The Biden Presidency 2021

Page 200 of 201« First<197198199200201>
January 4th, 2022 at 11:59:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Captain Poopypants says the reason his poll numbers are in the toilet it's because the American people are getting '' inaccurate information' from the news media. So he's saying the 95% of the media that he has in his pocket are lying to us and he's really doing a great job? Why would they do that. The problem is Captain Poopypants is not getting the correct information. His staff tells him every day that he's the best president since Abraham Lincoln. Of course they have to tell him that all the time because he forgets it almost immediately.

Want to understand where Biden is right now? Go and to watch that video with him and Jay Leno, then pick any video from 2020 campaign. And pick a video from a few days ago. Three different people, even a year-and-a-half ago he was much more on the ball than is now. Where's he going to be a year from now, the people around him have to deal with this every day. Him constantly asking them what's going on.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 4th, 2022 at 12:29:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Where's he going to be a year from now, the people around him have to deal with this every day. Him constantly asking them what's going on.

EB would prefer a POTUS who doesn’t stay informed about what is going on from his staff and cabinet members.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:08:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If I was Putin, I probably also would have calculated that Biden's exit from Afghanistan was an indication he strongly didn't want to get involved in another war, and in combination with his decline in popularity and political divisiveness going on, that it was a good time to go for Ukraine. I think Putin might have miscalculated the options from Biden aside from direct conflict. But we'll see,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2022 at 9:20:35 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Putin hasn’t miscalculated anything. He’s had those troops on the Ukraine border for the past ten years as a warning not to admit Ukraine to NATO.

Biden is provoking him by sending more lethal hardware into Ukraine, after Putin requested the removal of some of the military assets.

"Moscow had previously said that the bloc’s expansion to eastern Europe and deployment of troops close to Russia compromised Russian national security. Washington and Brussels rejected Russia’s proposal to deflate tensions by giving legally binding assurances that NATO’s doors would be closed to nations neighboring Russia and by removing some of the military assets deployed next door."

Russian troops aren’t like the sixth century desert nomads that kicked US ass for twenty years. If Putin invades Ukraine, it will be over in a matter of weeks, and there is nothing the US can do about it.

That leaves only Taiwan.
January 24th, 2022 at 9:42:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
Putin hasn’t miscalculated anything. He’s had those troops on the Ukraine border for the past ten years as a warning not to admit Ukraine to NATO.

Biden is provoking him by sending more lethal hardware into Ukraine, after Putin requested the removal of some of the military assets.

"Moscow had previously said that the bloc’s expansion to eastern Europe and deployment of troops close to Russia compromised Russian national security. Washington and Brussels rejected Russia’s proposal to deflate tensions by giving legally binding assurances that NATO’s doors would be closed to nations neighboring Russia and by removing some of the military assets deployed next door."

Russian troops aren’t like the sixth century desert nomads that kicked US ass for twenty years. If Putin invades Ukraine, it will be over in a matter of weeks, and there is nothing the US can do about it.

That leaves only Taiwan.

You think NATO is against Democracy and for invasions and Putin is for democracy? I suggest you rethink that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2022 at 9:49:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Aside from that, if Ukraine wants to join with Russia, they can choose to do so and no need to put troops on its border.
January 24th, 2022 at 10:59:03 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Tanko
That leaves only Taiwan.

And Georgia’s always on my my my my my my my my my mind. And Belarus and Estonia and Latvia and…
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 25th, 2022 at 3:39:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I see folks around here have flags flying from their pick up truck stake pockets. When the flag they are flying has black stripes instead of red ones, what does that supposed to mean? tia

edit: the rest of the flag resembles an American flag
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 25th, 2022 at 3:46:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
I see folks around here have flags flying from their pick up truck stake pockets. When the flag they are flying has black stripes instead of red ones, what does that supposed to mean? tia

edit: the rest of the flag resembles an American flag

They no longer believe in America
Putin has had incredible influence in this country
The Trumper I talked to in the campground told me democracy is dead in this country. He said democracy can not last and the Greeks are a perfect example.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 25th, 2022 at 4:05:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
They're right, it won't last.

Been a grand experiment that was doomed from the start.

Sounds great in theory though.
Page 200 of 201« First<197198199200201>