Ukraine conflict

Page 122 of 124« First<119120121122123124>
May 19th, 2023 at 3:16:16 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Likely predominantly Blackrock and JPM using derivatives.

Since Trump is for peace, they had to steal the election to steal the land.

Link to article in post.

--------------------------

Robert F. Kennedy Jr

May 17, 2023

Ukraine is world’s 3rd-largest debtor to IMF. In 2020 IMF + World Bank gave Ukraine new loans on condition it remove restrictions on collateralization + sale of land. Translation: massive transfer from smallholder farmers to oligarchs + Western investors.

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1658877627287891968

-------------------------
May 19th, 2023 at 3:32:31 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Three screen shots in the post.

Ukraine has minerals to be exploited.

The bankers will grab as much land as they can.

Bernie's Tweets

May 17, 2023

WAR - It’s not like they didn’t tell you the real reason beforehand.

It was printed in plain sight. You were just diverted from the truth.

We are fighting over rare earth and the great riches it will bring to the few at the cost of the very very many!

https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1658932798835630086

May 22nd, 2023 at 6:31:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Ukraine found an unlikely tool to resist Russia: Solar panels

a growing number of Ukrainian hospitals, schools, police stations and other critical buildings are racing to install solar power ahead of what many expect will be another hard winter later this year.

A less carbon-intense, decentralized energy system is emerging as a key element of Ukraine’s reconstruction efforts. Seven months of Russian attacks on the energy grid have left it severely damaged. Ukrainian doctors, teachers and others have discovered that efforts to boost sustainability can also improve security by making it harder to knock power offline.

Yup, solar energy can be decentralized that short of keeping the skies blackened a modest amount of sun can at least aid critical areas. You don't have to worry about your nuclear plant being isolated, damaged or destroyed. Or your coal plant, or your dam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-solutions/2023/05/20/ukraine-solar-hospitals-attack-russia/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2023 at 7:30:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
It sounds like the Ukranian offensive may have started today. I look forward to see how much ground they can take by the end of the week.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 7th, 2023 at 6:22:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Not sure I agree with the idea of using cluster munitions in Ukraine with the rationale that it is only going to be used on pure military positions. Doesn't that open the door to arguing, why not use nerve gas, or thermobaric munitions if it's just on a confined military position?

Those thermobaric bombs can take out a whole battalion of close quartered troops in bunkers.

Or maybe the idea is, to point out the idea that if Russia starts using them, so will Ukraine. I suppose that could work. Still seems risky. War is a dangerous game of calculations, no doubt.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2023 at 8:16:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Not sure I agree with the idea of using cluster munitions in Ukraine with the rationale that it is only going to be used on pure military positions. Doesn't that open the door to arguing, why not use nerve gas, or thermobaric munitions if it's just on a confined military position?

Those thermobaric bombs can take out a whole battalion of close quartered troops in bunkers.

Or maybe the idea is, to point out the idea that if Russia starts using them, so will Ukraine. I suppose that could work. Still seems risky. War is a dangerous game of calculations, no doubt.

Russia has already been using cluster bombs. They are great for anti-personnel weapons. The biggest argument against them is they they do not all explode and some will be lying around where civilians may actually find them and then they explode when handled.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 13th, 2023 at 6:13:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
“If the United States supplies cluster munitions to Ukraine, the Russian Armed Forces will be forced to use similar weapons against the Armed Forces of Ukraine as a response.”

It won't be the first time.

Wonder if the Russians will eventually secrete themselves among Ukrainians civilians.

I do have to give the Russians more credit than the worst terrorists. Watched an interview with 3 formerly captured Ukrainian women. All were captured separately. But according to the women, only Ukrainian men were raped. However everyone was tortured including the women.

Okay? Still, I guess that is better.
August 23rd, 2023 at 10:26:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Welp.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66599733

Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin 'on board' crashed Russian plane
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 23rd, 2023 at 10:36:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Welp.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66599733

Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin 'on board' crashed Russian plane

Guess they couldn’t get him to an open window on a multi-story building.
August 23rd, 2023 at 10:37:59 AM permalink
rxwine
I used to think Kim Jong Un was unmatched in ruthlessness but Putin is doing a good job at it.
Page 122 of 124« First<119120121122123124>