Whose rights take priority?

Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »
July 17th, 2020 at 4:42:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
What's wrong with a beret at a shooting range that allows baseball caps?

Everything.

You don't wear a beret at any range especially an indoor range....
July 17th, 2020 at 5:05:07 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Why would other gun ranges let her shoot with a hijab if it is a real safety issue?

That is a mistake on their part.

The range has a legitimate safety concern. Fiery hot cartridge cases eject toward the shooter. They can hit your face, your arms and can go down your shirt. If they get caught in your clothing and held against your skin, they can cause painful burns, and possible scarring. The range was concerned that the cartridge cases could have been caught in her hijab and burned her.

July 17th, 2020 at 5:14:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
Everything.

You don't wear a beret at any range especially an indoor range....

Why. Popular in France. Why allow a baseball cap and not a Frenchy wearing a beret
How about civil war cap
Its a fashion rule
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 17th, 2020 at 6:00:05 PM permalink
Gandler
Why. Popular in France. Why allow a baseball cap and not a Frenchy wearing a beret
How about civil war cap
Its a fashion rule

This is not France.....

Berets are not for shooting....

France also bans burqas and niqābs everywhere (yes different than hijabs)..... Its a more secular democracy that I have a lot of respect for.....

But, even in France, look at the FFL or any range, you won't see people shooting in berets, berets are a fashion statement or part of a uniform, not saftey gear.....
July 17th, 2020 at 6:09:17 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Gandler

Berets are not for shooting....

Whats wrong with wearing a beret for shooting. If its in a camo style, is that ok lol
I don't have an issue with loose clothing being banned such as a hijab
I have an issue with caps similar to baseball caps but are not baseball caps that are banned.
Its arbitrary and dumb
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 17th, 2020 at 6:14:19 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
The range was concerned that the cartridge cases could have been caught in her hijab and burned her.

I get that
but
There are plenty of guns that dont eject
I've shot a few times in my life. Dont think anything ejected
July 17th, 2020 at 6:15:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Whats wrong with wearing a beret for shooting. If its in a camo style, is that ok lol
I don't have an issue with loose clothing being banned such as a hijab
I have an issue with caps similar to baseball caps but are not baseball caps that are banned.
Its arbitrary and dumb

Because it's their rule.

Their range, their saftey rules.....

It's not arbitrary or dumb, it exists for a reaaon. The only reason you care is because this is a Muslim. If some hipster was turned away from the range for wearing a purple beret, you would not care...

They want special privileges for their religious garb..... Its as simple as that. I wish we had some of the laws France did regarding religious garb....
July 17th, 2020 at 7:15:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko

That guy's shirt probably has a larger access space than this outfit.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2020 at 4:59:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
That guy's shirt probably has a larger access space than this outfit.

He's asking for trouble. Those casings reach 400F and can cause third degree burns. He should be wearing a long sleeved shirt, with a buttoned collar. He should also be wearing a baseball cap for scalp protection. The brim will deflect descending casings away from his face.

He was hit in the face a few times, beginning at 8:00.

Public ranges are extremely dangerous places. This fool tried to shake out a casing that went down the back of his sweatshirt. He discharged his weapon twice and nearly shot someone passing behind him.

July 18th, 2020 at 5:24:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Why is it so hard to either follow the rules of the place instead of trying to decide for them what they should and should not allow in their place of business?

Go somewhere else. Start your own gun range.

The left won't stop whining until they make the rules for every facet of a business or your personal life. If the rule wasn't made strictly to discriminate and it makes sense, why mess with it? Why should a business owner have to waste time going through every type of head covering and making a yea/nay list?
Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »