April 16th, 2022 at 5:44:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
What games are you referring to?

OMG
Was surfing and saw a USFL game
You gotta be kidding me Drich
USFL as opposed to say Curry or Ohtani???????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 17th, 2022 at 5:00:28 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Profesional football???????
WTF
Ohtani hit 2 home runs last nite and the NBA playoffs are starting up

I don't watch much NBA but I follow the scores and storylines. With baseball I will watch some on TV but rarely watch all 9 innings of a game. I love going to baseball games at almost any level. Next week I plan on going to a Mighty Mussel's game.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 17th, 2022 at 5:04:29 AM permalink
DRich
What games are you referring to?

I was referring to the New Jersey Generals vs the Birmingham Stallions. I see the Houston vs Michigan game was moved to today so there are three games today.
April 17th, 2022 at 5:05:54 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Evenbob
Watching professional sports is where you verify on a daily basis that you have no real life. Because if you did have a real life you would not spend one minute of it watching sports, a stupid pastime dreamed up to fill people's empty lives with artificial nonsense that has no meaning whatsoever.

You watch movies and TV and I watch sports, they are all time wasters.
April 17th, 2022 at 7:09:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Watching professional sports is where you verify on a daily basis that you have no real life. Because if you did have a real life you would not spend one minute of it watching sports, a stupid pastime dreamed up to fill people's empty lives with artificial nonsense that has no meaning whatsoever.

This is true.

Be like EB, spend every second of every day hitting refresh on the Dilbert guy’s Twitter feed to see what he has to say next!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 17th, 2022 at 7:29:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
This is true.

Be like EB, spend every second of every day hitting refresh on the Dilbert guy’s Twitter feed to see what he has to say next!

Twitter???????
Talk about a waste of time
Deleted and not coming back
EB and the Dilbert guy are not on Truth social
WTF
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 17th, 2022 at 11:29:08 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288

Oh, is THAT where he gets his marching orders?

Whatever, it is very telling that EB, aka Spike, recently called me out and then failed to show up / follow through with his myopic, ill-advised challenge to tangle with me on an unmoderated board.

There is a word for guys like him and it is NOT flattering.

Query: is there much difference between welshing on a bet and welshing on a challenge?
April 17th, 2022 at 12:01:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
I was referring to the New Jersey Generals vs the Birmingham Stallions. I see the Houston vs Michigan game was moved to today so there are three games today.
I found out this fall that ESPN radio in Alaska is broadcasting hi school sporting events. I was thrilled to be able to see my grandkids playing sports in Soldotna. Almost like being there. I liked that better than college sports, but each to their own.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 17th, 2022 at 2:39:36 PM permalink
DRich
I found out this fall that ESPN radio in Alaska is broadcasting hi school sporting events. I was thrilled to be able to see my grandkids playing sports in Soldotna. Almost like being there. I liked that better than college sports, but each to their own.

That is fantastic that you get to see the family play. Are you watching many of the high school games that your grandkids are not involved in? If you are that is even better, a true high school sports fan.
April 17th, 2022 at 3:34:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
That is fantastic that you get to see the family play. Are you watching many of the high school games that your grandkids are not involved in? If you are that is even better, a true high school sports fan.
No, mostly just the grandkids. One of them though is on the cheerleader team, if I catch them going through a drill I check them out. I was always a bit of a gymnastics fan.

"If you are interested in it though, the coach has quite a long record, you might read up on him,"

"coach Galen Brantley, Jr.
Over the past decade, Soldotna has been the cream of the crop of Alaska high school football. Head coach Galen Brantley, Jr., a Soldotna alum, has led the Stars to 11 state titles in the last 14 years. Coming into 2021, the Stars have won eight straight Division II state championships.Jul 7, 2021"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW