Mandatory COVID vaccination

Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »
October 19th, 2020 at 11:43:14 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
Seriously, do you think this vaccine will even be in the top 20 things causing injury or death that you already engage in?

Probably not, but that’s exactly why I take precautions when I do dangerous things. I drive 60mph in the right lane and have exactly 0 speeding tickets to my name.

Similarly, this is going to be the first mRNA vaccine EVER approved. I believe it is rushed, and there are many many unknowns there.

I am 29 and healthy, so coronavirus isn’t in that “top 20 most dangerous” category either.
October 19th, 2020 at 11:52:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I respect your decision. As a non mask lover, I will be first in line to get a vaccine. Not impossible, but highly unlikely the risk/benefit ratio of a vaccine will exceed 1.

I look at it this way. Remember all those guys who had "Gulf War Syndrome" after they were given some kind of shot to "protect" them against who knows what? Remember the deformed kids born after women took that bad prenatal drug in the 70s? I remember that story of how my dad and one other guy refused the flu shot to the point they almost had to make a union grievance out of it. The next day they were the only two in the shop not sick with the flu.

Call me a skeptic. I would rather take my chances as only 3% of people have even caught it vs. who knows what they did to make the vaccine.
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 11:56:20 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
I look at it this way. Remember all those guys who had "Gulf War Syndrome" after they were given some kind of shot to "protect" them against who knows what? Remember the deformed kids born after women took that bad prenatal drug in the 70s? I remember that story of how my dad and one other guy refused the flu shot to the point they almost had to make a union grievance out of it. The next day they were the only two in the shop not sick with the flu.

Call me a skeptic. I would rather take my chances as only 3% of people have even caught it vs. who knows what they did to make the vaccine.

There was another one in the 50’s ... not sure the name of it, but it was given to infants and had a nasty side effect of softened bone in teeth or something.

My dad got it and his teeth were a mess because of it.
October 19th, 2020 at 12:00:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Last time I was vaccinated was in 1955
in 1st grade. Our parents didn't even
know. They lined us up and stabbed
our arm with polio vaccine. Kids
were screaming and crying. Never
had any desire to get vaccinated
since then. They had to hold one
little girl down while they pulled
down her pants and gave it to her
in her bare butt. The boys in class
found that highly entertaining.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2020 at 12:05:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: gamerfreak
Probably not, but that’s exactly why I take precautions when I do dangerous things. I drive 60mph in the right lane and have exactly 0 speeding tickets to my name.

Similarly, this is going to be the first mRNA vaccine EVER approved. I believe it is rushed, and there are many many unknowns there.

I am 29 and healthy, so coronavirus isn’t in that “top 20 most dangerous” category either.

It’s nice to hear some rational objections for once, instead of the usual nonsense.

Yes, it is likely this vaccine will only really benefit other people around you based on your personal description, though you may get a little less ill.

Consider also, the vaccines that some adults took while you were still in your mom’s uterus may have done nothing more than protect your mom and you from some fatal or debilitating condition. It may have not have benefited them personally at all.

I don’t think the risk of this vaccine is worth worrying about, but cannot prove it either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 19th, 2020 at 12:12:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: gamerfreak
There was another one in the 50’s ... not sure the name of it, but it was given to infants and had a nasty side effect of softened bone in teeth or something.

My dad got it and his teeth were a mess because of it.

I keep looking at it as we know you cannot add or change something without unintentional side effects. Can't do it on a car, can't do it in people. What is the risk/reward. I figure I have 20 years or so left and do not want to chance something screwing up my already fragile body. At most death is looking like 1 in 350 by the time it is done. As I cannot even hit the lottery numbers games with similar odds I will risk it.
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 12:16:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Duffman comparing drugs given to soldiers versus the general population is not even a valid comparison.

Your other drug comparison could be if you believe we have more net negatives than positives from the normal drug approval process. I’m betting you can’t even come close to proving that. They did learn lessons from Thalidimide.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 19th, 2020 at 12:28:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Evenbob
They had to hold one
little girl down while they pulled
down her pants and gave it to her
in her bare butt. The boys in class
found that highly entertaining.

Imagine them doing this today.
Exposing a little girls bare bottom
to the whole class. They would be
sued and go to prison. But in
the 50's this was an entirely
different country. Better in
some ways, worse in others.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2020 at 12:45:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Duffman comparing drugs given to soldiers versus the general population is not even a valid comparison.

Your other drug comparison could be if you believe we have more net negatives than positives from the normal drug approval process. I’m betting you can’t even come close to proving that. They did learn lessons from Thalidimide.

Sure it is valid. Rushed out vax that had awful side effects.
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 1:02:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Sure it is valid. Rushed out vax that had awful side effects.

No comparison. In some cases, soldiers are the original Guinea pigs. They are requesting 30,000 people for 3rd stage vaccine trials.
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »