Republican Nominee 2024

Page 2 of 16<12345>Last »
November 30th, 2020 at 6:01:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
No outrage. I actually like Gandler's posts. But didn't you notice how smoothly and easily he suggested the President lie to accomplish a purely political goal? Like it is just second nature?

I am embarrassed by a lot of the Republican party and their blind support for Trump. Just less embarrassed than afraid of an unchecked Democrat party. The House was easily able to stymie the bad of Trump. NO BILL could be passed without Pelosi's permission for the past two years. I hope I can say the same about Biden and McConnell.

When you run for re-election you have a massive advantage by being the incumbent. If Biden wants Harris (or his potential next VP which can be appointed at the next election) to be President, it would be far easier to run and win and then resign after the electoral college votes or after inauguration (doesn't really matter) and gift them the Presidency.

While you are President you have a massive advantage campaigning for a number of reasons.

Is this honest? No (unless he makes his intentions clear, in which case it is still legal to run with the intention of resigning, though this may damage popularity so probably not a smart move). But, it would be effective.
December 1st, 2020 at 7:18:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It appears President Trump is already siphoning money from his "Voter Legal Defense Fund" to his PAC for his next election. I suspected this, because even Trump is smart enough to know it over (but it is a great rallying cry to gain donations from certain demographics), but now it seems that was his intention all along.

We will almost certainly see Trump 2024, with a good probability that he will announce during inauguration…. Wow this is a crazy time in history...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/donald-trump-2024/index.html

"Trump has raised more than $170 million into what purports to be a legal defense fund to help finance his efforts to dispute election results in several swing states. But look closely, and you realize that a large chunk is being diverted to Save America, the leadership PAC formed by the President last month. That PAC, of course, has nothing to do with Trump's legal battles and everything to do with maintaining his power and influence within the Republican Party once he leaves office early next year. It will allow him to donate to candidates as well as finance various trips to support candidates (and raise more money for the PAC.) "

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-considers-2024-campaign-kick-inauguration-day-n1249595

"Regardless of the timing of a campaign announcement, Trump is not expected to attend the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden, according to the people familiar with the discussions. He also does not plan to invite Biden to the White House or even call him, they said. "

Also, apparently he still has yet to call Biden, classy!

Trump seems destined to break every social convention known to humans!
December 2nd, 2020 at 8:45:46 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
The smart move. Run as the incumbent, bank the win and let Jill Biden continue to be President setting up Kamala for 2028

I think Joe Biden will resign in October 2024 and let Kamala run as the incumbent and the first female POTUS.

Teddy Roosevelt was inaugurated as VP on March 4, 1901 and served as POTUS for over 7.5 years from September 14, 1901 – March 4, 1909. There was no constitutional amendment controlling the number of time a POTUS could be re-elected, but tradition had been that a POTUS could only be elected twice. Of course TR was only 50 years old.
He declined to run in 1908, tried to run as a Republican in 1912 but ran as an independent instead. He and Taft split the Republican voters and gave the office to Woodrow Wilson the democrat. Teddy went to the Amazon from December 1913–April 1914, and while he was vocally critical of Woodrow Wilson for not entering WWI, he chose not to run in 1916. He wanted to run again in 1920, but poor health overtook him and he died January 6, 1919 at the age of 60.
December 2nd, 2020 at 9:07:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think Biden is going to have even more trouble appearing mentally sharp, so not buying he can run effectively next time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2020 at 9:09:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
I think Joe Biden will resign in October 2024 and let Kamala run as the incumbent and the first female POTUS.

Too risky if Trump runs again
Maybe if Trump does not run
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 2nd, 2020 at 9:58:20 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: rxwine
I think Biden is going to have even more trouble appearing mentally sharp, so not buying he can run effectively next time.

Biden is very unlikely to crash and burn. I agree that his problem may be to just fade away and seem ineffective. Kamala might crash and burn.

In hindsight if Trump had just kept his mouth shut instead of giving platitudes, he might have won the re-election.

Quote: President Trump on May 8, 2020
Well, I feel about vaccines like I feel about tests. This is going to go away without a vaccine. It’s going to go away, and it’s — we’re not going to see it again, hopefully, after a period of time. You may have some — some flare-ups and I guess, you know, I would expect that. Sometime in the fall, you’ll have flare-ups maybe. Maybe not. But according to what a lot of people say, you probably will. We’ll be able to put them out. You may have some flare-ups next year, but eventually, it’s going to be gone. I mean, it’s going to be gone.

COVID deaths per day in the US
170 Mar 2020
2,023 Apr 2020
1,345 May 2020
670 Jun 2020
849 Jul 2020
955 Aug 2020
784 Sep 2020
772 Oct 2020
1,231 Nov 2020
December 2nd, 2020 at 10:59:22 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Pacomartin

13 Mar 2020
153 Apr 2020
105 May 2020
51 Jun 2020
66 Jul 2020
75 Aug 2020
59 Sep 2020
60 Oct 2020
93 Nov 2020

Can you double check that Paco? Deaths per day in the table above is low by an order of magnitude at least. I think you could add a zero to those numbers and it would still be low.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 3rd, 2020 at 5:04:55 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: JimRockford
Can you double check that Paco?

Mea Culpa. I shouldn't put out numbers without double checking first.

Deaths / day Month
170 Mar 2020
2,023 Apr 2020
1,345 May 2020
670 Jun 2020
849 Jul 2020
955 Aug 2020
784 Sep 2020
772 Oct 2020
1,231 Nov 2020

The big point is November was almost as bad as May. Trump would have been better off if he never went to press conference, and just said we are listening to the experts, even if the experts said it is going to get worse in the fall, just like in 1918. I think he basically lost the election because he stood up there so often and said "it's going away".

======================
You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April.
President Trump
February, 10 2020

China is working very, very hard. I have spoken to President Xi, and they’re working very hard. And if you know anything about him, I think he’ll be in pretty good shape. They’re — they’ve had a rough patch, and I think right now they have it — it looks like they’re getting it under control more and more. They’re getting it more and more under control. So I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away.
President Trump
February 25, 2020

…when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.
President Trump
February 26, 2020

It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.
President Trump
February 27, 2020

I don’t think people are panicking. I said last night — we did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said, ‘Calm. You have to be calm.’ It’ll go away.
President Trump
March 6, 2020

We’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.
President Trump
March 10, 2020

You know, we need a little a separation until such time as this goes away. It’s going to go away. It’s going to go away.
President Trump
March 12, 2020

Stay calm. It will go away. You know it — you know it is going away, and it will go away. And we’re going to have a great victory.
President Trump
March 30, 2020

It’s going to go away, hopefully at the end of the month. And, if not, hopefully it will be soon after that.
President Trump
March 31, 2020

It is going to go away. It is going away.
President Trump
April 3, 2020

It did go — it will go away.
President Trump
April 7, 2020

But a lot of movement and a lot of progress has been made in a vaccine. But I think what happens is it’s going to go away. This is going to go away. And whether it comes back in a modified form in the fall, we’ll be able to handle it.
President Trump
April 28, 2020

It’s going to go. It’s going to leave. It’s going to be gone. It’s going to be eradicated. And it might take longer. It might be in smaller sections. It’ll be — it won’t be what we had. And we also learned a lot.
President Trump
April 29, 2020

And I think we’re doing very well on the vaccines but, with or without a vaccine, it’s going to pass, and we’re going to be back to normal.
President Trump
May 5, 2020

Because, you know, this virus is going to disappear. It’s a question of when. Will it come back in a small way? Will it come back in a fairly large way? But we know how to deal with it now much better. You know, nobody knew anything about it, initially. Now we know we can put out fires.
President Trump
May 6, 2020

Well, I feel about vaccines like I feel about tests. This is going to go away without a vaccine. It’s going to go away, and it’s — we’re not going to see it again, hopefully, after a period of time. You may have some — some flare-ups and I guess, you know, I would expect that. Sometime in the fall, you’ll have flare-ups maybe. Maybe not. But according to what a lot of people say, you probably will. We’ll be able to put them out. You may have some flare-ups next year, but eventually, it’s going to be gone. I mean, it’s going to be gone.
President Trump
May 8, 2020

We think we’re going to have a vaccine in the pretty near future. And if we do, we’re going to really be a big step ahead. And if we don’t, we’re going to be like so many other cases, where you had a problem come in, it’ll go away — at some point, it’ll go away. It may flare up, and it may not flare up. We’ll have to see what happens.
President Trump
May 15, 2020

So I think that’s — but even without that [a vaccine or therapeutics], you know, at some point this stuff goes away and it’s going away.
President Trump
June 15, 2020

I always say, even without it [a vaccine], it goes away.
President Trump
June 16, 2020

…if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It’s dying out.
President Trump
June 17, 2020

But I will tell you, we’re very close to a vaccine, and we’re very close to therapeutics, really good therapeutics. And — but even without that — I don’t even like to talk about that, because it’s fading away. It’s going to fade away.
President Trump
June 17, 2020

And it is dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good.
President Trump
June 18, 2020

And I think we are going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of just disappear, I hope.
President Trump
July 1, 2020

I’ll be right eventually. I will be right eventually. You know I said, ‘It’s going to disappear.’ I’ll say it again. It’s going to disappear, and I’ll be right.
President Trump
July 19, 2020

Well, the virus will disappear. It will disappear.
President Trump
July 21, 2020

We’re gonna beat it, yeah. We’re going to beat it. And with time, you’re going to be it — time. You know, I say, it’s going to disappear. And they say, ‘Oh, that’s terrible.’ He said — well, it’s true. I mean, it’s going to disappear. Before it disappears, I think we can knock it out before it disappears.
President Trump
July 22, 2020

This thing’s going away. It will go away like things go away…
President Trump
August 5, 2020

It’s going away. No, it’ll go away like things go away. Absolutely. No question in my mind. It will go away. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
President Trump
August 5, 2020

And we’re getting them [manufacturing jobs] even in a pandemic — which is disappearing; it’s going to disappear.
President Trump
August 7, 2020

And frankly, you know, we’ve had a tremendous — a tremendous market, you and I have talked about that, the stock market. Think of it, we’re almost back to where we were, and we’re still in the pandemic, which will be going away, as I say, it’ll be going away. And they scream, how you can you say that? I said, because it’s gonna be going away.
President Trump
August 13, 2020

…And the China Plague will fade.
President Trump
August 17, 2020

And as soon as the plague is gone — we have vaccines coming, we have therapeutics coming, and it’s going to be gone. And it’s gonna be gone soon.
President Trump
August 17, 2020

It’s all coming back so fast and you’ll see it, and the pandemic goes away. The vaccines are going to be, I believe, announced very soon.
President Trump
August 24, 2020

Well, once you get to a certain number — you know, we use the word herd, right. Once you get to a certain number, it’s going to go away.
President Trump
August 31, 2020

It is gonna disappear. It’s gonna disappear. I still say it.
President Trump
September 15, 2020

But it’s going to disappear. It is disappearing. And vaccines are going to help, and the therapeutics are going to help a lot.
President Trump
October 10, 2020

The vaccine will end the pandemic. But it’s ending anyway. I mean, they go crazy when I say it. It’s going to peter out and it’s going to end. But we’re going to help the end and we’re gonna make it a lot faster with the vaccine and with the therapeutics and frankly with the cures.
President Trump
October 15, 2020

Even without the vaccine, the pandemic’s going to end. It’s gonna run its course. It’s gonna end. They’ll go crazy. He said ‘without the vaccine’ — watch, it’ll be a headline tomorrow. These people are crazy. No, it’s running its course.
President Trump
October 16, 2020
December 4th, 2020 at 12:22:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Although I doubt it will happen, imagine if Pence wants to run in 2024, but for President, not as sidekick to Trump. And Trump also wants to run.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2020 at 12:41:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Although I doubt it will happen, imagine if Pence wants to run in 2024, but for President, not as sidekick to Trump. And Trump also wants to run.

Very possible. Not far fetched at all. But not that interesting to me. Without ‘Trump toxicity’ the Republicans are loaded with younger possibilities. Haley. Scott. Ryan.
Page 2 of 16<12345>Last »