SCOTUS Vacancy

October 28th, 2020 at 2:43:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I am in favor of following the state law.

Whether the law says the ballot must be received by election day, or postmarked by election day and received within a certain number of days, the federal courts shouldn't be involved.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 28th, 2020 at 3:12:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
I am in favor of following the state law.

Whether the law says the ballot must be received by election day, or postmarked by election day and received within a certain number of days, the federal courts shouldn't be involved.

Hmmm, I wonder how consistent you are with this.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2020 at 10:59:08 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Hmmm, I wonder how consistent you are with this.
If he's like most libbies, the answer is "not very" lol

Just like those libbies who love to cite science when it comes to global warming, yet when it comes to gender, they are conspicuously silent about basic biology. 🙄

Quote: Evenbob
I think Trump is a cyborg. He does 3
exhausting rallies, flies back to the
WH, and looks fresh as a daisy
for the Barret swearing in. And
he'll be up working till 1 am.
I don't know how he does it. I'm pretty sure he's older than anyone on this board, yet he'd run circles around all of us.

Thank god he's our president though. MAGA!!!

Quote: aceofspades
Hmmmm - if this was a Democrat Senate and Democrat President that did this (and please do not claim they wouldn't do it), and a Republican Congressman Tweeted "Expand the court" - I wonder if your reaction would be the same...
C'mon, you know him better than that. Remember you're talking to a guy who might be investigated by the Secret Service at some point. At least that's what a little birdie told me.... 😉
November 5th, 2020 at 1:10:09 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Wonder if Breyer is smarter than Ginsburg?
He should step down/retire on Jan 21st if Biden pulls out the Presidency.
For all the Dems praise of RBG, her legacy is she F'd them on the way out due to her hubris.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 5th, 2020 at 1:21:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Wonder if Breyer is smarter than Ginsburg?
He should step down/retire on Jan 21st if Biden pulls out the Presidency.
For all the Dems praise of RBG, her legacy is she F'd them on the way out due to her hubris.

Surprised you’re still willing to show your face around here.

Figured you’d join EB on his sabbatical.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 5th, 2020 at 7:42:46 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Why exactly would you say that?
Unlike you, I actually have a life outside this place and post when there is something of value to add.
It was a good night for the GOP & Trumpie still has a narrow path albeit I think he is going to lose shockingly via GA.
I am OK with a Biden/Harris Administration that is checked by a 51-49 Senate
No end to Filibuster.
No way to pack the SCOTUS & 6-3 Constitutional Textualist Justices for the next 15 years
No way to add states like DC & PR.
The Left will get nothing done via the Biden Trojan Horse strategy.
The comedy gold of Biden at a live mic with no teleprompter for at least the next 18 months before he falls down and hurts himself.
Harris as the incumbent in 2024, I like the GOP chances in that race come 2024
The AOC/Left Agenda was summarily told to go home this November & that is a bigger deal than Trumpie.
Ernst in Iowa, Collins in ME, Tillis in NC & I predict GOP will win both GA Senate races.
The conservative future looks bright when the Orange Man doesn't get trounced and GOP holds Senate & picks up House Seats.
The Dems may get Trump out of the WH, but yawn on how it affects policy or more importantly the institutions in the country.
Celebrate all you want, the big victory will be the ability to replace Breyer if the doesn't Ginsburg the Dems.
This win is a small battle for a one term president in the WH
GOP won the longer game of the SCOTUS over last 4 years & still hold the Senate.
Everything changes if Dems get Senate control, we'll see in Jan, but I don't like the Dems chances.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 5th, 2020 at 7:53:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: JCW09
Why exactly would you say that?
Unlike you, I actually have a life outside this place and post when there is something of value to add.
It was a good night for the GOP & Trumpie still has a narrow path albeit I think he is going to lose shockingly via GA.
I am OK with a Biden/Harris Administration that is checked by a 51-49 Senate
No end to Filibuster.
No way to pack the SCOTUS & 6-3 Constitutional Textualist Justices for the next 15 years
No way to add states like DC & PR.
The Left will get nothing done via the Biden Trojan Horse strategy.
The comedy gold of Biden at a live mic with no teleprompter for at least the next 18 months before he falls down and hurts himself.
Harris as the incumbent in 2024, I like the GOP chances in that race come 2024
The AOC/Left Agenda was summarily told to go home this November & that is a bigger deal than Trumpie.
Ernst in Iowa, Collins in ME, Tillis in NC & I predict GOP will win both GA Senate races.
The conservative future looks bright when the Orange Man doesn't get trounced and GOP holds Senate & picks up House Seats.
The Dems may get Trump out of the WH, but yawn on how it affects policy or more importantly the institutions in the country.
Celebrate all you want, the big victory will be the ability to replace Breyer if the doesn't Ginsburg the Dems.
This win is a small battle for a one term president in the WH
GOP won the longer game of the SCOTUS over last 4 years & still hold the Senate.
Everything changes if Dems get Senate control, we'll see in Jan, but I don't like the Dems chances.

Ditto I can live with a moderate like Biden if he doesn’t have the left dominating him. I think he will work well with Repub Senate and Dem House. I think this result is a win for the country. Wall Street certainly thinks so.
November 5th, 2020 at 8:38:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I would not say wall s5r3t vôted on the issue but agree with your views.
November 6th, 2020 at 4:29:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Ditto I can live with a moderate like Biden if he doesn’t have the left dominating him. I think he will work well with Repub Senate and Dem House. I think this result is a win for the country. Wall Street certainly thinks so.

Wall Street loves the idea of a split house and senate. Unfortunately it looks like there is a chance that won't be the case. The senate races are still close and might flip to democrats.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 6th, 2020 at 6:07:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
Wall Street loves the idea of a split house and senate. Unfortunately it looks like there is a chance that won't be the case. The senate races are still close and might flip to democrats.
. There will be runoffs for both. The Repubs will be big favorites as it will be more likely that ‘Trump hate’ votes, mostly Democrat of course, will be fewer. The Republican base will come out. Of course, I could be wrong....