The Biden Presidency 2021

November 29th, 2021 at 7:33:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Dems Consider ‘Nuclear Option’ to Boot Kamala from White House

"Harris was such a terrible presidential candidate, she dropped out before even a single vote was taken. She dropped out before Marianne Williamson. Biden only chose her as a cheap and easy way to “make history” with the pick of the first woman and the first black vice president. Outside of those meaningless qualities, the woman is a useless incompetent."

SureJan.gif
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 30th, 2021 at 5:20:35 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Sorry, but this is a whole lot of words conveying absolutely nothing.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-october-2021/

Check out figure 6 at the link. 2% of Democrats say they’ll never get vaccinated. 31% of Republicans say they never will.

Why are you so focused on the 2%?

And 9% of black adults say they never will, compared to 19% of white adults. RIP to a whole lotta right wing talking points.

A poll...we know they are fairly unreliable to start with...

Why am I focused on a small percentage of people? Numbers. The more people--whatever they look like--that are vaccinated, the better. Science. I want to percentage with immunity (natural or by vaccination) higher and higher as quickly as possible.

I think that the President does a poor job of reaching a target audience, to compliment other actions to increase vaccination, because it seems like the WH cannot schedule more than one thing on a given day. That cuts down the amount of opportunities for the actual President to use his bully pulpit to help things along.

The idea of a speech is to lead people somewhere--an ending, a result, a call to action, etc.--he is not good at that.

I know some express a false concern about being too focused on what the President and his peeps do on a daily basis. The stupidity of that line of thought is obvious for a few reasons.

--this is a thread about this Presidency, not the last one
--Members here had tag lines about a false narrative pushed by the left and commenting on that daily was just peachy
--Politics interests me and it is good to read how other people think, though we mostly talk at each other here
--Trump was a topic every day. Nothing wrong with Biden being a topic of conversation everyday.

I don't think the President is doing a good job. I think that he is weak in many areas. I think that he has appointed some horrid folks for important jobs.

I don't feel much impact from politicians at all on my life day to day. Someone talks about that here and then proceeds to post all the time about politics. I don't think it impacts either of us in real life too much.

I did say things about the last dude that were negative. I will do the same thing here until it bores me or these threads get banished. I will also leave for days/weeks/months...because it does nothing that happens on this board matters much at all.
November 30th, 2021 at 7:43:48 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
I did say things about the last dude that were negative.

November 30th, 2021 at 8:28:23 AM permalink
RonC
Footage Not Found

Heck, I wrote something negative about him yesterday. Perhaps you were too busy hunting for the pee tape to actually try to prove what you just posted...
November 30th, 2021 at 8:43:10 AM permalink
ams288
Heck, I wrote something negative about him yesterday. Perhaps you were too busy hunting for the pee tape to actually try to prove what you just posted...

You guys sure are still obsessed with the pee tape.

No one is hunting for it, that’d be dumb. Putin will release it when Donny stops being his useful fool.
November 30th, 2021 at 8:50:24 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
EB, in many ways you seem rational and reasonably clear-thinking EXCEPT when it comes to politics.

You are so deeply embedded in denial it's amazing. What's obvious to anybody who looks at it isn't even a possibility to you because whatever the media tells you you believe. That a washed-up senile old fart like Captain Poopypants who ran the absolute worst campaign in history and couldn't get 25 people to show up to his rallies got more votes than any presidential candidate in history. More votes than Obama got in 2008 when he ran one of the best campaigns in history and had tens of thousands of people show up at his rallies. And a year later this candidate that everybody loved so much is so hated that he's a lame duck president in his first year. In your mind this all makes perfect sense even though Trump got more votes did any sitting president in history. In your mind this is all perfectly normal. I don't believe that at all, there is no way I think you don't know the election was stolen.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 30th, 2021 at 9:50:34 AM permalink
RonC
You guys sure are still obsessed with the pee tape.

From the one who had the signature line for years.

I am not obsessed with it at all; you were the one obsessed with it.

The thing is all of the left's obfuscation of the issues at hand with blasts with the pasts show that Biden is a nothing burger, You likely know that, but he is your guy. he was an average to below average Senator and he looks to be an average to below average President.

Cheers!
November 30th, 2021 at 11:52:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
he was an average to below average Senator and he looks to be an average to below average President.
!

Boy are you cutting him a break. He was always a way below average senator. He's been in Washington for five decades and accomplished nothing. Unless you count feeling up a little girls and sniffing their hair to be an accomplishment. He was behind no meaningful legislation, he just showed up and kept getting re-elected because he's from one of the smallest states in the country and he knows the entire population on a first-name basis. Captain Poopypants is the epitome of the useless politician. He's all talk, no action, and has made himself a fabulously wealthy by being in office. Why would anybody in their right mind expect the guy who accomplished nothing as a senator to accomplish anything as a president. And at a senile 78 years old no less. The point is, the American people did not pick him, his party picked him because he's the perfect puppet. Old, senile, he'll do anything anybody tells him because he has no idea what's going on. When they stole the election for him, they obviously had no idea exactly how incompetent he is. And now that they are finding out in spades they ain't happy about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 30th, 2021 at 12:06:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
EB, you keep braying that he "stole the election" but that has never been proven, and as you know the republicans have tried hard to prove it.

I guess the democrats just outsmarted the republicans.

Could that be what happens when you get (and effectively use) a college education?

J/K, continue to bray...
November 30th, 2021 at 12:29:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
EB, you keep braying that he "stole the election" but that has never been proven, and as you know the republicans have tried hard to prove it.

I guess the democrats just outsmarted the republicans.

Could that be what happens when you get (and effectively use) a college education?

J/K, continue to bray...

Some people are able to come out of college educated, most people now come out indoctrinated and unable to think for themselves.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin