2024 Presidential election

Page 1 of 212>
April 24th, 2021 at 4:06:26 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I wonder who the Republicans will nominate for President next election?

I hope it won't be Trump, but regardless of how I feel about him I doubt he'll get the nod: too polarizing and hey, we haven't even seen what kind of criminal trouble the NY DA and others may have in store for him.

I'd probably not vote Libertarian if they ran a moderate.

I see Pence is trying to poise himself for a run, but I hope someone else rises to the top.

Wonder who it will be, and will he / she be a Trumpie or a moderate?
April 24th, 2021 at 4:35:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Ron DeSantis seems like the current non-Donny frontrunner.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 24th, 2021 at 5:37:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Ron DeSantis seems like the current non-Donny frontrunner.

A couple years back, I was pretty sure Rick Scott was positioning himself for a run, but I think he's been outshined by the rise of DeSantis.

I don't want to see either of them as President, but I really won't be surprised if DeSantis runs.

I don't really see any of the former reruns that ran against Trump having a future run. Doesn't mean they don't want to though. I don't think Cruz or Perry have any real chance of winning the popular or electoral vote. Jeb's not coming back. Don't think Romney is ever coming back and he's become too divisive for the Trump holdovers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2021 at 5:48:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Oh yeah, anyone think Tucker Carlson will actually run? Or is that just a nasty rumor?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2021 at 5:51:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Can Nikkie Haley wiggle her way into it? Not sure.
April 24th, 2021 at 5:55:55 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
Can Nikkie Haley wiggle her way into it? Not sure.

No. The people who vote in GOP primaries will never choose Nikki Haley.
April 25th, 2021 at 3:22:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

I don't really see any of the former reruns that ran against Trump having a future run. Doesn't mean they don't want to though. I don't think Cruz or Perry have any real chance of winning the popular or electoral vote. Jeb's not coming back. Don't think Romney is ever coming back and he's become too divisive for the Trump holdovers.

Trump showed Jeb for what he is, a low-energy guy who thought he should have the nomination handed to him. Romney is done at a national level. His only chance is Democrats in open-primary states crossing over to vote for the traitor of the GOP.

Trump has a good chance as he is the only guy around who gives off the needed energy to win. And the only one who actually stands up to the Democrat attack machine. Still too early to see what newcomer might emerge. But there should be someone who watched Trump and learned the lessons of how to win.

They should have a good chance considering we might have a depression, hyperinflation, or both by 2024. Then he can continue the GOP tradition of cleaning up the mess Democrats leave behind.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2021 at 4:46:25 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Then he can continue the GOP tradition of cleaning up the mess Democrats leave behind.

I think Duffman is a bit confused....
May 3rd, 2021 at 10:19:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-republicans-reportedly-fear-miscalculated-162333789.html

Florida Republicans reportedly fear they miscalculated on new voting restrictions

Their base in this state are the elderly that like to vote by mail
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 3rd, 2021 at 10:40:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-republicans-reportedly-fear-miscalculated-162333789.html

Florida Republicans reportedly fear they miscalculated on new voting restrictions

Their base in this state are the elderly that like to vote by mail

Good, they reap what they sow. I have long claimed that mail in ballots (at least in many states) help Republicans more. They rely on old people to vote. There are no young Republicans (yes there literally are some, but statistically irrelevant), as their base ages and becomes more home bound their voting turnout will decrease if they make mail in ballots complicated or just hard to obtain in the first place.

I know some old people that don't even know what a computer is, how are they doing to register online, scan their ID, make copies, etc.... The answer is, they simply won't. Many seniors don't even have a computer or smart phone let along scanner etc...

That being said, in the short term this is probably a good thing in Florida (a swing state), if the Republicans want to lower the amount of old white people who have their ballots accepted it will just turn the state blue even faster (they pretty much rely on their retired population to win stay red, many people retire to Flordia, very high senior citizen population)....
Page 1 of 212>