The Biden Presidency 2022

April 15th, 2022 at 12:10:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
If he was standing in my front yard I would probably go out there but that's as much effort as he deserves. I don't understand what would be settled with two guys in their 70s physically confronting each other. What would that accomplish. Real life is not a Marvel movie.

A Youtube video of that interaction would be a lot more interesting than your posts.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 15th, 2022 at 12:33:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
A Youtube video of that interaction would be a lot more interesting than your posts.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2022 at 2:26:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

How would you know. You think eating nothing but fast food laying on the couch or in bed all day watching sports is interesting. You're the last person I would go to for an opinion on what's interesting and what's not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2022 at 5:13:45 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
How would you know. You think eating nothing but fast food laying on the couch or in bed all day watching sports is interesting. You're the last person I would go to for an opinion on what's interesting and what's not.

I eat very little fast food but the rest is true. Bob, I hope you are as excited as I am that we have professional football starting again tonight. Two games tonight and two tomorrow.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 16th, 2022 at 7:46:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I eat very little fast food but the rest is true. Bob, I hope you are as excited as I am that we have professional football starting again tonight. Two games tonight and two tomorrow.

Profesional football???????
WTF
Ohtani hit 2 home runs last nite and the NBA playoffs are starting up
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 16th, 2022 at 1:53:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Watching professional sports is where you verify on a daily basis that you have no real life. Because if you did have a real life you would not spend one minute of it watching sports, a stupid pastime dreamed up to fill people's empty lives with artificial nonsense that has no meaning whatsoever.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2022 at 2:25:02 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
Profesional football???????
WTF
Ohtani hit 2 home runs last nite and the NBA playoffs are starting up

Saw that game. Joe Maddon intentionally walked Rangers Corey Seager with the bases loaded to put his team two runs down. I was absolutely shocked. Turns out there’s a good reason I’ve never seen that before. It’s only happened twice before in my lifetime. Not sure it was a smart move but it was bold, I’ll give Maddon that.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 16th, 2022 at 2:48:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What games are you referring to?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 16th, 2022 at 3:37:11 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Watching professional sports is where you verify on a daily basis that you have no real life. Because if you did have a real life you would not spend one minute of it watching sports, a stupid pastime dreamed up to fill people's empty lives with artificial nonsense that has no meaning whatsoever.

Here we go again...

Many of us who enjoy watching sports have previously or still do participate in same: we enjoyed / enjoy it.

Watching sports helps to vicariously dissipate our instinctive urge to engage in combat with others.

Maybe in the big scheme of things people will get more points for posting vapid thoughts online with photos of culinary abominations as opposed to watching the Super Bowl?
April 16th, 2022 at 4:34:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Here we go again...

Many of us who enjoy watching sports have previously or still do participate in same: we enjoyed / enjoy it.

Watching sports helps to vicariously dissipate our instinctive urge to engage in combat with others.

Maybe in the big scheme of things people will get more points for posting vapid thoughts online with photos of culinary abominations as opposed to watching the Super Bowl?

Back in the days of newspapers
The sports section documented all of Man's achievements
The front page section documented all of Man's failures
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"