Israel under Siege

Page 16 of 17« First<1314151617>
August 29th, 2021 at 10:44:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
The Squad is a joke and certainly do not speak for the Democratic Party.

Oh, but they totally do. Unless you want to show me a bunch of liberals denouncing them. They are the face of today's Democrat Party. They are the rising start. Vote Democrat and you are voting to advance them.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2021 at 12:35:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Oh, but they totally do. Unless you want to show me a bunch of liberals denouncing them. They are the face of today's Democrat Party. They are the rising start. Vote Democrat and you are voting to advance them.

There are dozens, this was the first story if you search "Omar condemned by Democrats" :

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/group-house-democrats-condemn-rep-omar-remarks-about-u-s-n1270290
August 29th, 2021 at 9:44:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Squad is a joke and certainly do not speak for the Democratic Party.

They're not supposed to
They speak for the areas they represent
Anyway
They are just a few votes
but
You would think they are party leaders considering how much conservative press they get
Righties really obsess over a few House votes. Weird. The size of this caucus is TINY.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2021 at 6:54:02 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
They're not supposed to
They speak for the areas they represent
Anyway
They are just a few votes
but
You would think they are party leaders considering how much conservative press they get
Righties really obsess over a few House votes. Weird. The size of this caucus is TINY.

Exactly, they are like 4 or 5 people who are not really even taken seriously by most Dems. But, conservatives fixate on them.

Unlike Republican wackos like Trump who are the mainstream of the party (former President).... And Republicans also have far more house members that are wacky as well....
August 30th, 2021 at 7:03:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Exactly, they are like 4 or 5 people who are not really even taken seriously by most Dems. But, conservatives fixate on them.

I take them seriously
I don't take say MTG seriously
She's a total dumb wacko
The members of the squad are not dummies like MTG
The squad are comprised of very intelligent individuals that lean left
MTG is a complete moron that leans right
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2021 at 7:54:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I take them seriously
I don't take say MTG seriously
She's a total dumb wacko
The members of the squad are not dummies like MTG
The squad are comprised of very intelligent individuals that lean left
MTG is a complete moron that leans right

I don't take MTG seriously. I take the squad seriously because they are part of the party in power and seem to have a good bit of influence.

Their education is just about the same overall--a law degree for one, a two year degree for another, etc.--and I don't consider any of the "very intelligent." That is the last thing I would think listening to them support their positions. They aren't nearly as compelling at presenting a good argument for their positions as many of their counterparts. To me, the five of them are in the bottom third of their peers as far as that goes.

Educations per Wikipedia...

University of Georgia (1996), South Forsyth High School (1992)
Boston University College of Arts and Sciences (2011), Yorktown High School (2007)
College of General Studies (1992–1994), Francis W. Parker School
North Dakota State University (2011), Edison High School
Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Southwestern High School, Wayne State University
August 31st, 2021 at 2:52:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: RonC
I don't take MTG seriously. I take the squad seriously because they are part of the party in power and seem to have a good bit of influence.

Their education is just about the same overall--a law degree for one, a two year degree for another, etc.--and I don't consider any of the "very intelligent." That is the last thing I would think listening to them support their positions. They aren't nearly as compelling at presenting a good argument for their positions as many of their counterparts. To me, the five of them are in the bottom third of their peers as far as that goes.

Educations per Wikipedia...

University of Georgia (1996), South Forsyth High School (1992)
Boston University College of Arts and Sciences (2011), Yorktown High School (2007)
College of General Studies (1992–1994), Francis W. Parker School
North Dakota State University (2011), Edison High School
Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Southwestern High School, Wayne State University

What happened to more degrees and better GPA not equaling or even indicating success?

Or does that only apply for Trump?
September 6th, 2021 at 3:37:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
What happened to more degrees and better GPA not equaling or even indicating success?

Or does that only apply for Trump?

Trump intelligently articulates his positions. The Squad sound like the are vomiting up "The Communist Manifesto."
The President is a fink.
September 6th, 2021 at 5:00:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
Trump intelligently articulates his positions. The Squad sound like the are vomiting up "The Communist Manifesto."

Yes, but I am not comparing Trump and the Squad (who I have already made clear that I am no fan of) But, Biden and Trump....

Also, Trump "intelligently artoculating his position", is more than a bit of a stretch (besides the fact that he routinely changes positions....)
September 7th, 2021 at 2:36:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Yes, but I am not comparing Trump and the Squad (who I have already made clear that I am no fan of) But, Biden and Trump....

No comparison. Trump is far more intelligent than Biden. Biden looks clueless when he talks. He is clueless when he governs. He is that guy in the office that they promote because it is "his turn" for promotion. His whole administration is sort of a ship adrift at sea with no real direction other than "if Trump did it we do the opposite!" as navigation.

Fall should be fun as people who refused to pay their rent finally get booted to the street and people who have been refusing to work lose their supplemental unemployment. Biden and The Squad will be crying crocodile tears. They will set the Democrat Party up as the party for lazy people in 2022!
The President is a fink.
Page 16 of 17« First<1314151617>