex factors. Russia has lost their goodwill, they had no chance to annex Ukraine as I have been saying. You can have more numbers on paper, when you are actually in-country, everything changes. Ukraine has a lot of things going for it that people do not understand, strong patriotism, will to defend, local militias (not counted as part of the military) are common (like real militias that actually do tactical training, not the kind we have in the U.S. that are basically redneck beerfests.....)

Russia has been throwing everything they have (and can get from other countries) at Ukraine, short of Nukes, and they are losing ground. To think they are winning is beyond a far cry, they are struggling to hold the area near their border.

The right has been wrong about this all along. First people who said Russia would invade after the Olympics were "anti-Russian Alarmists", then people who said Russia will not take Ukraine are, "Pro-Nazi", the idea that Tucker Carlson has the answers is absurd, the closest thing to military or foreign policy experience he has is applying to the CIA (and being rejected).

What we do know for sure, is the sanctions against Russia should be permanent until Putin is removed from power, and that Ukraine should be expediently entered into NATO at the end of the conflict. And, Russia should be forced to give up nuclear weapons through International Consensus (this is the main reason they can get away with such actions, this will be hard until Putin is removed).
September 12th, 2022 at 3:05:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
No, Russia is far right. Its about as socially conservative as you can get outside of the Middle East (even more so than some Middle Eastern Countries). Modern Russia (not the USSR) is extremely conservative. There is a reason Russia supports U.S. Republicans (I am not saying U.S. Republicans support Russia, though some do).

I think you need to learn what left and right mean politically. Russia was communist, or "left" for those of you in Rio Linda, for 70 or so years. They still practice state ownership and control of many industries. Again, "left" for those of you in Rio Linda. Socially, Russia loves abortion like the left does here.

All I am going to say about is as I do not have time for your nonsense and hate talk.
The President is a fink.
September 12th, 2022 at 3:26:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
I think you need to learn what left and right mean politically. Russia was communist, or "left" for those of you in Rio Linda, for 70 or so years. They still practice state ownership and control of many industries. Again, "left" for those of you in Rio Linda. Socially, Russia loves abortion like the left does here.

All I am going to say about is as I do not have time for your nonsense and hate talk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Russia#:~:text=%5E%20a%3A%20United%20Russia%20does%20not,right%20parties%20in%20Western%20Europe.
(Putin's Party, and the Party that controls Russia)

"United Russia does not have a coherent ideology but has been described by various sources as centrist, centre-right, or right-wing. While United Russia is not considered a far-right party, there is controversy over its support for far-right parties in Western Europe."

(As for abortions, there are actually less than under the Soviet Union, and it continues to get more restrictive, including mandatory waiting periods, a 12 week limit, and the ability for Doctors to refuse to perform abortions for any reason, sure not as bad -yet- as some far right States in the U.S., but its getting close, and far worse than the majority of the U.S.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia#Current_law
September 12th, 2022 at 4:13:33 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
Come on DRich!!!! You post you want a war killing millions because it will be interesting to you! And later you actually expect someone to tell when you are being sarcastic? I hope MOST of your posts are sarcastic but I know they are not!!!

You are correct, most are not sarcastic.
September 15th, 2022 at 5:52:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-says-supplying-weapons-ukraine-190204850.html

Even the Pope supports Ukraine :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 15th, 2022 at 6:26:48 PM permalink
DRich
The last week has been incredible for Ukraine. Unless Russia declares war and sends a lot of troops it will be over before the end of the year. Unfortunately, there will be some sort of peace negotiation just so Russia can save a little face with their own people..
September 15th, 2022 at 6:34:24 PM permalink
Gandler
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/zelenskiy-sees-damage-recaptured-towns-russia-strikes-citys-water-system-2022-09-14/

It Putin loses China, its over. I mean its already over, but even quicker.

Either way winter is coming and the invasion will be even more short supplied than they have been. It would not surprise me if this war (sorry "Special Operation") is over before 2024, they may try to drag it on for another year for popular opinion.