Ukraine conflict

February 15th, 2022 at 4:26:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
I find it quite disturbing that major powers still feel constrained to engage in wars of conquest.

Given nuclear proliferation any aggression could result in world annihilation.

What fools these mortals be!

Human nature doesn't change much.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2022 at 4:30:37 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Before they gave up their 5,000 nuclear arms, thirty years ago, Ukraine was the third largest nuclear power on the planet.

"Ukraine Gave Up a Giant Nuclear Arsenal 30 Years Ago. Today There Are Regrets"
February 15th, 2022 at 4:43:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The development of more and more dangerous weapons is highly unlikely to ever stop. Who knows what everyone will eventually face.

Quote:
China is developing brain control weapons that could be used to paralyze and control opponents instead of killing them, the US has alleged.

America has sanctioned China's Academy of Military Medical Sciences and 11 affiliated research institutes for using 'biotechnology' to support the armed forces including 'purported brain-control weaponry'.

The Commerce Department, which blacklisted the Chinese institutes, did not go into detail about the weapons - but a separate tranche of military documents penned in 2019 gives hints at what Beijing is trying to achieve.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10355211/China-working-brain-control-weaponry-paralyze-control-opponents.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 16th, 2022 at 3:12:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I find it quite disturbing that major powers still feel constrained to engage in wars of conquest.

It is human nature, which never changes. People naturally want to expand their territory.
The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2022 at 3:13:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tanko
Before they gave up their 5,000 nuclear arms, thirty years ago, Ukraine was the third largest nuclear power on the planet.

Those bombs might have been useless by now. I believe nuclear weapons have a BEST BY date. Ukraine would not have been able to maintain them on their own.
The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2022 at 6:02:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Nuclear annihilation still means that your opponent loses.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 16th, 2022 at 12:44:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman

Those bombs might have been useless by now. I believe nuclear weapons have a BEST BY date. Ukraine would not have been able to maintain them on their own.

Huh?

I'd have thought Moscow would have removed and shipped all nuclear materials out while things the USSR fell apart.
February 16th, 2022 at 12:55:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: AZDuffman

Huh?

I'd have thought Moscow would have removed and shipped all nuclear materials out while things the USSR fell apart.

Nope. That was a lot to move and it was safer in the silos than a warehouse. At the breakup Ukraine instantly said "get them out of here."
The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2022 at 5:01:32 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The US bought 450 metric tons of that Russian nuclear material to generate electricity in our nuclear power plants.

Russian Nukes Power American Homes
February 16th, 2022 at 6:16:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The US bought 450 metric tons of that Russian nuclear material to generate electricity in our nuclear power plants.

Russian Nukes Power American Homes

Gee
Capitalism
You buy from the cheapest supplier
This is newsworthy?
Hmm, maybe newsworthy here if Tanko is complaining about capitalism or not enough govt regulations lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"