SCOTUS Vacancy

Page 48 of 49« First<4546474849>
April 1st, 2022 at 7:40:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wow
A story just broke on the Ginni Thomas hiring memos
She regularly met with Trump at the White House demanding that every extreme rightwing crackpot she knew be hired
Now her demand of hiring insane crazy Sidney Powell makes sense
Ginni Thomas is scary
She believes every Qnon crackpot theory out there
No doubt Clarence agrees with her
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 1st, 2022 at 7:43:49 AM permalink
terapined
https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-ginni-thomas-insane-hiring-memos-for-former-president-donald-trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 4th, 2022 at 3:32:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Today:

Lindsey Graham admitted if the GOP controlled the Senate, soon-to-be-Justice Jackson would not have even gotten a hearing, Merrick Garland-style.

Mitt Romney announced he will vote to confirm her.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 4th, 2022 at 3:42:44 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Today:

Lindsey Graham admitted if the GOP controlled the Senate, soon-to-be-Justice Jackson would not have even gotten a hearing, Merrick Garland-style.

It's the Moscow Mitch rule
He killed advise and consent
The other side of the aisle is no longer the loyal opposition, its the enemy.
April 4th, 2022 at 3:47:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Today:

Mitt Romney announced he will vote to confirm her.

What a disgrace. This is purely politics to avoid confirming her to the Supreme Court. He had no issue voting for her in her current position hardly a year ago.....
So her record that he keeps brining up did not bother him then (or I guess you can argue that he did not spend as much time researching her as it was a lower position, but this seems like a sellout answer...)

Mitt Romney is one of the few sane Republicans Senators remaining.
April 4th, 2022 at 7:39:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
What a disgrace. This is purely politics to avoid confirming her to the Supreme Court. He had no issue voting for her in her current position hardly a year ago.....
So her record that he keeps brining up did not bother him then (or I guess you can argue that he did not spend as much time researching her as it was a lower position, but this seems like a sellout answer...)

Mitt Romney is one of the few sane Republicans Senators remaining.

What are you talking about? This has NOTHING TO DO WITH whether she gets confirmed or not! There is a LESS THAN ZERO chance any Democrat will not vote to confirm her. SHE WILL BE CONFIRMED no matter what any Republican says or does. THIS IS JUST A SHOW. Just like the Trump impeachment’s, which had ZERO chance of success, this case it’s just the Republicans who like to hear themselves speak. DO NOT WORRY. She will rightly be the next Supreme Court Justice. Geez.
April 4th, 2022 at 7:49:59 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
What are you talking about? This has NOTHING TO DO WITH whether she gets confirmed or not! There is a LESS THAN ZERO chance any Democrat will not vote to confirm her. SHE WILL BE CONFIRMED no matter what any Republican says or does. THIS IS JUST A SHOW. Just like the Trump impeachment’s, which had ZERO chance of success, this case it’s just the Republicans who like to hear themselves speak. DO NOT WORRY. She will rightly be the next Supreme Court Justice. Geez.

The big difference
Dems voted to impeach because Dems truly believed the charges qualified for impeachment. Republicans are against her simply due to politics. They don't truly believe that she is not qualified. Consider Grahams change of vote. Strictly political. Some Republicans supported impeachment because they believed Trump committed impeachable offenses and voted with their moral compass instead of a political compass. Not a single dem will vote against her because she is qualified and the against votes are purely political.
April 4th, 2022 at 9:08:18 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
The big difference
Dems voted to impeach because Dems truly believed the charges qualified for impeachment. Republicans are against her simply due to politics. They don't truly believe that she is not qualified. Consider Grahams change of vote. Strictly political. Some Republicans supported impeachment because they believed Trump committed impeachable offenses and voted with their moral compass instead of a political compass. Not a single dem will vote against her because she is qualified and the against votes are purely political.

Not exactly. As a matter of fact, there are no ‘qualifications’ needed, other than to be nominated by the President and then confirmed by the Senate. She has passed the first hurdle, and will pass the second soon. At that moment she is officially qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice. I think the impeachment of Trump was more political than this. I believe if we did the lie detector test, you couldn’t find a SINGLE Democrat Congressman or Senator that actually believed that their case would result in a conviction. Not a one. I guess equally political to this charade. Not a single Republican Senator actually believes their is any chance of her not being confirmed.

Because Republicans think she is unqualified because she won’t define a woman, or didn’t sentence child molesters as hard as they wanted, is IRRELEVANT. The result of the last Election made them IRRELEVANT in this matter. What a waste of time!
April 4th, 2022 at 9:32:49 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
Not exactly. As a matter of fact, there are no ‘qualifications’ needed, other than to be nominated by the President and then confirmed by the Senate. She has passed the first hurdle, and will pass the second soon. At that moment she is officially qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice. I think the impeachment of Trump was more political than this. I believe if we did the lie detector test, you couldn’t find a SINGLE Democrat Congressman or Senator that actually believed that their case would result in a conviction. Not a one. I guess equally political to this charade. Not a single Republican Senator actually believes their is any chance of her not being confirmed.

Because Republicans think she is unqualified because she won’t define a woman, or didn’t sentence child molesters as hard as they wanted, is IRRELEVANT. The result of the last Election made them IRRELEVANT in this matter. What a waste of time!

Sometimes offenses are so serious that you want to go on the record
That's the case here
I agree with the Dems on this
So serious and a threat to our democracy that you have to go on the record
Too show the PEOPLE that some politicians still have morals that are not corrupted by politics or a numbers game
Qualifications matter
Harriet Miers
April 4th, 2022 at 11:30:23 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
Sometimes offenses are so serious that you want to go on the record
That's the case here
I agree with the Dems on this
So serious and a threat to our democracy that you have to go on the record
Too show the PEOPLE that some politicians still have morals that are not corrupted by politics or a numbers game
Qualifications matter
Harriet Miers

Omg You’re delusional. I can’t even respond. I don’t have the time
Page 48 of 49« First<4546474849>