The Biden Presidency 2021

October 28th, 2021 at 5:54:37 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
U.S. in Talks to Pay Hundreds of Millions to Families Separated at Border

Quote:
WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma.

You have got to be kidding me.
Let's go Brandon
October 28th, 2021 at 6:19:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Report accuses Jill Biden of plotting to get rid of Kamala.

Well, if Jack P.O.S.obiec said it, it’s gotta be true… /s

lmao
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 29th, 2021 at 4:56:35 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Apparently the House progressives have blocked (voted no?) on the Senate Bipartisan infrastructure bill. Add that to Manchin/Sinema blocking the big bill to be passed via reconciliation, it looks like it is possible that NONE of the Biden agenda that he needed Congress to help him with will have passed. The Biden Presidency continues to be an abject failure.

I expect a big stock market dip today. A lot of companies were counting on the easy trillions. (My stock predictions have a 50/50 chance of being correct)
October 29th, 2021 at 5:11:33 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Apparently the House progressives have blocked (voted no?) on the Senate Bipartisan infrastructure bill. Add that to Manchin/Sinema blocking the big bill to be passed via reconciliation, it looks like it is possible that NONE of the Biden agenda that he needed Congress to help him with will have passed. The Biden Presidency continues to be an abject failure.

I expect a big stock market dip today. A lot of companies were counting on the easy trillions. (My stock predictions have a 50/50 chance of being correct)

No.

The progressives are still holding firm and saying they won’t vote for the infrastructure bill until the reconciliation bill is a done deal.

Quote:
JAYAPAL (House Progressive Caucus) just told us in the Capitol that she expects the House to be able to pass the BBB and BIF in the next week.

Looking forward to you flip-flopping from Biden being an abject failure because neither bill could pass to “Biden is an abject failure because both these bad bills passed!”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 29th, 2021 at 7:18:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
No.

The progressives are still holding firm and saying they won’t vote for the infrastructure bill until the reconciliation bill is a done deal.

Looking forward to you flip-flopping from Biden being an abject failure because neither bill could pass to “Biden is an abject failure because both these bad bills passed!”

I have no position on this, but why is it impossible for both statements to be true?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 29th, 2021 at 8:48:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
You ever make any apps to sell online for just yourself?

No, I am too old now to change. Apps are a young mans game. When I started programming we didn't even have video monitors. You wrote your code on punch cards, ran them through the computer, your output device was a line printer.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 29th, 2021 at 8:57:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
No, I am too old now to change. Apps are a young mans game. When I started programming we didn't even have video monitors. You wrote your code on punch cards, ran them through the computer, your output device was a line printer.

You are older than I thought DR that was what I had to do with a Fortran IV course I took at university in 1969. UBC had a IBM 360 in an environmentally controlled room in the basement of the university. Had to wait a day to get your printout back and find out you had a typo on one of your cards.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 29th, 2021 at 9:47:13 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: SOOPOO

Thanks for the tip. S&P 500 and NASDAQ at intraday record high today.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
October 29th, 2021 at 10:34:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
You are older than I thought DR that was what I had to do with a Fortran IV course I took at university in 1969. UBC had a IBM 360 in an environmentally controlled room in the basement of the university. Had to wait a day to get your printout back and find out you had a typo on one of your cards.

I started on an IBM 360 also, with Fortran 66.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 29th, 2021 at 11:51:44 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Great numbers for the third-quarter GDP: 2%

Maybe if dementia joe bidumb didn't spend so much time on vacation he might actually accomplish something.

Compilation of Liberals Admitting that Biden Is a FAILURE
Let's go Brandon