Stock picks

Page 2 of 13<12345>Last »
October 5th, 2020 at 5:41:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So you are pleased to have the stocks going up again once the market felt Trump was not too sick. You did notice the market fell quite a bit on the first news that Trump was in the hospital?

Honestly
The stock market is a mystery
Did it go up due to impending Biden win so stimulus
Did it go up because Trump left the hospital
Who knows
I am thrilled it went up
After selling my house, depending on the market
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 5th, 2020 at 6:26:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Honestly
The stock market is a mystery
Did it go up due to impending Biden win so stimulus
Did it go up because Trump left the hospital
Who knows
I am thrilled it went up
After selling my house, depending on the market

I am happy for you. My stocks are terrible.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 5th, 2020 at 7:51:15 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I am happy for you. My stocks are terrible.

?????
Market generally been going up for everyone.
My 25 stocks, made some good picks(salesforce) , made some picks that stunk upon reflection(RV stocks that were over priced)
oh well, but overall up a little since dipping my toe in for fun
Not a huge dip. Not enough to make a killing or get really hurt. under 2k a stock
Kind of like following a daily sports event where I'm rooting for my guys.
Are you locked into your companies stock like many Enron employees were that ended up with nothing?
Holding GLXZ by any chance
I made a small dip on Soopoo advice. Not happy with performance but my dip is small so no biggie
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 6th, 2020 at 11:24:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
?????
Market generally been going up for everyone.
My 25 stocks, made some good picks(salesforce) , made some picks that stunk upon reflection(RV stocks that were over priced)
oh well, but overall up a little since dipping my toe in for fun
Not a huge dip. Not enough to make a killing or get really hurt. under 2k a stock
Kind of like following a daily sports event where I'm rooting for my guys.
Are you locked into your companies stock like many Enron employees were that ended up with nothing?
Holding GLXZ by any chance
I made a small dip on Soopoo advice. Not happy with performance but my dip is small so no biggie

I am not locked into any of my stocks and no i don't have GLXZ. My biggest holdings are Citibank, Coke, Ford, Exxon, etc. The only technology stock I have is AMD which has done well.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 6th, 2020 at 11:50:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I am not locked into any of my stocks and no i don't have GLXZ. My biggest holdings are Citibank, Coke, Ford, Exxon, etc. The only technology stock I have is AMD which has done well.

Out of all those, I just own Ford. I have a lot of confidence in their Truck division. Own a F150 and love it and would buy another if I ever need to.
I dont trade stocks.
I just buy and hold
The companies I invested in are companies I think will do well in our new virus world
November 22nd, 2020 at 5:12:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Trying to figure out what on earth got into one of my longshots last week.

XXII. Volume up by a factor of 4-8 most days.

Cigarette and pot play.

SOOPOO in your neck of the woods, you know anybody over there?
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2020 at 6:30:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Trying to figure out what on earth got into one of my longshots last week.

XXII. Volume up by a factor of 4-8 most days.

Cigarette and pot play.

SOOPOO in your neck of the woods, you know anybody over there?

Is it Buffalo based? Never heard of it. Doing better than my marijuana stocks which are still down from my date of purchase...... I have (had) one that is totally bankrupt....

On a separate note.... anyone who reads any of the virus or political threads is aware Ed mentions how well Taiwan has done..... I own TSM, which I've had for a while.... but up a LOT recently..... now a 10 fold increase! I have NO IDEA if the success of Taiwan in virus containment has played a part....
November 23rd, 2020 at 8:35:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Is it Buffalo based? Never heard of it. Doing better than my marijuana stocks which are still down from my date of purchase...... I have (had) one that is totally bankrupt....

Williamsville, I think. And some facilities in the south. It went insane the last 2 weeks or so. Waiting for final FDA approval, if it gets it should pop again.

If it gets to 5 I will be doing backflips. I wish robinhood traders would pile in.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2021 at 9:40:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

On a separate note.... anyone who reads any of the virus or political threads is aware Ed mentions how well Taiwan has done..... I own TSM, which I've had for a while.... but up a LOT recently..... now a 10 fold increase! I have NO IDEA if the success of Taiwan in virus containment has played a part....

$98.13 on 11/23/20

$128.58 now 31% up!

XXII
$1.45 on 11/23/20

$2.65 now 83% up!

AZ..... you win! (I am happy for this silver medal...)
February 2nd, 2021 at 11:23:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
$98.13 on 11/23/20

$128.58 now 31% up!

XXII
$1.45 on 11/23/20

$2.65 now 83% up!

AZ..... you win! (I am happy for this silver medal...)

You might be better off, word is we are in for Hunt Brothers II.

For those of you in Rio Linda, The Dukes in "Trading Places" were loosely based on the Hunt Brothers an the silver market.

Currently I am working covered called on XXII.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 13<12345>Last »