SCOTUS Vacancy

April 10th, 2021 at 1:01:54 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
The Left's attempts at a power grab will be their undoing.
When you have to change the rules of all the institutions in order to get your way,
You know you aren't comfortable with what's coming in 2022 & 2024.
Deep down the Dems know the clock is ticking on their time in power.
First the attempts to Abolish the Fillibuster as "a relic of Jim Crow Law"
They can't even get their own (Sinema & Manchin) on board with this lie.

They Propose HR 1 in an attempt to grab the individual States rights to operate elections under state law.
GA tells the Left to F Off & Iowa and Texas are next, many more states will follow.
Voter ID will become the law in 2/3's of states before 2024,
Unrequested Mail Out Ballots will be a "one off" Covid Phenomena in 2020
It's going to be a lot harder for the Dems to ballot harvest without all those ballots laying around the country.
Oh and good move Joe supporting MLB moving the All Star Game from a predominately black populated location
to Denver that is less than 10% black and happens to be in Colorado that also has Voter ID laws.
Just brilliant. I am still waiting for the Commissioner of MLB to give up his membership at Augusta, home of The Masters
Once again, what is good for thee doesn't apply to me. Thank you Commissioner pointing that out so clearly.

Now The House Plant forms a Commission to study packing the SCOTUS.
Joe just figured out the current SCOTUS isn't going to put up with the Lefts attacks on 2A & Voter ID Laws
And again, one of their own (Justice Breyer) tells them they're idiots in an address at Harvard Law, LMAO
The Leftist Mob eventually eats its own and the calls from the Left grow louder for Breyer to retire.
I think he actually should before he pulls a Ginsburg, but that's his decision.

Everyone that isn't in the tank for the Left sees the Dems pathetic attempt to change the rules to get their way
When you don't have the votes to support your agenda, it's the only way forward.
Schumer promised it would happen if they won in GA.
He forgot that within his Democratic Senatorial caucus were those that know the Founders had it right.
The checks and balances of American Institutions have made America great for a lot longer than any of us have been around.

Please keep up the stupidity for another 18 months.
Keep Open the border & definitely increase taxes to pay for all the stupid spending.
Spend money on Non-Covid issues like state bailouts in the name of Pandemic Relief with zero GOP Votes
Call Affordable Housing, Elder Care & Extension of Child Tax Credits "American Infrastructure" with zero GOP votes.
The Anti Trump vote that put you in the WH to be less partisan & return us to normalcy will vanish in 2024
The problem is normalcy includes the Fillibuster, 9 SCOTUS Justices & States maintaining their election law rights
But Joe isn't in control of the platform let alone his own continence.

I am waiting for the Left to invoke the 25th on poor Old Joe eating their own once again.
He won't even see it coming and "Doctor Jill" will be helpless to dispute the medical opinion that he is unfit for office.
Turns out the Bitch isn't even a real medical doctor, who knew?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 10th, 2021 at 2:50:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09
The Left's attempts at a power grab will be their undoing.

Yawn
Lesson 1
Its all about the economy
If the economy is humming, jobs coming back and the stock market is soaring
Biden is a lock for 2024
Should he get credit for all this?
The reality
His Presidency has the fortune of perfect timing as pent up demand may kickstart a booming economy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 10th, 2021 at 3:07:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Back to good old JCW fan fiction...

Will our righties ever learn from their mistakes? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 11th, 2021 at 8:41:58 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Yawn
Lesson 1
Its all about the economy
If the economy is humming, jobs coming back and the stock market is soaring
Biden is a lock for 2024
Should he get credit for all this?
The reality
His Presidency has the fortune of perfect timing as pent up demand may kickstart a booming economy

Sadly, both JCW and you are correct! But the short term 'prosperity' from the credit card with no spending limit that is the Biden economy is enough to likely produce a Democrat victory in 2022, and in 2024 the fractured Republican party (due to Trump) will lead to either President Harris or another term of President Biden.
April 11th, 2021 at 10:18:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Sadly, both JCW and you are correct! But the short term 'prosperity' from the credit card with no spending limit that is the Biden economy is enough to likely produce a Democrat victory in 2022, and in 2024 the fractured Republican party (due to Trump) will lead to either President Harris or another term of President Biden.

I'm still not sure if Harris will be a strong candidate against at least some Republicans. Same issue I had when she was running to be President.

OTOH, I thought she was the strongest choice at the time for Biden.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 11th, 2021 at 10:30:53 AM permalink
rxwine
What's funny, is when I've seen Harris at work, like on a committee, and she's all business, I like her. But when she gets into campaign mode, there's a certain inauthenticity of pure politician that comes through, seems to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 11th, 2021 at 10:58:03 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
I'm still not sure if Harris will be a strong candidate against at least some Republicans. Same issue I had when she was running to be President.

OTOH, I thought she was the strongest choice at the time for Biden.

I think she is the odds on favorite to be the next President after Biden
Who's gonna beat her?
I like her a lot
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 11th, 2021 at 11:13:02 AM permalink
rxwine
I think she is the odds on favorite to be the next President after Biden
Who's gonna beat her?
I like her a lot

I'm fine if you're right and I'm wrong.
April 11th, 2021 at 11:17:01 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Biden is a lock for 2024

Once again Ed, showing your intellectual chops.
There is a zero chance of The House Plant being President in January of 2025.
He may not make it to 2023.
Breyer should step down before Jan of 2023 or the GOP Majority Senate elected in 2022 will block Harris from replacing him
They'll argue a VP that ascended to POTUS via the 25A isn't qualified to make the nomination.
It's a valid approach to Camel Toe's actual authority should it come to that.
You can't have someone that won zero electors picking a Justice for the SCOTUS.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 11th, 2021 at 11:21:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
I'm fine if you're right and I'm wrong.

Who will carry the Republican torch in 2024
I think hard core Trumpers really like Cruz
But I think Desantis has the best chance on the right but Trumpers may not go for him. Not mean enough like Cruz. I dont think Cruz can win.
It could get pretty brutal on the republican side determining the 2024 candidate
Of course Trump wont help by demanding any right wing candidate bend the knee towards King Trump
or
Will Trump risk being a 2 time loser
Its still real early