Muzzled

Page 3 of 5<12345>
June 5th, 2021 at 7:39:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hey RonC. Nice to hear from you.

I read up a bit on sedition and treason, and that possibly it could be used more times in the past. I’m not sure if prosecutors are somewhat reluctant to act on such serious crimes in the political realm as they can be interpreted in the worst way as political suppression of a viewpoint when Americans are involved.

It’s not so hard, when we have a real foreign spy at work to bring the big charges. Also, most protestors who engage in illegal acts almost always get charged with lessor offenses, so less rarely do they ever escape unscathed.

But I’m reading a bit into what I’ve read also.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2021 at 7:55:30 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Hey RonC. Nice to hear from you.

I read up a bit on sedition and treason, and that possibly it could be used more times in the past. I’m not sure if prosecutors are somewhat reluctant to act on such serious crimes in the political realm as they can be interpreted in the worst way as political suppression of a viewpoint when Americans are involved.

It’s not so hard, when we have a real foreign spy at work to bring the big charges. Also, most protestors who engage in illegal acts almost always get charged with lessor offenses, so less rarely do they ever escape unscathed.

But I’m reading a bit into what I’ve read also.

I am not sure if they have arrested and charged "enough" of either the 1/6 rioters or the other rioters bent on destructing property. I am all for peaceful protest and even okay with demonstrations that interrupt things in the public square (sitting in a building or a park), though the latter does make it possible to end up with charges. My line with both the 1/6 people and the people regularly protesting is when they begin destroying both government and business property (and also any personal property). I've got no time for them and lots of them should be charged. There is no right in the Constitution to destroy property.

I am saddened by the lawlessness of those who destroy the symbolism of a peaceful, yet forceful, protest.

On another note, I may comment here once in a while but I got tired of everyone arguing past each other. I have enjoyed catching up on the different threads and especially the big RV retirement thread.
June 5th, 2021 at 8:22:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC

On another note, I may comment here once in a while but I got tired of everyone arguing past each other.

Meditation or blood pressure medicine. Either probably works.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2021 at 9:06:10 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Meditation or blood pressure medicine. Either probably works.

Reading the back and forth is also relaxing. Not reading it, even more so. Actual conversations and study of things can lead to changes in opinion, sometimes large and sometimes small. Sometimes my opinion, sometimes another person's.
June 5th, 2021 at 9:14:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It isn’t just liberals who want Donny muzzled:

Trump Allies Beg Him Not to Bring Up August ‘Reinstatement’ This Weekend, or Ever
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 5th, 2021 at 10:20:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Speaking of CNN, I think there used to be a time, they were just 24hr more traditional news, but just around the world for different time zones.

Newspeople should be judged on their accuracy and full reporting of facts. Sometimes I agree with Geraldo, but why the hell is he qualified to talk on anything but a legal question or running a talk show? (I believe he's a lawyer) Professional blabbermouths need to be put in their proper place. I opt for a big disclaimer on every one on these half-ass news like show. It should be in big transparent letters over the screen. "What the hell do these people know?" That goes for Rush and others on radio, even though you can't see 'em. Most of them just rile people and solve nothing. And they get paid for it.

Hell, I put the same disclaimer on what I just wrote.
June 5th, 2021 at 10:52:16 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: RonC
I may comment here once in a while but I got tired of everyone arguing past each other.

Political forums are an outhouse where posters each drop their load and argue about whose smells the worst.
June 5th, 2021 at 12:57:02 PM permalink
ams288
They’re going to take back the White House “sooner than you think.”

What on earth could he mean by that?

Any righties care to comment? Or are you still going to try and pretend he hasn’t completely lost his mind?

June 5th, 2021 at 1:01:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Weird pic of Donny: he almost looks like a fat Joe Biden.

I guess that's what getting run over by the old age bus does to you.
June 5th, 2021 at 1:36:39 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: missedhervee
Weird pic of Donny: he almost looks like a fat Joe Biden.

I guess that's what getting run over by the old age bus does to you.

He’s definitely aged a lot more in the past few months than he did in four years as president.

Guess that’s what happens to a criminal when he loses his immunity from being indicted....
Page 3 of 5<12345>