Getting real tired of Kamala Harris already.

November 18th, 2021 at 7:25:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
Yeah that explains why his approval rating with a left-wing polling group Quinnipiac, is 36%. Because he's such a whiz-bang consummate Insider and knows how to get things done. Good grief

I'd say he's doing well enough, considering he gets little help from the republicans and has to tap dance with the AOC led progressive morons.

Given what he has to work with I'd call him a success.
November 18th, 2021 at 9:47:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
I'd say he's doing well enough, considering he gets little help from the republicans and has to tap dance with the AOC led progressive morons.

I know you're joking so I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. At 36% not even his own party thinks he's a success. And that's a left-wing poll with the media 95% behind him. That his incredible achievement. Even Jimmy Carter couldn't manage that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 18th, 2021 at 11:38:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Biden is long familiar with Washington politics and its ways, the consummate insider.

Trump was a rogut outsider who for political capital professed not to trust what the establishment said.

He turned to alternate sources for what he considered reliable info, guys such as Bannon snd then other right wing loonies.

And it showed.

It did show. He did not get us into a new war and he got Arab countries to recognize Israel. He did very well on foreign policy.

You have to be an idiot to trust the Washington establishment without question. Just like you have to be an idiot to believe Trump did not take briefings. But believing he did not is just believing the establishment who did all they could to take down an insider who dared crash their little party. So that would make such a person an idiot squared.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2021 at 11:39:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman

But, the presidency is not graded on a curve. He has been a disaster.

Why you expect the GOP to help him given the disgusting way the Democrats treated Trump I have no idea.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2021 at 4:59:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Why you expect the GOP to help him given the disgusting way the Democrats treated Trump I have no idea.

Honestly, it’s super satisfying to me to see the righties still whining about how Donny was treated.

Donny is a vile POS. He was treated exactly as he deserved.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 19th, 2021 at 8:11:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Kamala Harris will have the power of the President while Biden is getting a colonoscopy today.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2021 at 10:21:26 AM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
You have to be an idiot to trust the Washington establishment without question. Just like you have to be an idiot to believe Trump did not take briefings. But believing he did not is just believing the establishment who did all they could to take down an insider who dared crash their little party. So that would make such a person an idiot squared.

You know damned well I espouse both positions and I take both umbrage and exception to your insult.
November 19th, 2021 at 10:41:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You know damned well I espouse both positions and I take both umbrage and exception to your insult.

No insult, just making a general point.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2021 at 11:05:29 AM permalink
missedhervee
Hmmm ... OK then ...
November 21st, 2021 at 9:37:53 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

While his chances of getting "help from the Republicans" were pretty low to start with, he has dashed all hope of that on the rocks with the way he has chosen to act as President. Just like the last President, and every one before him, the President gets to decide how to govern. If you work to bring people together, success may be possible. If your way of getting things done is to speak evil of the guys you want to help you, your chances fall. More so when they see that you have held the door wide open for larger than normal losses in the mid-terms. Blood in the water; here come the sharks.

Nothing is a done deal and maybe the other party finds itself in the majority in at least one body of the two on the Hill and the President tacks a bit away from AOC and the squad and works together with the new majority to get something done.

What would I like to see get done? Immigration reform. Not the Republicans exact idea or that of the Democrats...no, real, well-thought out reform that controls immigration, gets rid of the people who don't belong here, brings all here under the law in some way, and sets a pattern for the next 50 years. I suspect it is next to impossible given that the Congress wastes so much time each session not getting the basics done, but it is something that would really help.